+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3381893;
    The "fixation with the teaching thing" isn't because any of us really care what she does for a living... it's to point out that when she told Jason that's what she wanted to do (and let's not forget "play with my kids all summer" ) it was a bunch of BS. We're just pointing out that the girl she portrayed herself to be to Jason during filming, isn't really who she is and probably why her and Jason broke up.

If her being on DWTS gets her where she wants to go - good for her - but I think it's time for people to start seeing Melissa as who she really is and not as a "victim" of Jason's. If anybody was playing anybody, it was Melissa playing Jason during the taping of the show.
    No one who has any connection with Melli, including Melli herself, has ever said she is or was a victim. Quite the contrary: her statement directly was I'm OK, I'm not a victim. So, it's a false dichotomy: that one is necessarily the victim of the other. Mel is not a victim at all. Jason is a victim, that's true. Jason is a victim of himself. Of his neediness, of his whimpiness, of his sleaziness, or his pathological need to pad the truth to his own benfit. It didn't take Melli or anyone else to expose him to the world: he did it for himself. Everytime he opens his mouth. He was , according to him, a victim of his divorce as that's what got him the hook on The B(ette); he was a victim of Dee and played that to the hilt to get TB; he was a victim of TPTB in this whole mess; he was a victim of his emotions. Blah Blah Blah.

Melli played no one. What you see is what you get. This is how she was as a DCC. But, she's no dummy. She has a BS in Finance, with teaching credits as well. Sorry, but you don't get that without having some substance to you. Everyone saw how natural she is with children. If she, at 25, has a chance to have a good time and get past that turd, and then pick up her life, more power to her.

Yes, she is bubbly, and quirky and makes funny faces at time. Yes, she speaks from the heart and it's not always "perfect" in what she says or how she says it. It's a hell of a lot more fun to be around that sour puss, sarcastic, racoon eyed, pony tailed princess/assitant buyer at Kohl's Molly who believes the world owes her a living, thinks big words and sarcasm cover for selfishness and a cold heart, and equal smarts (they don't). And who is "poor me-ing" the fact that nobody is impressed by the "love is selfesh"/hold me, squeeze, me, kiss me tour she and Jascum are on.

But everyone to their own devices and choices. That's what makes it fun, right?

The "fixation with the teaching thing" isn't because any of us really care what she does for a living... it's to point out that when she told Jason that's what she wanted to do (and let's not forget "play with my kids all summer" ) it was a bunch of BS. We're just pointing out that the girl she portrayed herself to be to Jason during filming, isn't really who she is and probably why her and Jason broke up.

If her being on DWTS gets her where she wants to go - good for her - but I think it's time for people to start seeing Melissa as who she really is and not as a "victim" of Jason's. If anybody was playing anybody, it was Melissa playing Jason during the taping of the show.
    ITA, you said it all. Victim, right, about as much a victim as Deanna. She played the teaching card to WIN the prize. Her turning her butt to him at the proposal and yelling told it all, she WON. Once the limelight was over so was she. She is nothing but a limelight -------.

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3382040;
    But, she's no dummy. She has a BS in Finance, with teaching credits as well. Sorry, but you don't get that without having some substance to you.
    Just to clarify, I work in finance and you do not need a towering intellect to achieve a BS in finance. What you do need is a demonstrated ability to learn by rote and parrot back. I have met, and continue to meet, people with various degrees in finance who are unable to reason their way out of a paper back. Reasoning and analytical thinking are the actual hallmarks of intelligence, not information absorption.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3382039;
    I am sorry to hear that. I never really had a very high opinion of Molly, but I now think both of these girls have not really gotten a good ending. Of course it is only my opinion, but I don't think Jason is coming across as good as he did in the beginning. Rating were out of the roof for sure, but I lost respect for the show.
    I think one of the problems was due to the extreme editting this season. I think if the editting was done differently this season would have been awsome. For example, Melissa and Jason talking the hot tub in NZ. Her glass of champange had so many different levels that it was obvious it was sliced and diced together, also the responses from both of them made no sense whatsoever.
    Jason was so popular from Deanna's season I think that's one of the reasons for high ratings. I personally can not stand Reality Steve, I think he ruined it for most people including myself and of course how the producers dealt with AFRC. Personally if they had done the AFRC #1 for 2 hours and than a 1 hr for AFRC # 2 it would have been clearer. Just my opinion. But I can also understand why you would loose respect for the show, a lot of people did. But I am a huge fan, so I will be here talking about Jillian once the new thread starts.

I don't think anyone can know for sure whether that statement was false, or just a long term idea of the life she'd like to have. If she found that Jason was the one she wanted to settle down with, perhaps she would be ready to pursue that part of her life. Teach, so that she can stay home with her kids. Why is that so hard to believe? Family really seems important to her.

And since Jason was not her true love, she was ready to go home and get out of the limelight of the trainwreck of the Bachelor. She, at the time, turned down the Bachelorette, in which she could be a "star". (Deanna did not) Now it's been almost 8 weeks since the ATFR1 and a good 4 months since she thought she might settle down with Jason, and talked about her long term "family" goal. An exciting and fun opportunity dropped into her lap. It is not long-term, doesn't involve finding "love", and can't be edited by Fleiss. Why not?? Most people continue with their careers until they find their spouses and have kids. Then their lives change - some continue to work, and some try to find a way to stay home or have summers with their kids. It's what I did.

I also disagree with those who say she has nothing of substance to say or that she is playing a victim. She is very articulate, and expresses herself well. Other than one "haha" after being encouraged by the interviewer, she has been restrained but honest in her responses about Jason and Molly, and hasn't "bashed" them in any way, shape or form. She continues to say that she's fine and ready to move on. Does she like them? No, but who would if put in her situation?

kultainen, I love your posts.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3382050;
    She continues to say that she's fine and ready to move on. Does she like them? No, but who would if put in her situation?

No I would not either if I was in that same situation. I am glad she has moved on with her life.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by kultainen;3382040;
    No one who has any connection with Melli, including Melli herself, has ever said she is or was a victim. Quite the contrary: her statement directly was I'm OK, I'm not a victim. So, it's a false dichotomy: that one is necessarily the victim of the other. Mel is not a victim at all. Jason is a victim, that's true. Jason is a victim of himself. Of his neediness, of his whimpiness, of his sleaziness, or his pathological need to pad the truth to his own benfit. It didn't take Melli or anyone else to expose him to the world: he did it for himself. Everytime he opens his mouth. He was , according to him, a victim of his divorce as that's what got him the hook on The B(ette); he was a victim of Dee and played that to the hilt to get TB; he was a victim of TPTB in this whole mess; he was a victim of his emotions. Blah Blah Blah.

Melli played no one. What you see is what you get. This is how she was as a DCC. But, she's no dummy. She has a BS in Finance, with teaching credits as well. Sorry, but you don't get that without having some substance to you. Everyone saw how natural she is with children. If she, at 25, has a chance to have a good time and get past that turd, and then pick up her life, more power to her.

Yes, she is bubbly, and quirky and makes funny faces at time. Yes, she speaks from the heart and it's not always "perfect" in what she says or how she says it. It's a hell of a lot more fun to be around that sour puss, sarcastic, racoon eyed, pony tailed princess/assitant buyer at Kohl's Molly who believes the world owes her a living, thinks big words and sarcasm cover for selfishness and a cold heart, and equal smarts (they don't). And who is "poor me-ing" the fact that nobody is impressed by the "love is selfesh"/hold me, squeeze, me, kiss me tour she and Jascum are on.

But everyone to their own devices and choices. That's what makes it fun, right?
    Jason is the only wannabee "victim" and Jesse is out there defending him as though they are in the same boat when Melissa is the one who got dumped. Jesse should be identifying with her not a guy who did the dumping and then took up with the F2. The similarity is that both of them took up with someone else in the franchise at light speed and I think Jesse is telling on himself by standing up for the guy whose behavior is most like his.

I'm glad those two couples are hanging out. They are kindred spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3382063;
    Jason is the only wannabee "victim" and Jesse is out there defending him as though they are in the same boat when Melissa is the one who got dumped. Jesse should be identifying with her not a guy who did the dumping and then took up with the F2. The similarity is that both of them took up with someone else in the franchise at light speed and I think Jesse is telling on himself by standing up for the guy whose behavior is most like his.

I'm glad those two couples are hanging out. They are kindred spirits.
    Not that I think that most of us can or will ever know what really happened with any of these people, but I feel the most sure of Melissa. Call it intuition, call it the way she has taken the high road, call it because every account from someone who has actually known her is positive, call it because she comes across on-screen and in interviews as sweet, friendly, outgoing and positive, whatever. She only did the "Ellen" show after TB (and now is doing media interviews for DWTS, probably contractual, and if not, so what? She appears to be enjoying the heck out of doing DWTS). She turned down TB-ette. She could have marketed the breakup to the maximum (like DeAnna and Jason did), but she didn't.

Jesse disappointed me with that particular Jason support. Yes, they apparently became friends on DeAnna's season, and yes, they are both guys, but geesh. But we really don't know how much of any of that is "propaganda" based on ulterior motives (either of the business kind or personal kind).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3382081;
    Jesse disappointed me with that particular Jason support. Yes, they apparently became friends on DeAnna's season, and yes, they are both guys, but geesh. But we really don't know how much of any of that is "propaganda" based on ulterior motives (either of the business kind or personal kind).
    Perhaps there is commiseration because they both know first hand the disappointment that follows the initial attraction to a pretty little bit o' nothing. If you bought a really nice looking Coach bag only to discover that the lining, internal pockets, key fobs and zippers were missing, wouldn't you be disappointed too?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread