+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

FORT Regular

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

There is nothing not to like about Melissa. She is young and sweet and pretty and says all the right things. Did I mention young? If she wants to be a 1st grade teacher has she applied to college? I"m just curious how serious this goal is for her. Does anyone know if she has a BA and what it is in?

Does anyone know if Melissa applied to be on the Bachelor or if she was contacted by someone with a hand in the casting process? I'm wondering if someone said "You know who looks like Deanna? This girl on a cheerleading reality show, let's see if she is single and willing to be on our show." Their resemblance is uncanny, imo. Yeah, I realize some don't see it (or don't want to see it because they hate Deanna so much).

I have a feeling the official story will be that a friend or relative told her about Jason. I can see her friends telling her she looks a lot like the bachelorette on tv so she checked it out to see if they were right.

I think it's a little weird that she went from not dating anyone for three years to a reality dating show where the ultimate goal is to be engaged in the finale. Does not compute.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3278186;
    Does anyone know if Melissa applied to be on the Bachelor or if she was contacted by someone with a hand in the casting process? I'm wondering if someone said "You know who looks like Deanna? This girl on a cheerleading reality show, let's see if she is single and willing to be on our show." Their resemblance is uncanny, imo. Yeah, I realize some don't see it (or don't want to see it because they hate Deanna so much).

I have a feeling the official story will be that a friend or relative told her about Jason. I can see her friends telling her she looks a lot like the bachelorette on tv so she checked it out to see if they were right.

I think it's a little weird that she went from not dating anyone for three years to a reality dating show where the ultimate goal is to be engaged in the finale. Does not compute.

Probably she decided that she saw Jason, got the opportunity to be on the show and decided to give it a try. Then she really connect and feel inlove with him. No one knows where they are going to meet their future spouse JMO

I really don't see the resemblance to Deanna, they are similar in looks as far as dark hair but other than that I don't think they look anything alike. It has nothing to do with my feelings about Deanna either

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3278186;

Haha, see....I think most girls would love to be engaged. I know I would I don't think it matters how long you were single before your next relationship....if you're ready and wanting it then that is all that matters.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by just2relax;3277859;
    There is nothing not to like about Melissa. She is young and sweet and pretty and says all the right things. Did I mention young? If she wants to be a 1st grade teacher has she applied to college? I"m just curious how serious this goal is for her. Does anyone know if she has a BA and what it is in?
    Melissa has a bachelors degree from the University of Northern Texas.

My neice had a degree in Marketing and recently got a teaching certificate in Texas. Depending on the area in Texas, the state will pay for your certification classes while you are teaching. First you have to take a test to see if you have the qualifications. It takes about 1 year to get your state certification. If accepted into the program you attend classes 1 night a week during the school year and attend summer school full time for 1 summer.

Most colleges have a 1 year certification program if you already have a 4 year degree.

I think Melissa is only on the show for the exposure. She was a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys and then did another reality show before "The Bachelor". In a past interview she stated her desire to be a TV host like Deanna. And then suddenly she tells Jason that she wants to be a first grade teacher!!!
    Where did that come from? I think she was just telling him what she thought he wanted to hear, NOT what she really wanted for herself. She wants the limelight and NOTHING more IMHO!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewFan22;3279442;
    I think Melissa is only on the show for the exposure. She was a cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys and then did another reality show before "The Bachelor". In a past interview she stated her desire to be a TV host like Deanna. And then suddenly she tells Jason that she wants to be a first grade teacher!!!
    Where did that come from? I think she was just telling him what she thought he wanted to hear, NOT what she really wanted for herself. She wants the limelight and NOTHING more IMHO!!
    She was a DCC and appeared in segments of shows the Cowboys produced re: the try-out procedure, etc. along with 600+ other girls. I believe she stated a desire to be a TV host on that show several years ago. She is certainly entitled to change her mind. After two years as a DCC, she chose to "retire". She seems to have stepped away from that glaring limelight. :-) I'm in no position to judge her based on the edited version of her that TPTB have shown us. She seems well liked by the other girls in the house!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewFan22;3279442;

Wow. I wonder why she didn't go out for the DCC again, then? I'm not sure when tryouts started, but it had to be long before Jason was announced as The Bachelor. She would have been guaranteed limelight time trying out for the DCC again. And how much limelight do sales reps get? She hasn't been working very hard on that limelight goal. :nono Could it be that she's no longer interested in that??? I don't know her, but I choose to give her the benefit of the doubt. Go Melissa!

FORT Fanatic

I keep reading comments that Melissa has been on two reality shows. I know about the Making the Team one, but which other reality show was she on?

+ Reply to Thread