+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

FORT Fan

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles22;3381199;

I also am amazed at those who appear almost obsessed with her career goals (teaching). Melissa currently holds a BS in Finance, has a great job, is 25 years old, and has her life ahead of her. One thing I have learned from my own experience is ~ life just falls in place somehow. Sometimes the paths we choose lead us to where we were meant to be.
    I'm a little amazed too that people are so fixated on the teaching thing too - especially when it's not like she could become one overnight or right after the show when she thought she'd be moving to Seattle to start a new life.

I work with a guy who says he'd like to be a math teacher but he has a wife who stays home with their two kids. His salary would be cut by more than half in one of the most expensive places to live in the country. Teaching would be a good idea for someone in a not so expensive city, with a working spouse who could basically carry the household. I know people who've gone into teaching later in life because of the summers off and the opportunity to stay home with their kids during that time. Wasn't that the context she used it in? I think she's got some time before she finds someone to marry and have children with.

I just have to say... let Melissa do what Jason has been doing....let her "live her life".
    Last edited by SaffronSunrise; 03-12-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: grammar
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Oh, btw, I think Melissa is going to be on "Extra!" next Tuesday.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3381677;
    I just have to say... let Melissa do what Jason has been doing....let her "live her life".
    Amen to that!

Oh, thanks for letting us know about Melissa being on Extra! I can't wait to see what she has to say.

By the way, anyone know exactly why the spoiler thread is down?

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3381683;
    I thought Melissa had said she wanted to disappear from the limelight?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3381875;
    I thought Melissa had said she wanted to disappear from the limelight?
    Since she is now on DWTS I think not. I wonder if she will be doing another interview or just an update about DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3381648;
    I'm a little amazed too that people are so fixated on the teaching thing too - especially when it's not like she could become one overnight or right after the show when she thought she'd be moving to Seattle to start a new life.

I work with a guy who says he'd like to be a math teacher but he has a wife who stays home with their two kids. His salary would be cut by more than half in one of the most expensive places to live in the country. Teaching would be a good idea for someone in a not so expensive city, with a working spouse who could basically carry the household. I know people who've gone into teaching later in life because of the summers off and the opportunity to stay home with their kids during that time. Wasn't that the context she used it in? I think she's got some time before she finds someone to marry and have children with.

The "fixation with the teaching thing" isn't because any of us really care what she does for a living... it's to point out that when she told Jason that's what she wanted to do (and let's not forget "play with my kids all summer" ) it was a bunch of BS. We're just pointing out that the girl she portrayed herself to be to Jason during filming, isn't really who she is and probably why her and Jason broke up.

If her being on DWTS gets her where she wants to go - good for her - but I think it's time for people to start seeing Melissa as who she really is and not as a "victim" of Jason's. If anybody was playing anybody, it was Melissa playing Jason during the taping of the show.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3381893;
    The "fixation with the teaching thing" isn't because any of us really care what she does for a living... it's to point out that when she told Jason that's what she wanted to do (and let's not forget "play with my kids all summer" ) it was a bunch of BS. We're just pointing out that the girl she portrayed herself to be to Jason during filming, isn't really who she is and probably why her and Jason broke up.

If her being on DWTS gets her where she wants to go - good for her - but I think it's time for people to start seeing Melissa as who she really is and not as a "victim" of Jason's. If anybody was playing anybody, it was Melissa playing Jason during the taping of the show.

I agree northerviewer IMO she is De 2.0. I just can't figure out who is more annoying Mel or De.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3381802;
    Amen to that!

Oh, thanks for letting us know about Melissa being on Extra! I can't wait to see what she has to say.

By the way, anyone know exactly why the spoiler thread is down?
    Yw! I noticed that Melissa's has been locked for quite a while, but I didn't see a Mod post explaining why.

It makes sense to me that all of the DWTS contestants have contractual obligations to promote the show via vehicles like Extra! and other entertainment news shows.

Plus, I really doubt that Melissa solicited the Extra! and Access Hollywood appearances (LOL). Those shows are "picking her up" because she's news, and their viewers want to see her (to say nothing of the DWTS viewers, likewise).
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3381893;
    ...I think it's time for people to start seeing Melissa as who she really is and not as a "victim" of Jason's. If anybody was playing anybody, it was Melissa playing Jason during the taping of the show.
    Who she really is, apparently, is a perky gal of no obvious substance. She has never said anything worth hearing and I would have to guess that after the initial excitement of televised romance, Jason discovered she was a cute little empty shell. That someone of Jason's dearth of wit and substance found her lacking says quite a lot about just how little she has to offer. But Twinkies, Harlequins and Coors Lite all sell quite well, so why shouldn't Melissa.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread