+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

FORT Fan

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Boy, it's a good thing a reporter isn't interviewing me at any given point during the day. Who knows what would come out of my mouth ... good or bad ... that people could dissect.

Point is, as all of the players keep reminding us, they are "real people". Perhaps they're not the most media savvy folks around. Things may pop out of their mouths that aren't the most PC; we're all human.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc;3380945;
    It could be taken out of context. She could have done that, and then been like no, I really do wish him well. Who the heck cares.
    I just went and watched the inteview and I agree with the bolded part. And it was cut off so she could have said just kidding or whatever.

It is no big deal. I can't believe people are making such a big deal out this.
    I think she is great and danced great and if she keeps it up then I hope she wins an even bigger fan base.

I also want to say to those that keep talking about this being her 3rd Reality TV show. She didn't try out for DCC just because CMT was filming, they just happened to be filming when she tried out for the DCC because their network thought it would be a fun show. She chose the Bachelor, but DWTS chose her, not the other way around. I think it is grossly unfair to say she just wants to be on TV. If she does get a TV career, more power to her. If she goes back home to her job, gets married, starts a family and decides to go into teaching to have more time for her kids, more power to her. She is allowed to change her mind without people calling her a liar.
    Last edited by mommyof2poodles; 03-12-2009 at 08:54 AM.
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

I kind of thought she was cute saying hahahahaha and she sure could have said a lot more and been a lot meaner. Good comeback on the spur of the moment! She did look beautiful and she did dance really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamary;3381027;
    I kind of thought she was cute saying hahahahaha and she sure could have said a lot more and been a lot meaner. Good comeback on the spur of the moment! She did look beautiful and she did dance really well.
    I agree - it was no big deal. Obviously, Melissa has no warm and fuzzy feelings towards Jason and Molly, but I think she has showed great restraint. She was angry at the ATFR, hurt in the limo, and respectful but honest in her one post show interview with Ellen. My take is that, although she knew the relationship was over, and suspected that it was Molly, it alll crashed in on her and she realized that Jason was dishonest through the whole thing. Molly was "the other woman" and from the beginning Jason didn't even try to explore a relationship with the one he asked to marry him. Whether it was over or not, I don't know many people who wouldn't be a bit resentful in that situation. I think one snarky comment can be forgiven, especially given the things that Molly said about her in the limo, and what Jason did to her. I also think she was egged on a bit by the people at DWTS. I would bet she is very ready for all Bachelor references to end.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3380955;
    I just went and watched the inteview and I agree with the bolded part. And it was cut off so she could have said just kidding or whatever.

It is no big deal. I can't believe people are making such a big deal out this.
    I think she is great and danced great and if she keeps it up then I hope she wins an even bigger fan base.

I also want to say to those that keep talking about this being her 3rd Reality TV show. She didn't try out for DCC just because CMT was filming, they just happened to be filming when she tried out for the DCC because their network thought it would be a fun show. She chose the Bachelor, but DWTS chose her, not the other way around. I think it is grossly unfair to say she just wants to be on TV. If she does get a TV career, more power to her. If she goes back home to her job, gets married, starts a family and decides to go into teaching to have more time for her kids, more power to her. She is allowed to change her mind without people calling her a liar.
    That comment was mild from her. Who hasn't been dumped then savored in that first moment when you see your ex, you look awesome, and in your mind you're thinking "eat your heart out, this is what you gave up". I know I have.

And, I have to comment about the teaching thing. I'm in my early 40's and have always wanted to be a teacher, yet have never had the guts to quit my current job, finish college, and try a new career at something I truly want to do. From the time I was 25 I kept saying, I'm too old to go back, etc.

My point is, just because Melissa hasn't immediately changed her career doesn't mean that that is not her true passion. If that is her passion, I hope she pursues it and doesn't regret not doing it.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

I have to admit if I were in her shoes, I would have said alot more than Melissa did. She has been gracious. It has been brought up by one of her close friends, that when she arrived at the "emergency" tapings for the ATFR ~ she was given her engagement ring and told that Jason wanted to reaffirm his commitment to her. If it weren't for the fact that 'someone with a conscience' forewarned her, before walking out onto the stage ~ not to expect good things, she would have been completely blindsided. The fact that she went on Ellen and said what was expected of her actually took the alot of the media heat off of not only Jason, but Fleiss, CH, and anyone else involved. I can understand how she would feel redeemed when she was presented with such a fabulous opportunity to participate on DWTS.

I also am amazed at those who appear almost obsessed with her career goals (teaching). Melissa currently holds a BS in Finance, has a great job, is 25 years old, and has her life ahead of her. One thing I have learned from my own experience is ~ life just falls in place somehow. Sometimes the paths we choose lead us to where we were meant to be.

FORT Fogey

I'm glad she's on DWTS and having fun and learning new dances. This is a positive move for her and Jason can move on with his charity and Molly which is a positive thing for them. Best for all involved.

Anyone see a picture of her Ty yet??

Is he one of the guys she talked bad about while on the show??

hom
    FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by RachelC;3381336;
    Anyone see a picture of her Ty yet??

Is he one of the guys she talked bad about while on the show??
    Ellen showed a picture when Melissa was on the show.

I haven't posted much if at all on this thread because during the season, I was mostly posting in the Spoiler threads.

IMO, Melissa *made* season 13, and I wouldn't have avidly watched and recorded it if it hadn't been for her.

I'm ecstatic that she was asked to do "Dancing With The Stars", and am thrilled that she did so well on her first dance (with only 2 days of rehearsal). She looks like a movie star, and I'm sure that if she desires it, she can have a long career in the entertainment industry. And maybe she'll pursue a teaching career...even teaching dance to children. The sky's the limit for Melissa, and I don't begrudge her changing her goals (if she already has done so, or will), following dreams, and taking opportunities that come her way.

I wasn't going to follow DWTS8 (because Jewel had to drop out) until I luckily heard that Melissa was being added.

IMO, Melissa is going to win it!
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

+ Reply to Thread