+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

I don't care if these people are fame whor*s or not.
    I think anybody who goes on these shows is wanting their 15 minutes of fame, pure and simple. That said, I am pleased that TB did produce a contestant like Melissa. To me, she is more watchable than a majority of the people who I see on TV. She has a very likable personality and one that the audience can relate to. I can't find anything at all wrong with that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3380048;
    Good point. Neither Jillian nor Melissa should be referred to as famewhores. It is degrading.
    There's nothing wrong with that. Who among us would turn down People Magazine if they called to do a story? But, please, let's don't pretend that Melissa is just doing this because she's between semesters or has a love of dance.
    I agree with the famewhore comment. IMO, that term should be reserved for those people who will do anything just to be on TV or famous (ie. Kim Kardashian, Brody Jenner). And I don't believe Jillian nor Melissa fit into that category.

I disagree with the second part, though. The thing that bugs me is when people say Melissa was lying about the teaching thing. That TV was her plan all along. I don't believe it was.

I completely believe her. That after TB, she had no plans of doing reality TV again & wanted to move past everything and return to her normal life. And yes, pursuing teaching. But things changed. She got an opportunity she never could've expected, that she couldn't turn down. Something that even her parents supported (they didn't support her doing TB). To be on a show that she was probably a fan of. To do something she loves (and is good at!). It's fun and exciting and adventurous (the same reasons I think Jilly's doing The Bachelorette). And oh yeah, it doesn't involve her family or her dating life!

At least, that's the feeling I got from watching her interviews after DWTS. She actually joked about her being on multiple reality shows in one of them, "I don't plan on making a career out of this, I promise!"

Am I saying that after this she's going to go back to Dallas & continue to pursue teaching? I don't know. I don't even think she knows yet. It's only been a week since this all started! Who knows what other opportunities might come from this? But I don't think she has plans NOT to.
    Last edited by ky-la; 03-11-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3380235;
    Am I saying that after this she's going to go back to Dallas & continue to pursue teaching? I don't know. I don't even think she knows yet. It's only been a week since this all started! Who knows what other opportunities might come from this? But I don't think she has plans NOT to.
    That's just it. She doesn't know what she wants to do. So, when it was convenient for her to be a teacher with summers off, she was going to do that. And now that it's fun and exciting to dance on TV, she's going to do that. She's flexible that way and we just need to accept it.

FORT Fogey

I was on the DCC site to see if they had anything up about Mel being on DWTS & found this. One of the DCC's that was on the squad with Melissa, wrote a blog after the Bachelor finale.

Letter To Melissa
    Showing Dignity And Class

Dear Melissa,

Although I've talked to you and told you this, I want all of our readers to know that I am so very proud of you. (As are all of the girls, I am sure!) You handled yourself with such dignity and class. You have more depth in your pinky finger then Jason has in his whole body and Molly too. They soooo deserve each other. You are the kindest, sweetest person I know. You are genuine, speak the truth and I have never heard you say a mean thing about anyone. Well... except to Jason on television and he so deserved it. But at least you said it to his face, not behind it!

What ABC and Jason did to you was undignified, classless and downright despicable. If Jason had any class and maturity at all, he would have insisted that he break it off before hand, and then ABC could have invited the two of you to talk about it on television. If it was a ratings boost they needed, shame on them. They could've attained it by being decent and doing things the correct way.

You will find happiness. I know it! You deserve the best that life has to offer, never forget that. You are a "keeper" and a true man with a heart will know that. You are as beautiful inside as you are out. Keep you head high and never forget that you have a sisterhood behind you! DCC forever!

Love,
    Tobie
    Letter To Melissa

What person who wants a career in front of the cameras walks away from the DCC and goes to work for a wine distributor?

If Jason had any class and maturity at all, he would have insisted that he break it off before hand, and then ABC could have invited the two of you to talk about it on television.
    That's exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3380248;
    I was on the DCC site to see if they had anything up about Mel being on DWTS & found this. One of the DCC's that was on the squad with Melissa, wrote a blog after the Bachelor finale.

Letter To Melissa
    Nice letter full of compliments from a good friend! But again the trashing -- how does Tobie know how much "depth" Molly and Jason have? And they did break it off before the filming, remember? She did not need to post this on a blog; she could have kept it private. A nice statement like, "Melissa, we support you and love you," would have been enough - without all of the trashing we're all so accustomed to now!

IMO the only reason she turned down doing the bachelorette is because she already had a boyfriend. I would not doubt if she was seeing him all the while.

I remember having this discussin after the end of Brad's season. All her fans denied De wanted fame. Look at De now.
    Last edited by sueb1961; 03-11-2009 at 07:05 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3380272;
    IMO the only reason she turned down doing the bachelorette is because she already had a boyfriend.
    I disagree. From her interviews, it sounds like she was completely done with the show & the producers. And who could blame her?

In her GMA interview yesterday, the gist I got from her comments about everything was basically "What the heck was I thinking going on a TV show to find love?"

Could you honestly see her being the Bachelorette after all that mess?

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3379916;
    Ughh. We may never get rid of her now.
    She grates more on my nerves than any Bach or 'ette contestant I can recall.
    This season--enough already!
    "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

+ Reply to Thread