+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

FORT Fogey

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

I think it is good that she told him sooner than later since there are scars and if he were the type to be totally turned off to that, it is wise to know up front.

Avatar requests...use them if you would like.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3287778;
    Avatar requests...use them if you would like.

Thanks cupcakes, probably now you can tell me how to put one in my avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikiniki;3287845;
    Yes, cupcakes. Please do tell us how to use the avatars!

Quote Originally Posted by nikiniki;3287845;
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilltopmom;3287917;
    Yes, cupcakes. Please do tell us how to use the avatars!
    I sent you both PM's on how to add an avatar.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3284623;
    It was her, Jason and millions of viewers. So it was not private. Still, there is a time and place for talk so private. Otherwise, tacky tacky. JMO.
    Ok time for me to comment. I thought it was wrong to be televised. And should of been kept private between just the two of them. I have had a breast reduction and do not broadcast it to the world. But on a more personal note about when to tell someone something so personal. I would of done it on a private date "without the cameras". I have lived with a birth defect all of my life. Now in my 50's and married, it is mute. But when growing up and dating someone knew. I would not even tell them about it, if if wasn't someone I went to school with. If I dated the same person several times meaning more than 3 than the subject would be talked about. And my situation is alot more touchier than the breast reduction. To me the breast reduction would need to be talked about in length if you were going to be intimate with the person. And also if you were so far into the relationship that marriage was going to be there. But she just met him, and hasn't spent alot of time with him. The one thing that does bother me is the fact that she is always crossing his legs with hers, it is one thing if your relationship has advanced from just a couple of dates. But to do this with a dress on to me is not being very modest. And for those that don't think the breast reduction is a issue. Let me tell you a sad story I have a teenage relative that is very large as well. How would you feel as a parent of this child, and for this child if you recieved a notice from the school that your child can not attend school any longer because she is a distraction to the class. It has been devasting to her and her family as well. And they can not afford to luxury of the reduction. So this should of been thought about in detail before TPTB decided to air it.

FORT Newbie

I wondered why they put that on the air. It was a little disturbing. I think that when we blurt out these things it comes from some nervous tension or lack of something to say in a situation. This should have been kept quiet. I can just picture the "rags" trying to find her surgeon to get an interview if she is the f1. Thank you theboies for being so sensitive.

I think people have differing levels of comfort with these types of issues. Breast reduction shouldn't be taboo in my opinion but I agree with the posters that believe it was producer driven. You can almost count on it. theboies I am sorry for your teenage relative but I believe that is against the law. It doesn't change the the hurt and embarrassment caused by the school notification, but I would be livid.

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_peach;3284794;

You know given the setting of the date that they were on, and with how comfortable she felt with J I see nothing wrong with her telling him at that time. Geez, it isn't like she was showing him the scars or anything. I thought the conversation was tastefully done as well as appropriate. To me it shows how comfortable she feels around him, and I would say that is a very good thing on her part. IMHO

Nicely said .... my opinion as well thanks

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by theboies;3288173;
    Ok time for me to comment. I thought it was wrong to be televised. And should of been kept private between just the two of them. I have had a breast reduction and do not broadcast it to the world. But on a more personal note about when to tell someone something so personal. I would of done it on a private date "without the cameras". I have lived with a birth defect all of my life. Now in my 50's and married, it is mute. But when growing up and dating someone knew. I would not even tell them about it, if if wasn't someone I went to school with. If I dated the same person several times meaning more than 3 than the subject would be talked about. And my situation is alot more touchier than the breast reduction. To me the breast reduction would need to be talked about in length if you were going to be intimate with the person. And also if you were so far into the relationship that marriage was going to be there. But she just met him, and hasn't spent alot of time with him. The one thing that does bother me is the fact that she is always crossing his legs with hers, it is one thing if your relationship has advanced from just a couple of dates. But to do this with a dress on to me is not being very modest. And for those that don't think the breast reduction is a issue. Let me tell you a sad story I have a teenage relative that is very large as well. How would you feel as a parent of this child, and for this child if you recieved a notice from the school that your child can not attend school any longer because she is a distraction to the class. It has been devasting to her and her family as well. And they can not afford to luxury of the reduction. So this should of been thought about in detail before TPTB decided to air it.
    I'm very sorry for what happened to your relative. It sounds very discriminatory and I think they need a good lawyer. JMO

+ Reply to Thread