+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3284623;
    It was her, Jason and millions of viewers. Still, there is a time and place for talk so private. Otherwise, tacky tacky. JMO.
    I am guessing that like everything else that we see...it was producer driven

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStories;3284600;
    When you are dating on a national tv show, there is no such thing as a private conversation. The surgery was a major event in her life that probably made her the person she is today. The goal is to be comfortable opening up to each other and in this instance mission accomplished. If the surgery was something she wanted to share with him, it seems like the date definitely opened the door to what might have been an awkward segway on a normal date.

You know given the setting of the date that they were on, and with how comfortable she felt with J I see nothing wrong with her telling him at that time. Geez, it isn't like she was showing him the scars or anything. I thought the conversation was tastefully done as well as appropriate. To me it shows how comfortable she feels around him, and I would say that is a very good thing on her part. IMHO
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

I wonder if this "debate" would be happening if she had told him she had a breast augmentation. Looking at some of the others, especially when the camera pans on them and how perfect they stay and never move, they've had some type of surgery - or really good tape!!

Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter;3284840;
    I wonder if this "debate" would be happening if she had told him she had a breast augmentation. Looking at some of the others, especially when the camera pans on them and how perfect they stay and never move, they've had some type of surgery - or really good tape!!
    makes ya wonder, doesn't it!
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

FORT Newbie

i would also just like to add that we don't know how much time theyve really spent together. its obvious from the pictures on medianet that there were deleted scenes with melissa and jason. and im sure that wasnt the only time. i find it hard to believe after all this time theyve really only had that one date and the short amount of time together on the past group date. unfortunately, editing doesnt show us the hole picture and that is sad. i get the impression that melissa and jason had actually spent alot more time together than we've seen and thats why her breast reduction story was ok. just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_peach;3284794;

You know given the setting of the date that they were on, and with how comfortable she felt with J I see nothing wrong with her telling him at that time. Geez, it isn't like she was showing him the scars or anything. I thought the conversation was tastefully done as well as appropriate. To me it shows how comfortable she feels around him, and I would say that is a very good thing on her part. IMHO
    I don't think see why there is an issue with saying that she had a breast reduction. From personal experience (I have not had one but looked into it), but when you're going through that, you get very comfortable talking about it. You're kind of forced to because in that "process" you have tons of conversations with doctors/family/etc entirely about your ta ta's! So she's probably very comfortable with talking about it. Also, I'm sure it dramatically changed her life, and she's proud/happy that she did it! Good for her!

Quote Originally Posted by heartsaflutter;3284840;
    I agree with you. Actually, when she commented on it, my first thought was that wow...how refreshing...a young woman who wasn't obsessed with how much larger her breasts could be. I also thought of a friend of mine whose daughter had the reduction done because the large size on her slim frame really caused a lot of back problems.

What a deep revelation from Melissa that she got her titties reduced. Perfect ice breaker for that second? third date.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Since Melissa has to divulge all her innermost secrets to the producers, the likely scenario is that the producers simply said "Now is the time to tell Jason about your breast reduction." Had Melissa refused, they would have just told another girl, who would have announced it at another time, probably in a much less positive manner.

Jason was just providing the leading question to which Melissa was to respond.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

+ Reply to Thread