+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3283838;
    I don't know, but I love how he pulled her so close!

Me too... He is smitten and wants her, that scene said it ALL!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3284523;
    I just finished watching the episode and Jason asks Melissa to tell him something about herself that he wouldn't know. Jason opened the door for her to tell him.
    It was the perfect time to tell him about that and it speaks volumes that she felt comfortable enough with him to reveal it.
    I agree, it was the perfect time for her to confide this information to Jason. He opened the door, and she stepped through it. I like that she felt comfortable enough in their connection that she could reveal this to him.

Re: Melissa - Bachelor 13

she's adorable so far.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3284523;
    I just finished watching the episode and Jason asks Melissa to tell him something about herself that he wouldn't know. Jason opened the door for her to tell him.
    It was the perfect time to tell him about that and it speaks volumes that she felt comfortable enough with him to reveal it.
    She also said that if she told him a big secret he would have to tell her one also. I wonder what big secret he shared with her and why TPTB didn't share it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3284503;
    I, for one don't think the discussion is wrong in itself, but I feel there's a more appropriate time to discuss it rather than after the first or second date or so with a man you had just met on some reality show. This is just my opinion.
    I agree with you angelic...I guess you can call me old school in that there was a more appropriate time to tell him instead of on national tv IMO. For myself having had some issues with cancer and breast problems it would have been something I personally would not have divulged with someone only having known them all of 2 weeks. Why did he need to know that at this juncture in the show. I guess my age is showing here.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3284537;
    I agree with you angelic...I guess you can call me old school in that there was a more appropriate time to tell him instead of on national tv IMO. For myself having had some issues with cancer and breast problems it would have been something I personally would not have divulged with someone only having known them all of 2 weeks. Why did he need to know that at this juncture in the show. I guess my age is showing here.
    And Nennie I will agree with you and Angelic,,,she could have told him about cheerleading etc but such a personal issue at the time of a second meeting with a man is not appropriate and I guess my age is showing as well. Just wondering, if say Molly, Megan, Nikki had said this would it have drawn the same defense?

I just don't see any big deal telling a guy about a breast reduction, especially after the breast foundation event. Its speed dating, you have to be willing to completely open up early on. Look at Kari, she seemed really sweet and pretty but she didn't open up and was gone even with girls like Shannon and Megan around who its obvious Jason won't end up with. On these shows I am sure the girls are constantly encouraged to open up, share secrets, etc. Its such a non issue to me, its just breast reduction, not admission of an addiction or mental illness. Its just some mass coming out of your breasts. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3284560;
    And Nennie I will agree with you and Angelic,,,she could have told him about cheerleading etc but such a personal issue at the time of a second meeting with a man is not appropriate and I guess my age is showing as well. Just wondering, if say Molly, Megan, Nikki had said this would it have drawn the same defense?
    I don't understand what age has to do with it? Why is talking about a breast reduction surgery inappropriate to share when they talked about breasts ALL day long? Are breasts still a taboo topic? Perhaps it's a different perspective due to different generations.

Yes, I would feel the same about that the topic and would defend bringing it up, regardless of who had the surgery. Not to mention we knew this was coming, since the episode description told us that it would come up, we just didn't know who would tell the story.

I'm really surprised that it has caused such a stir.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3284537;
    I think there are some things that should be saved for private discussions. This event in her life, IMO, is one of those.

Yes, the date had to do with breasts. I don't think that is a taboo topic at all. But the date focused on the Keep a Breast Foundation. This organization raises money to educate people on prevention and early detection of breast cancer. I don't think breast cancer and having overly large breasts are in the same category. I would have the same thought if one of the women chose to tell him on that date that she had a breast augmentation. IMO, just not appropriate.
    Last edited by grneyedgirl; 01-20-2009 at 03:00 PM.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

We see most of the ladies display their breasts in low-cut, revealing outfits in every scene. The camera makes a point of showing us "the girls" frequently. How is it shocking to see two fully clothed adults discussing a surgical procedure? There was frank discussion about breasts the entire day.

+ Reply to Thread