+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

I especially liked her comment about having had breast reduction considering that was the focus of the event and there is a very high probability more than a couple of the women there have had breast augmentation. Big boobs are all the rage now and she is making it clear that she is a contrarion. That definitely would set her apart I would think.

FORT Fogey

I don't think it was a big deal at all for Melissa to discuss her breast reduction. What better time to mention it than at the end of "Hooray for Breasts!" Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Krispy;3284457;
    I especially liked her comment about having had breast reduction considering that was the focus of the event and there is a very high probability more than a couple of the women there have had breast augmentation. Big boobs are all the rage now and she is making it clear that she is a contrarion. That definitely would set her apart I would think.
    Good point and ITA, Krispy. Nearly all the gals wear clothing with necklines that reveal their assets. Melissa is a sylish dresser, but pretty modest. She doesn't flaunt what she has; now we know why.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3284462;
    I don't think it was a big deal at all for Melissa to discuss her breast reduction. What better time to mention it than at the end of "Hooray for Breasts!" Day?
    Exactly. If that's something you want to tell someone, but you're not sure how to bring it up, what better opening could you have than after spending a day celebrating breast cancer awareness and spending the day having a "bust" made? I thought her timing was fine.

It also shows that since they spent the day together already, they are at a point well past the "What's your favorite color?" conversations.

I also thought the way she introduced it was a very interesting way to get the conversation rolling and to learn more about Jason. "Here's a big secret, are you ready? If I tell you one, then you have to tell me one." I'm sure some will say that's immature, but it was a way to lighten the mood a little.

I find Melissa a very real and authentic person, and given the nature of the group date her telling Jason about her surgery was completely in context with the situation.

You can tell by their body language that there is a level of comfort between them, especially from the way they were sitting with her legs draped over his. Melissa still stumbled a bit when she began telling him about her surgery, so it was not an easy reveal for her. I think it was in keeping with her nature to be very open and honest.

I have not seen anyone of the other women say a bad thing about her, so she seems to be well liked by the other women in the house.

FORT Fan

My husband (never having watched TB) said jokingly, "He'll pick the one with the biggest boobs." Well there is no doubt that she once had the biggest, although many of them are awfully well-endowed (Nikki, for one).

i am honestly very baffled by the fact that mention of Breast Reduction Surgery is being bandied about at all. whether it was appropriate or not, whether she should or should not have mentioned it or not, etc.

seriously?! i don't get it. when did any form of divisiveness on this extremely non-controversial subject come about in society?

this is coming from someone who, all through junior high and high school, was a at least a cup or two bigger than most of my peers, with a fairly regular body so it was much more noticable. and now: at 34, i'm 5'2, normal/average build and my true cup size is 32-34 F or E. (i can sometimes wear a 38 DD - which i usually choose, as most bras with that come in E or F are uncomfortable and unattractive)

i've considered reduction but chose not to every time. when asked why i didn't go that route, it's simple: my back pain isn't unbearable, i have zero desire to CHOOSE to undergo surgery and aside from not being able to wear certain garments (light colored tops - induces creepy, unabashed staring from men and strappy tops, etc.) this was the body i was given and for the most part, it's pretty good. everyone has complaints about some area of their body, i'm no different. and unless it becomes a serious burden (back pain, etc.) why mess with what i was given?

this surgery is usually covered by insurance, so it's not $$ influencing my decision either. i just choose to work with what i have, which isn't all that bad. others feel differently. others have larger breasts on smaller frames. others have painful results of large breasts and if they get them reduced - i don't applaud them nor think badly of them. it just seems like a logical solution. not anything up for discussion based on "right" or "wrong"

i honestly had no idea that there was anyone out there who seems to think that this is a subject up for discussion or is inappropriate in some way. i fail to see where the 'debate' lies.
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

I, for one don't think the discussion is wrong in itself, but I feel there's a more appropriate time to discuss it rather than after the first or second date or so with a man you had just met on some reality show. This is just my opinion.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltopmom;3284463;
    Good point and ITA, Krispy. Nearly all the gals wear clothing with necklines that reveal their assets. Melissa is a sylish dresser, but pretty modest. She doesn't flaunt what she has; now we know why.
    I like Melissa, she seems like a very sweet girl, but I would be hard pressed to call her "modest". Her dresses are so short you can almost see her underwear. No judgment - I myself was a graduate of the Melrose Place School of Business Dressing in my twenties - but I wouldn't say Melissa is modest in her dress..

Quote Originally Posted by bradys1lady;3284196;
    ITA, it was not an inappropriate time. I wish they had showed more of him and her though!!!
    I just finished watching the episode and Jason asks Melissa to tell him something about herself that he wouldn't know. Jason opened the door for her to tell him.
    It was the perfect time to tell him about that and it speaks volumes that she felt comfortable enough with him to reveal it.

+ Reply to Thread