+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Melissa - Bachelor 13

Re: Melissa **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by lovin;3284250;
    As a lurker I have to say that I couldn't agree with you more. You could tell with the two of them sitting there, her legs over his, him rubbing her legs that they are extremely comfortable together. I was shocked myself by Melissa have a breast reduction, so didn't see that one coming. Not that it matters to me at all mind you I just can't imagine her being that large WHOA nelly. I really LIKE Melissa and so glad that I know early on so I can watch their story develop (but they NEED to give us more of them darn it) unlike last year and getting slapped in the face.
    ITA... I don't think the most shocking part was that she had the reduction but how big they were ... Holy cow! She is only 5'4" and she was only 17 so she was probably shorter still. That had to be sooo hard on her back and neck (which is why the people I know had it done) not to mention that has to affect your posture which once its runined is hard to correct

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3284295;
    ITA... I don't think the most shocking part was that she had the reduction but how big they were ... Holy cow! She is only 5'4" and she was only 17 so she was probably shorter still. That had to be sooo hard on her back and neck (which is why the people I know had it done) not to mention that has to affect your posture which once its runined is hard to correct
    she probably would have been 5'4 back then too. A friend of mine whose daughter has spine problems, told me that (as told to her by a doctor) girls stop growing 2 years after they start their period. Something to do with hormones and the growing process
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3284295;
    Most importantly her self esteem. At 17 she was no where near equipped to deal with the type of jokes and innuendos that were no doubt constantly surrounding her. I'm sure it has matured her in ways most of us can't comprehend at 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;3284305;
    Most importantly her self esteem. At 17 she was no where near equipped to deal with the type of jokes and innuendos that were no doubt constantly surrounding her. I'm sure it has matured her in ways most of us can't comprehend at 17.

If she was that big at 17, she must have developed at an early age. I was a late bloomer, but some of my friends developed very early & they were teased much more than I. I guess it's possible she was a late bloomer like me because I'm not a small girl up top, but I'm not an FF either.

I have no problem with Melissa talking about her breast reduction, after all, it was the subject of the day I sure wouldn't have mentioned it on national television, but to each their own. I think she could have done without the joke about them hanging down to her waist though, after all, others that can't afford the surgery may be offended by that remark.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3284333;
    I have no problem with Melissa talking about her breast reduction, after all, it was the subject of the day I sure wouldn't have mentioned it on national television, but to each their own. I think she could have done without the joke about them hanging down to her waist though, after all, others that can't afford the surgery may be offended by that remark.
    I can't afford it, but I definitely am not offended. I've been DD since I was 15. 12 years later...they're only slightly bigger now, and the back pain is a "you know what". I think if Melissa feels comfortable enough to express that to Jason, especially since they were supporting a closely related cause at the moment, then she picked a great time to mention it. It would have been awkward to mention over dinner anyway.

My goodness. Nearly six pages of posts regarding Melissa's breast reduction. I respect everyone's thoughts on the subject whether I agree with them or not.

A friend I love dearly is a double breast cancer / ovarian cancer survivor and I am involved in fundraising for both causes. I was thrilled that we saw breast cancer awareness tackled on the show. I had no issue at all with Melissa revealing her personal experience to Jason. It's interesting that eyebrows weren't raised from Shannon's joke that on her first "date" with Jason she took off her clothes and he touched her b**bs.

Melissa showed a great deal of courage and maturity sharing this information with Jason, knowing it could end up on tv. I love that we are beginning to see more to her than just her obvious physical beauty.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3284368;
    I can't afford it, but I definitely am not offended. I've been DD since I was 15. 12 years later...they're only slightly bigger now, and the back pain is a "you know what". I think if Melissa feels comfortable enough to express that to Jason, especially since they were supporting a closely related cause at the moment, then she picked a great time to mention it. It would have been awkward to mention over dinner anyway.
    He chokes on his drink as she casually mentions over their Fantasy Date dinner, "Oh by the way, because my boobs were a double F when I was 17, I had breast reduction."
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3284104;
    Im not certain that was the time or place last night to mention her breast reduction to Jason. I just still see her as this giddy girl who is nowhere near ready for Jason and his son. Maybe in her heart she is, but I just don't see it at all on my tv screen.
    Considering the cause they were supporting, she may have thought it was an appropriate discussion to have. I do notice that they seem to show them having intimate discussions thus far. And with the previews from next weeks show, it looks like another one is on the way. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by justson;3284391;
    Considering the cause they were supporting, she may have thought it was an appropriate discussion to have. I do notice that they seem to show them having intimate discussions thus far. And with the previews from next weeks show, it looks like another one is on the way. IMO
    Judging by the previews I saw last night I think next week will be very telling. The way he grabs her & holds her when she's crying look very......natural.

+ Reply to Thread