+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3272217;
    Hey all! Get your tv bricks ready! I saw Jason on Ellen today (Friday) and he said that yes DeAnna came back to say she HAD made a mistake...
    He agreed with Ellen that it was a tough spot to put him in and that the women were none too happy to see her!
    He asked Ellen why she thought he should be the next bachelor if he was not picked. Ellen said she thought he was really sweet and a great dad.
    The poop is this:
    He is engaged; would not say if the woman was a mom or not. Ellen also asked him who he made out with! He blushed!
    The weirdest part of the interview came when Ellen said "Yes, DeAnna is a great person-really great." She was looking at the ground at the time and did not sound very convincing.
    As for the last lady standing, I freeze-framed my tv and she definitely has very very dark hair. And the standard issue french-manicure, of course. The ring is simply a knock-out-the nicest one thus far.
    Come on guys, this is the same Jason that said he hasn't spoken to DeAnna (in the teleconference) and hoped to talk to her soon. That tells me that the DeAnna meeting is totally fake.

Hi Im a newbie. Lurked a lot in Deannas season but this is my first time posting.I adore Jason and hope he finds happiness. he deserves it. After watching the extended version of his proposal to Deanna it is just heart breaking. My favorites right now are Stephanie and Jillian. Im not crazy about the cheerleader. Her voice irritates the heck out of me . Theres something off about Raquel can't quite put my finger on it. Of course after watching future episodes I will probraby change my mind

FORT Newbie

Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers* -MELISSA!!!

It is Melissa! Look back at the end of the 1/5 show where they are showing Jason proposing. If you play back in slow motion you can clearly see that the bachelorette has a shiny gold band on her right pinky finger. Then go back and watch for the girls' hands during show (esp. during the rose ceremony). Melissa is the only one with the same ring!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3273363;
    Maybe TPTB or her manager/publicist convinced her that if she set herself up to be rejected by Jason on national tv then it would make people feel sorry for her again and improve her public image. Bleh.

Did Jason specifically state that Deanna's admitted mistake had to do with her choosing Jesse over him? He could just be playing word games to help with the ratings, which the show's people have no doubt coached him on. Because I think it's more likely the mistake she's talking about is thinking she was in love, or accepting a marriage proposal while still filming the show, that sort of thing.

Bottom line: I think she went back for sympathy and publicity, not to really get Jason back (even if that is what she asks him for, she had to have known he'd turn her down).
    I think its very sad that DeAnna goes back to tell Jason she made a mistake. I think its obvious that she is "acting" even in the previews. Its stunts like that (her returning to tell Jason she made a mistake) that chip away at the little integrity that this franchise has left to begin with. Furthermore, its turning DeAnna into a caricature of her character... not a real person anymore. If you go back and watch her interactions during her stint on the Bachelor 11 you could see that she was a real, unrehearsed participant. Fast forward through her season and what you will see on her "return" and it all seems like a rehearsed, bad-acting job.

It really is just sad.

BabyfaceC
    Last edited by babyfaceC; 01-11-2009 at 02:33 PM.

I think this kind of goes along with her desire to break into show biz, babyface. These days, a lot of people think a pretty face, semi-literacy and a lucky break or two are enough, actual talent be damned. Sad, I agree.

IMO, everyone who goes on a reality show is looking for fame/$/career advancement.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3273802;
    IMO, everyone who goes on a reality show is looking for fame/$/career advancement.
    i agree! all you gotta do is watch the live feeds of big brother and it's obvious ... from the first week they move in the house, most of them are talking about the finale party and the connections and interviews they'll have afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3273819;
    i agree! all you gotta do is watch the live feeds of big brother and it's obvious ... from the first week they move in the house, most of them are talking about the finale party and the connections and interviews they'll have afterwards.
    I would kinda like to see some live feeds of 2 shows (depending on which season). Well, I would just want to see the "live feed highlights" of those.

Let's hope I never resort to that, because I hear you have to have a paid subscription for live feeds.

FORT Fogey

Sooo late to the Bachelor party!

Okay, so I absolutely, positively, swore off this season of The Bachelor. I refused to watch the first episode on Monday night and successfully restrained myself from setting the Tivo. Alas, ABC sucked me back in by re-running the premiere and I immediately became attached to several of the bachettes, so, here I am back posting in a forum about it. Dammit. Anyway, my first impressions, no rose included.

What!!??!! No Treasure on my TV screen ever again? How is that possible? Where is that infamous producer intervention that I have come to so fondly love? FAIL!

Jenni Redux. Did somebody at TB clone original recipe Jenni or did she just chuck the fiancé and cut her hair?

Stephanie. Blushing with excitement? Rosacea? Or bad Liz Arden makeover? I really want to like her but what I first considered a very mellow, comforting disposition may turn into a train to Snoozeville.

Crazy dental hygienist. Haven’t we already seen that embarrassing trick? As I recall, that chick got herself a fiancé, just not the one she humiliated herself over on national TV. So, good luck with that crazy dental hygienist!

“I’m not used to everybody hating me” chick. Maybe that’s because you live on a farm and the animals just run away. Also, kissin’ cousin to “I’m not here to make friends” chick. So, yeah, we definitely needed her.

Jason. He started off as one of my favorites last season but the gilt quickly rubbed off and I ended up disliking him. (Hence, the futile swear-off.) Now, I’ve decided to give him a second chance and so have erased the slate. New first impression: twee. Yeah, not boding well.

And yet, only one Orangina? I may find love for Jason after all.

Oh, hell noes! Not DeAHna! Bring back crushed Jeremy or Brad 2.0. Garth? Garrett? What WAS that guy’s name? I’d even take messy Jesse. Anyone but DeAHna. Is she being accompanied by a Guinness official to document most reoccurring appearances by a fameho on a crappy reality TV show? Not sure what the world record is but I’m pretty sure she’s approaching it.

Ballot boxes, wiener love theories and salsa shtick stealin’ vixens. I’m in!

LOL and welcome back (I think? are you sure you wanna do this?), bhlstock!

+ Reply to Thread