+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Re: 1/5 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

I am so sad that psycho vision board chick is gone. She had crazy eyes and would have made for great drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3265965;
    Sweet, Megan gets a rose.
    When we were discussing the girl getting voted out of the house, I posted that I thought the one they voted for would not only get a rose, but she would also get the first 1/1. I don't know about the last part yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3266074;
    We have a separate forum dedicated to spoilers.
    The Bachelor - Spoilers & Speculation - Fans Of Reality TV
    It's located right above this forum you are currently posting in.
    Thanks-I will go look for it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvetted;3265970;
    In all of these seasons, the FIR never becomes F1
    Jenni from Brad's season came the closest to F1 of all FIR ladies since they began giving them. She was F2 along with the other F2, DeAnna. As we know, there was no F1 that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;3266080;
    Mindy, I'm with you. I read through this thread and may have missed any mention of Deanna too.

Fliessy, please don't play with me. I suffered through with that woman when she was on Brad's Bachelor and kept wondering what he found attractive about her. I suffered through The B'ette only because I got to see the guys by the pool. But a third season? I'm thinking probably not.

EXACTLY! I asked the sleuthers in the other thread about her potential involvement and some say it is just editing... but geez, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to come back for more tv exposure. I am very worried... pretty sure I can't handle her cocky, its-all-about-me! attitude again...ERRRR! Brad is laughing at all of us right now.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3265711;
    That's great. Why let the guy decide who he wants to keep when they can get rid of one of them by asking her competition to vote her off? Genius!
    A little bit of Survivor (voting off), a little bit of politics (may be the presidential elections were around the corner and Fleisster was inspired having run out of ideas to I.V. into the show).

Catching clips of Jason this evening in passing, he seems to have lost some of that pep in his step this season. Way too mellow and something is surely off with him this time around.

Who was the genius who decided to fly Deeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaana all the way to NZ just to mess with Jason and
    and the women pursuing him.? Fleisster of course.

Didn't Deanna already have two chances too many on TV to find her Mr. Right? She's landed a cohost spot on cable TV and Jesse got the boot before or after that.

By the standards of this show, I don't think there were as many whack jobs on as usual. I mean what is a poem, a vision board and a potential stalker who appreciates teeth compared to people singing opera and ripping up beer cans with their teeth, and oh, let us not forget about the stashing of underwear in TBs pocket.

I would have picked Nikki as the F1 until she got the FIR. Too bad...she is the only one that made any kind of impression on me. The others were kind of meh.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

FORT Fogey

I'm glad someone else picked up on that "My husband died tragically in a plane crash"

It really struck me because I've worked with victims and survivors and I've never heard anyone say anything quite like that. It really sounds canned and stilted.

But the more I think about it--and she said EXACTLY the same thing to several people--the sentence is most likely what she's worked out for herself to say when people ask her about her husband--

--and the "tragically" part draws a line and stops people from asking more questions.

So--the sentence gives info but keeps her from having to give a lot more info.

Many people who are survivors--IE--who have lost a loved one in some sort of event that became "news" even for a little while--became public--work out a statement of sorts to use so they can say it automatically and not have to revisit the pain each time as they think of how to reply.

People use all sorts of strategies to get through something like this. I personally think it shows she has herself together emotionally after having gone through something as emotionally devastating as this.
    Last edited by steppemaster; 01-06-2009 at 01:30 AM.

I promised myself that I would not watch this show anymore. But curiosity got the better of me when they said it was Jason. He was not my favorite on the Bachelorette, that was Jeremy. But I did find him very attractive, grounded, likeable and decent. I felt bad for him when he got down on one knee to propose. So here I am watching for I don't know how long. That remains to be seen.

I am glad that Megan got to stay. It would have been terribly unfair if the other girls got to vote her off. However, I guess this will make for what passes for more drama on this show. I am sure that she will find it hard to live with the other women, knowing that she was the so-called winner of this particular bizarre exercise.

I like Nikki and I guess she is now cursed with the FIR. I also think Raquel is beautiful, but it remains to be seen how much she and Jason have in common. I do remember the woman with the strange eyebrows and face. Stephanie? - the one whose husband died in a plane crash. Call me skeptical, but I am a little suspicious of someone who would reveal that on the very first night.

I really don't have their names down and only a few made an impression on me. The Deanna preview made me positively nauseous. I am beyond over her. I don't know that I will be able to sit through that episode. I really don't even care why she is back. I hope she realizes that she gave up a good guy. Who cares!

FORT Newbie

Is Deanna serious???? I hope that was just some really good dramatic editing. If she seriously comes back and asks him to take her back I will throw multiple things at my TV. Jason was my favorite for her season, but after she dumped him I got over it all. Did she seriously dump Jesse to get back with Jason????

+ Reply to Thread