+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 556
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

  1. #71
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3250723;
    That was my first thought as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again....Jason is a single good-looking straight male with a good job and he's not (as far as we know) any kind of a deviant or weirdo or psycho. It boggles the mind that he cannot seem to find a wonderful woman all on his own. He seems to have a big support system of family and friends and co-workers who would widen his social network and increase his chances of finding someone. Not to mention all the emails and contact from women who saw him on TB'ette and who would love to meet him. He can't find a woman out of all of that? Yeah, right. He's going on this show because he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame and he's playing the sincere Dad role to perfection. That quote is what he should be saying and makes women's hearts melt all over the country. But if he really felt that way he wouldn't leave his son for extended periods of time to pursue his own desire for attention and fame.

    I guess I'm playing the cynical role this season. Didn't care for Jason the first time around and he's not done one thing to make me change my mind. I'm aware I'm in the minority here, so no need to tell me again!
    If The Bachelor isn't handsome, successful and has a lot to offer, there would be NO WOMEN who would apply for the show. Every Bachelor they have ever had on the show were able to get a woman on his own I'm sure. There would be no show if the guy was ugly and homeless and couldn't hold down a job. I wouldn't watch it, that's for sure. The show would not be called The Bachelor, but The Biggest Loser.

    As far as Ty, I have absolutely no problem with Jason doing the show for 6 weeks and he has stated that he does not go a week without seeing him. Almost every successlful man and woman in the world have to neglect their kids and most of them, it's for a lifetime. We're talking about 6 WEEKS to do a show and then he'll be back home full time as he always has been. I mean, when a couple gets divorced, the parent who does not have physical custody of the kids sometimes goes two weeks or a month w/o seeing their kids. I just don't see the big fuss about this. JMHO Ty will not remember this experience, but he will know, for the moment, that he had a great time at Legoland. I don't remember being 3, 4 or 5 years old and neither will Ty. When he gets older, he will get a good laugh at seeing himself on TV and that's all.

  2. #72
    FORT Fanatic DCBelleonWheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    686

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3250819;
    If The Bachelor isn't handsome, successful and has a lot to offer, there would be NO WOMEN who would apply for the show. Every Bachelor they have ever had on the show were able to get a woman on his own I'm sure. There would be no show if the guy was ugly and homeless and couldn't hold down a job. I wouldn't watch it, that's for sure. The show would not be called The Bachelor, but The Biggest Loser.

    As far as Ty, I have absolutely no problem with Jason doing the show for 6 weeks and he has stated that he does not go a week without seeing him. Almost every successlful man and woman in the world have to neglect their kids and most of them, it's for a lifetime. We're talking about 6 WEEKS to do a show and then he'll be back home full time as he always has been. I mean, when a couple gets divorced, the parent who does not have physical custody of the kids sometimes goes two weeks or a month w/o seeing their kids. I just don't see the big fuss about this. JMHO Ty will not remember this experience, but he will know, for the moment, that he had a great time at Legoland. I don't remember being 3, 4 or 5 years old and neither will Ty. When he gets older, he will get a good laugh at seeing himself on TV and that's all.
    Except for the fact that I have vivid memories of being 3, 4 & 5:


  3. #73
    FORT Fanatic gruder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    475

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3250819;
    If The Bachelor isn't handsome, successful and has a lot to offer, there would be NO WOMEN who would apply for the show. Every Bachelor they have ever had on the show were able to get a woman on his own I'm sure. There would be no show if the guy was ugly and homeless and couldn't hold down a job. I wouldn't watch it, that's for sure. The show would not be called The Bachelor, but The Biggest Loser.

    As far as Ty, I have absolutely no problem with Jason doing the show for 6 weeks and he has stated that he does not go a week without seeing him. Almost every successlful man and woman in the world have to neglect their kids and most of them, it's for a lifetime. We're talking about 6 WEEKS to do a show and then he'll be back home full time as he always has been. I mean, when a couple gets divorced, the parent who does not have physical custody of the kids sometimes goes two weeks or a month w/o seeing their kids. I just don't see the big fuss about this. JMHO Ty will not remember this experience, but he will know, for the moment, that he had a great time at Legoland. I don't remember being 3, 4 or 5 years old and neither will Ty. When he gets older, he will get a good laugh at seeing himself on TV and that's all.
    I do not believe that every man who has been cast as the Bachelor has met all the criteria you have listed. The handsome part is in the eyes of the beholder, the successful part is open for discussion(ie. Matt the global financier) and as far as having something to offer? We have yet to see a marriage from one of these guys, so what is it exactly that they do offer, that any Joe out there can't?
    As for the WOMEN, I think there are plenty of reasons for applying for the show, regardless of who is cast. Not only have the "Bachelors" caught the nasty virus of fame and fortune, but the disease has repeatly spread itself to all the adoring women who line up in every city across America.
    Jason is no more a "door prize" than any of the others. The fact that he comes with a kid is simply a marketing tool that many grocery stores across the country peddle to their consumers. It's referred to as a BOGO.

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by gruder;3250834;
    I do not believe that every man who has been cast as the Bachelor has met all the criteria you have listed. The handsome part is in the eyes of the beholder, the successful part is open for discussion(ie. Matt the global financier) and as far as having something to offer? We have yet to see a marriage from one of these guys, so what is it exactly that they do offer, that any Joe out there can't?
    As for the WOMEN, I think there are plenty of reasons for applying for the show, regardless of who is cast. Not only have the "Bachelors" caught the nasty virus of fame and fortune, but the disease has repeatly spread itself to all the adoring women who line up in every city across America.
    Jason is no more a "door prize" than any of the others. The fact that he comes with a kid is simply a marketing tool that many grocery stores across the country peddle to their consumers. It's referred to as a BOGO.
    I have a question? Why do you guys bother watching the show if you are so negative towards it? That's ok, but I watch it for entertainment and in hopes that a relationship might work out, even though I know in my heart that there is a 99.999% chance that it will all go down the toilet. With that attitude, my disappointment doesn't last very long and I'm ready for the next trainwreck!

  5. #75
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    I have a question? Why do you guys bother watching the show if you are so negative towards it?
    We are not all negative .. I think we like to call it realistic

    We watch because of habit and
    1) it is great fun to out sleuth the story!
    2) there are great people around here to chat with and laugh with and argue with and there are friends to be made
    3) it makes perfect snarking fodder - it is so easy to be sarcastic about this show
    4) it is so predictible that you can trace patterns back to day 1 - sort of like establishing routine for a child
    5) there are always interesting, funny, dumb, crazy, made-up, fake, delightful people on this show
    6) the guys are usually interestingly handsome
    7) the premise of the show is so ridiculous that when something unpredictible happens, it is a treat
    8) sometimes good does triumph over evil and we can all go "aawwwwwww"
    9) It is fun to know stuff that the average viewer doesn't, or we are snoopy
    10) I love fairy tales, especially the old ones from the Brothers Grimm and I love romance novels, the cheesier the better
    11) adiction are hard to break
    Thats why! I never have my heart set on a lasting true love nor even hope for one. It's the journey and the fun times. Just because someone is realistic, or critical, about the show, doesn't mean they dont like it .. in a pervers sort of way
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  6. #76
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3250844;
    We are not all negative .. I think we like to call it realistic

    We watch because of habit and
    1) it is great fun to out sleuth the story!
    2) there are great people around here to chat with and laugh with and argue with and there are friends to be made
    3) it makes perfect snarking fodder - it is so easy to be sarcastic about this show
    4) it is so predictible that you can trace patterns back to day 1 - sort of like establishing routine for a child
    5) there are always interesting, funny, dumb, crazy, made-up, fake, delightful people on this show
    6) the guys are usually interestingly handsome
    7) the premise of the show is so ridiculous that when something unpredictible happens, it is a treat
    8) sometimes good does triumph over evil and we can all go "aawwwwwww"
    9) It is fun to know stuff that the average viewer doesn't, or we are snoopy
    10) I love fairy tales, especially the old ones from the Brothers Grimm and I love romance novels, the cheesier the better
    11) adiction are hard to break
    Thats why! I never have my heart set on a lasting true love nor even hope for one. It's the journey and the fun times. Just because someone is realistic, or critical, about the show, doesn't mean they dont like it .. in a pervers sort of way

    I love the first episode especially--it's seems you get more producer generated/motivated craziness out of the cast.
    Who will forget Ali the egg rotting lady?
    Or the panty pocket drunkard?
    Or Kate the doing the inchworm and pulling that way too short Nicole Miller dress down?
    Or Paul stripping down to his speedo and diving in?
    Bring it on!! This night gets the best previews too!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

  7. #77
    FORT Fogey SDMOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    905

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    ...and it's so easy to hide behind the keyboard and be judgmental of people that we know nothing about personally? I understand some posters enjoy snarking, but that's not why I watch the Bachelor. Part of me is hopelessly romantic, but the other part tries very hard to stay realistic and neutral.
    Anyway, since this is a Media thread so I want to stay on topic: I remember Andy is the other guy who announced he's engaged before the show aired, anyone else? How about Trista and Byron? Any experienced sleuthers remember?
    Last edited by SDMOM; 12-13-2008 at 10:48 PM.

  8. #78
    Premium Member jelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Under the big umbrella
    Posts
    3,914

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    SDMOM - I think it was only Andy. The rest was PR

    ... and snarky doesn't have to be mean-spirited or judgemental
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

  9. #79
    East Coaster Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3250819;
    If The Bachelor isn't handsome, successful and has a lot to offer, there would be NO WOMEN who would apply for the show. Every Bachelor they have ever had on the show were able to get a woman on his own I'm sure. There would be no show if the guy was ugly and homeless and couldn't hold down a job. I wouldn't watch it, that's for sure. The show would not be called The Bachelor, but The Biggest Loser.

    Two words: Bob Guiney.

  10. #80
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,708

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Why do I watch the show? Well, in Andrew Firestone's season I was in it hook, line and sinker. I loved that guy! Loved the good girl (Jen...hey what did we know at the time?) vs. the mean girl (can't remember her name now!!) angle. Andy was a real catch in my eyes, funny, handsome, wealthy. I bought into the romance. Since then, though, every single season has paled. PLo was a joke, with his shopping channel dog food business and the desperate producers trying to pass him off as royalty. Travis was a bore. Andy (shudder) was all over everyone and was a little too full of himself for me. Whats-his-name who dumped both girls was a player and don't even get me started on Blob, as I try not to think too much about him. Honestly, as stated above I love to watch for the snark, for the bad prom dresses and big hair, for the obvious nutsos who make complete asses out of themselves on the first night (rotting eggs!) and for the over-the-top cheesiness of it all.

    Now, having said that I still find myself liking some of the people on the show, but I don't really root hard for anyone anymore. When I find them as bland and boring and frankly kind of creepy like I did Jason on Deanna's show, well then I'm really in the weeds when it comes to him hosting his own season. Maybe a miracle will happen and he'll change my mind...but I doubt it.

    I do enjoy the boards though when this show is on. It's very exciting around here!

    I just find my suspicious nature is raised by Jason. It's like in that article he's saying all the "right" things, the things a Sleepless-in-Seattle single Dad would say, but somehow to me it just doesn't ring true. When I said he was handsome and successful and straight, I wasn't wondering why he was The Bachelor I was wondering why he even needed to be on The Bachelor to find a girlfriend. The only reason that makes sense to me is that either he is a. too needy and drives a woman mad after awhile because he's always needing to please and is always needing to be validated or b. he's doing it for the exposure/attention/fame. I just can't seem to believe the "I just want to be in love" line he's giving us.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.