+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 556
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

  1. #61
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3250013;
    My whole "BLEH" reaction to Jason's initial selection is playing out all over the place. The "complete his family" theme is a REALLY unappealing plot choice by the producers to me, personally. (Though I'm aware that many, many couples and families in our country debate these sorts of step family issues, therefore potentially giving the plot choice sufficient Nielsen appeal)

    I find it tedious and repetitive to speculate through a GOOGLE's worth of cycles (only a tiny fraction of which have played out on this board alone, so far) about whether this was or wasn't good for Ty, whether a girl will or won't be ready or suitable for family life right off the bat, blah blah blah.

    I hope eventually that someone opens a couple of threads like "IS JASON A GOOD DAD" and "IS [so and so] READY OR GOOD ENOUGH TO BE TY'S MOM" and then I can avoid them like the plague (speaking metaphorically).

    Thanks Luvnit for posting that People article scan. I hadn't picked it up, and I always think it's so nice when posters make that effort for the masses, so all can see. Thanks!!! The PR decision is obviously to get him out there WAY ahead of the programming in the hope of deflecting some of the blowback, so the pre-season talking points are:
    --it was not a selfish lark; it ended with a PROPOSAL OF MARRIAGE!
    --there were no prolonged absences longer than a week
    --he checked with experts (medical and psych)
    --the ex wife is fine with it, and is the MOTHER (so the show can be about Jason's true love, not Ty's)
    --he is over Dee and she is not his fiance (I"m telling you guys, she is there to promote her Lifetime role.

    All by way of saying, the network has some concern about blowback on his choice to do this (stupid) show.
    I am with you all the way, you too VelvetRed.

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey hopelessroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3250128;
    Re the Mike Fleiss project with Shayne on E!. Though rest assured my tongue is indeed planted in my cheek, and I say this with great respect and affection, I MUST SAY! I would like to scream a great big huge loud I TOLD YOU SO from the internet rafters. She was specially cast opposite Matt Grant (also a budding TV Per-son-ALITY) to launch her as a TV star and build name ID and audience interest. Period, end of speculation. The truth always outs, regarding monkeys anyway.

    Unprecedentedly (um, is that a word), "She" and Matt were filmed on a closed set with top producers only witnessing take upon take of Notting-Hill chemistry. No other cast, no crew allowed. Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.

    Major kudos and congrats oh industry wise one. Your excellent posts again proved true! That Shayne/Matt fake show was a farce from the beginning.

    Jaded faded mandarin. . . . seems like this whole franchise is. . . excellent post btw re: insider's view of the people article on Jason
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

  3. #63
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    This thread is for posting and discussing media articles relating to Bachelor 13 only. Thank you.

  4. #64
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,968

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3250027;

    The caption in this People article of Jason's quote "I want to be around my son all the time" rings like 100% complete hypocrisy.
    That was my first thought as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again....Jason is a single good-looking straight male with a good job and he's not (as far as we know) any kind of a deviant or weirdo or psycho. It boggles the mind that he cannot seem to find a wonderful woman all on his own. He seems to have a big support system of family and friends and co-workers who would widen his social network and increase his chances of finding someone. Not to mention all the emails and contact from women who saw him on TB'ette and who would love to meet him. He can't find a woman out of all of that? Yeah, right. He's going on this show because he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame and he's playing the sincere Dad role to perfection. That quote is what he should be saying and makes women's hearts melt all over the country. But if he really felt that way he wouldn't leave his son for extended periods of time to pursue his own desire for attention and fame.

    I guess I'm playing the cynical role this season. Didn't care for Jason the first time around and he's not done one thing to make me change my mind. I'm aware I'm in the minority here, so no need to tell me again!

  5. #65
    Dreamer VelvetRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    In Wonderland
    Posts
    3,138

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3250723;
    I guess I'm playing the cynical role this season. Didn't care for Jason the first time around and he's not done one thing to make me change my mind. I'm aware I'm in the minority here, so no need to tell me again!
    Well, count me in the minority, as well.

    I thought that Jason was too wimpy and puppy dog-ish on DeAnna's show (aside from the Ty factor which has already been addressed).

    That one Jason quote from the People article seemed to say the complete opposite of what he probably thought would be the given impression.

    Oh well! If there's nothing else on TV at the time, if I even have the TV on, if I'm even home, and if I can stomach it, I may watch it.

    It's a lot easier when I don't care for the Bachelorette, because I can watch the 25 men, LOL.

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    I think you hit the nail on the head.
    I don't love or dislike Jason. (neutral) As far as I am concerned he can have his 15 minutes just like the last Bachelor 12 for whatever reasons, he has just as much right to it.
    I hope he finds his gal.
    But if he doesn't, I hope we don't end up seeing him on QVC selling his own golf line or on Lifetime giving advice on annuities or life insurance next fall. Let the 15 mins of fame be extinguished!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

  7. #67
    FORT Fogey sclilred1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,942

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Interesting that in that article we have Jason telling us that he and his ex (Ty's mom) share Ty 50/50 and that he spoke to her and asked her opinion about doing the show or not and that they have a good relationship. As I recall it from Deanna's season Jason had nothing good at all to say about his ex. Something to the effect of she left because she didn't want to be a mother or a wife, wanted to take a different route in life, that he was raising his son by himself and he made it sound as if his ex had cheated on him. So when did the two of them come into this amazing relationship where Ty is the number 1 priority for BOTH of them? OR is it more likely that Jason realizes that now he must have the support of Ty's mother because if he doesn't then he looks like an attention junkie that cares more about being on tv than being a good dad? I suppose it could have been the editing last season that made him sound bitter about his ex, of course I would think that would be a good excuse to give the ex after she saw him bashing her on national tv.

  8. #68
    FORT Fogey hopelessroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3250737;
    Interesting that in that article we have Jason telling us that he and his ex (Ty's mom) share Ty 50/50 and that he spoke to her and asked her opinion about doing the show or not and that they have a good relationship. As I recall it from Deanna's season Jason had nothing good at all to say about his ex. Something to the effect of she left because she didn't want to be a mother or a wife, wanted to take a different route in life, that he was raising his son by himself and he made it sound as if his ex had cheated on him. So when did the two of them come into this amazing relationship where Ty is the number 1 priority for BOTH of them? OR is it more likely that Jason realizes that now he must have the support of Ty's mother because if he doesn't then he looks like an attention junkie that cares more about being on tv than being a good dad? I suppose it could have been the editing last season that made him sound bitter about his ex, of course I would think that would be a good excuse to give the ex after she saw him bashing her on national tv.
    Great points! It is a need for pure media spin. It was so much easier to make him look like super hero single Dad as they did (and I complained about) last season in all the media.

    I am sure someone complained. If I remember his ex was painted as a Mom who abandoned her son and Jason was presented as a "single Dad." I am glad to see ABC now having to clean that up . . . and making sure that articles such as People point out what the custody agreement REALLY says.
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

  9. #69
    FORT Fogey nennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,903

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3250723;
    That was my first thought as well. I've said it before and I'll say it again....Jason is a single good-looking straight male with a good job and he's not (as far as we know) any kind of a deviant or weirdo or psycho. It boggles the mind that he cannot seem to find a wonderful woman all on his own. He seems to have a big support system of family and friends and co-workers who would widen his social network and increase his chances of finding someone. Not to mention all the emails and contact from women who saw him on TB'ette and who would love to meet him. He can't find a woman out of all of that? Yeah, right. He's going on this show because he's enjoying his 15 minutes of fame and he's playing the sincere Dad role to perfection. That quote is what he should be saying and makes women's hearts melt all over the country. But if he really felt that way he wouldn't leave his son for extended periods of time to pursue his own desire for attention and fame.
    I guess I'm playing the cynical role this season. Didn't care for Jason the first time around and he's not done one thing to make me change my mind. I'm aware I'm in the minority here, so no need to tell me again!
    I will say again that Jason wasn't my choice for the bachelor but what skin is it off our backs as to what he chooses to do with his life. He doesn't need my approval to go on the Bachelor and I can choose to watch his season or not.

    As for the bolded there are many parents that leave their children for weeks and work jobs elsewhere or leave their children and go on vacations without them. I personally don't see what the big deal is. By the way he has to live with the decisions he makes not me.

  10. #70
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

    I've been left with the impression that Jason is using his son like a guy might use a puppy, or taking a kid to the mall....to attract women. Doing this show, he yo-yo-ed in and out from Ty; didn't he say that he was only gone for 1 week periods? Kids from divorce already have security issues; this is just wrong and selfish.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.