+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Here is the people's magazine article about Jason .
    To all you people that are so anti Jason leaving his son to do this show even his ex wife is supportive of his decision to do this show.

Last edited by LuvnIt; 12-11-2008 at 10:58 PM.

Wow thanks for the article, I'm so impressed with Jason for talking with professionals to make sure that Ty would not be affected by all of this, what a great guy and father. He impresses me more and more. I can't wait for January 5th.

My whole "BLEH" reaction to Jason's initial selection is playing out all over the place. The "complete his family" theme is a REALLY unappealing plot choice by the producers to me, personally. (Though I'm aware that many, many couples and families in our country debate these sorts of step family issues, therefore potentially giving the plot choice sufficient Nielsen appeal)

I find it tedious and repetitive to speculate through a GOOGLE's worth of cycles (only a tiny fraction of which have played out on this board alone, so far) about whether this was or wasn't good for Ty, whether a girl will or won't be ready or suitable for family life right off the bat, blah blah blah.

I hope eventually that someone opens a couple of threads like "IS JASON A GOOD DAD" and "IS [so and so] READY OR GOOD ENOUGH TO BE TY'S MOM" and then I can avoid them like the plague (speaking metaphorically).

Thanks Luvnit for posting that People article scan. I hadn't picked it up, and I always think it's so nice when posters make that effort for the masses, so all can see. Thanks!!! The PR decision is obviously to get him out there WAY ahead of the programming in the hope of deflecting some of the blowback, so the pre-season talking points are:
    --it was not a selfish lark; it ended with a PROPOSAL OF MARRIAGE!
    --there were no prolonged absences longer than a week
    --he checked with experts (medical and psych)
    --the ex wife is fine with it, and is the MOTHER (so the show can be about Jason's true love, not Ty's)
    --he is over Dee and she is not his fiance (I"m telling you guys, she is there to promote her Lifetime role.

All by way of saying, the network has some concern about blowback on his choice to do this (stupid) show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really don't care about his ex-wife or what "the professionals" say. It's his son that will pay a price; neither the ex-wife nor "the professionals" will deal with the circumstances the way this boy will, with his own "little kid" coping skills; there comes a time when "I'm sorry" just isn't enough, and is too late.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3250013;
    My whole "BLEH" reaction to Jason's initial selection is playing out all over the place. The "complete his family" theme is a REALLY unappealing plot choice by the producers to me, personally. (Though I'm aware that many, many couples and families in our country debate these sorts of step family issues, therefore potentially giving the plot choice sufficient Nielsen appeal)

I find it tedious and repetitive to speculate through a GOOGLE's worth of cycles (only a tiny fraction of which have played out on this board alone, so far) about whether this was or wasn't good for Ty, whether a girl will or won't be ready or suitable for family life right off the bat, blah blah blah.

I hope eventually that someone opens a couple of threads like "IS JASON A GOOD DAD" and "IS [so and so] READY OR GOOD ENOUGH TO BE TY'S MOM" and then I can avoid them like the plague (speaking metaphorically).

Thanks Luvnit for posting that People article scan. I hadn't picked it up, and I always think it's so nice when posters make that effort for the masses, so all can see. Thanks!!! The PR decision is obviously to get him out there WAY ahead of the programming in the hope of deflecting some of the blowback, so the pre-season talking points are:
    --it was not a selfish lark; it ended with a PROPOSAL OF MARRIAGE!
    --there were no prolonged absences longer than a week
    --he checked with experts (medical and psych)
    --the ex wife is fine with it, and is the MOTHER (so the show can be about Jason's true love, not Ty's)
    --he is over Dee and she is not his fiance (I"m telling you guys, she is there to promote her Lifetime role.

All by way of saying, the network has some concern about blowback on his choice to do this (stupid) show.
    As usual, another excellent post from you!

The caption in this People article of Jason's quote "I want to be around my son all the time" rings like 100% complete hypocrisy. So, he and ex-wife/mother of Ty have a 50-50 arrangement...but he spends a considerable amount of his 50% time self-indulging and chasing women on national television. He can't be taken seriously about expecting to find a compatible, long-term mate within 6 weeks (or whatever it is). Even if it's understood that they'll continute getting to know each other off/after-show, and try to make a real relationship work, it's ridiculous to think that the odds are on their side. But it wouldn't be the first time that someone so seemingly undeserving manages to stumble upon good luck.

It's a no-brainer that Jason's top priorities are women, fame and $$$. Either that, or he is extremely immature and naive. Maybe all of the above!

For anyone who wants to read about Mike Fleiss making gazillions of dollars:

Fleiss blooms at WB TV - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Some of my favorite parts:

Deal makes Fleiss one of the highest-paid producers in the reality genre and extends his long-running relationship with Warner Bros. to at least a decade.

"We've had so much success together, it seemed like the right thing to do," Fleiss said. "They expect me to keep selling shows, and that's what we've been doing for eight years. Despite the hard times in our business, you know the kind of shows we produce will continue to be produced."
    At Oxygen, Fleiss is prepping a project that stars boxer "Sugar" Shane Mosley and his wife Jin; and at E! Entertainment, he's got a skein in the works starring "The Bachelor" season 12 winner Shayne Lamas (who's also the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas).

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3250027;
    As usual, another excellent post from you!

The caption in this People article of Jason's quote "I want to be around my son all the time" rings like 100% complete hypocrisy. So, he and ex-wife/mother of Ty have a 50-50 arrangement...but he spends a considerable amount of his 50% time self-indulging and chasing women on national television. He can't be taken seriously about expecting to find a compatible, long-term mate within 6 weeks (or whatever it is). Even if it's understood that they'll continute getting to know each other off/after-show, and try to make a real relationship work, it's ridiculous to think that the odds are on their side. But it wouldn't be the first time that someone so seemingly undeserving manages to stumble upon good luck.

It's a no-brainer that Jason's top priorities are women, fame and $$$. Either that, or he is extremely immature and naive. Maybe all of the above!
    I see it a bit differently

Well, i don't totally rule out that he's being naive, I do think that he's so desperate to not be alone that he's willing to do almost anything, including not spending enough time with Ty. ALTHOUGH, we have to admit that even with Jason dating a woman in the real world, he would have to take time away from Ty anyway...the difference isn't that huge since the process is only 6 weeks.

This being said, i can't really be that harsh with him because for the first time in Bachelor history, we know we have someone who ACTUALLY wants to settle down. So what have we got to compare him to? Unattached men who go in for the experience "hoping" to find their other half (1 in a million chance)?

If Ty had no one else in the world, I'm not sure that Jason would put himself through this process, but they've got a big family and a huge support system. All things taken into consideration, I just don't see why he should be judged for taking a chance on this process.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3250052;
    For anyone who wants to read about Mike Fleiss making gazillions of dollars:

Fleiss blooms at WB TV - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Some of my favorite parts:
    Re the Mike Fleiss project with Shayne on E!. Though rest assured my tongue is indeed planted in my cheek, and I say this with great respect and affection, I MUST SAY! I would like to scream a great big huge loud I TOLD YOU SO from the internet rafters. She was specially cast opposite Matt Grant (also a budding TV Per-son-ALITY) to launch her as a TV star and build name ID and audience interest. Period, end of speculation. The truth always outs, regarding monkeys anyway.

Unprecedentedly (um, is that a word), "She" and Matt were filmed on a closed set with top producers only witnessing take upon take of Notting-Hill chemistry. No other cast, no crew allowed. Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.
    Last edited by jlccaz; 12-12-2008 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3250027;
    I have to respectfully say that we don't know that at all. It's easy to judge from the outside, not being a part of his life or his choices, or understanding his son whatsoever, or the family support or life he's built for his son. He could be the greatest father or the worst father, WE don't really know either way.

I don't think being a good dad and honestly wanting to find love means he should never consider the show as an option. I don't find them mutually exclusive. Perhaps it's not high on odds, but it's possible, and if Jason already did meet someone he loved (DeAnna), then he has a different perception - that the feelings can be real. Not to mention, he was one of 25 guys -- lots of those guys we've all said on this board were really GOOD men. Why shouldn't Jason think he'd have the same possibilities of meeting good women?

I just don't see the odds in real life or the time frame being all that different. The experience is, absolutely, but the odds of something work with the guy/gal you met at the local club or grocery store aren't that different from meeting someone on a show. I do think the concept of getting engaged after 6 weeks is a bit fast in any venue, show or real life. But I'm not going to judge someone else's choices as what's right for them.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3250128;
    Re the Mike Fleiss project with Shayne on E!. Though rest assured my tongue is indeed planted in my cheek, and I say this with great respect and affection, I MUST SAY! I would like to scream a great big huge loud I TOLD YOU SO from the internet rafters. She was specially cast opposite Matt Grant (also a budding TV Per-son-ALITY) to launch her as a TV star and build name ID and audience interest. Period, end of speculation. The truth always outs, regarding monkeys anyway.

Unprecedentedly (um, is that a word), "She" and Matt were filmed on a closed set with top producers only witnessing take upon take of Notting-Hill chemistry. No other cast, no crew allowed. Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up.
    Don't you just LOVE IT! Speculation pre-airing of the show about the ties of Lamas père to Fleiss, while discussed, were poo-pooed. I am so glad this insider trading scam has worked its way down to the lowest common denominator. Now we know for sure and can put that bit to rest.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread