+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3734895;
    I don't recall reading that Shayne has returned hers.

I may be mistaken. But she ought to; it is part of the rules of the show. Just my opinion.

Estella sold the ring given her by Blob to help her mother buy a house. Sarah from Travis Stork's season also sold hers. It's my recollection that the "Shayne clause"--ring belongs to ABC for two years after last show of season airs--was added to the contract because of Shayne's refusal to cough it up. Melissa handed hers over at the ATFR. As far as the ring Jason recently presented Molly, I'd say it's highly unlikely ABC paid for it. If we start hearing about the jeweler who provided it, then it's more likely it was a "freebie" or highly discounted in return for PR for the store.
    Last edited by BritLit; 10-24-2009 at 05:35 AM.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3734974;
    I may be mistaken. But she ought to; it is part of the rules of the show. Just my opinion.
    I remember hearing that she was going to sell it and Matt found out about it. He thought that if it was going to be sold the proceeds needed to go to charity. I thought they were planning on auctioning it off but I never heard if a charilty was ever named. Does anyone else recall that?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3735091;
    I remember hearing that she was going to sell it and Matt found out about it. He thought that if it was going to be sold the proceeds needed to go to charity. I thought they were planning on auctioning it off but I never heard if a charilty was ever named. Does anyone else recall that?
    I remember reading this too; but don't know what the outcome was.

Quote Originally Posted by Frak;3733847;
    Aw, I love this pic. I am so so happy for them! And I love the ring...no matter who bought it
    Team Channy and Shawny.

FORT Newbie

The jeweler is already discussing it on the internet and in a soon to be published local magazine (Nov-Dec issue).

Molly's ring is smaller but nearly identical to the engagement ring that Tye bought for Melissa. The band/shoulder on Melissa's ring is wider, has more diamonds and is in proportion to the center stone and surrounding diamond crown.

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemays0;3735719;
    The jeweler is already discussing it on the internet and in a soon to be published local magazine (Nov-Dec issue).

Molly's ring is smaller but nearly identical to the engagement ring that Tye bought for Melissa. The band/shoulder on Melissa's ring is wider, has more diamonds and is in proportion to the center stone and surrounding diamond crown.

Although I am not a jeweler, I'd say similar in concept, but entirely different rings. Melissa's center diamond is a round and Molly's a cushion cut. Melissa's ring has a higher profile and more metal and Molly's ring looks as if part of a set ... not meant to be a stand alone.

When I first saw Melissa's ring, although very beautiful, I considered it heavy (for my taste, anyway) and even came to mind that the ring, in a way, in competition with the Neil Lane ring, although, practically speaking, Melissa's ring is smarter (for me, especially) in that it appears bulletproof. (I am so rough on jewelry!)

Neil Lane ring ...

Tye's ring ...

Last edited by ryansmommy; 10-25-2009 at 04:12 PM.

FORT Fan

thanks for posting. molly's ring is definitely more my taste. melissa's ring is beautiful as well but a little too gaudy IMO.
    Last edited by hepcat; 10-25-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Molly's ring is gorgeous. It's more stately looking, in my opinion.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey

So long as the rings represent true feelings, love and trust, it makes no difference. Each woman, I am sure, is thrilled beyond words with the symbol of love she has been given.

Recall what Meredith Phillips said.....she didn't care if Ian gave her a cigar band so long as he loved her.....or something like that.

Just my opinion. My mom only had a plain gold band, and if you would have asked her, she would have told you it was worth the entire world to her.

+ Reply to Thread