+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Along for the ride PotstickersRgud's Avatar

Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy;3734554;
    It is such a beautiful ring, PotsickersRgud ... Jason done real good!
    I'll tell him again. I also found out what dark water rafting is. They go through caves. Other than getting engaged, it was Molly's favorite part of the trip.

I LOVE the picture of your dog! So cute!

Quote Originally Posted by sunchaserr;3734555;
    trista and ryan were able to live off their 'bachelorette' experiences for a looooong time. if they could do it why can't jason etc?
    They sure have.

I think it's fine. But, I just get tired of the 'I just want to live my life' thing the Bachelor/Bachelorettes always say. Like they want to admit that they want to milk the show for anything or not want attention for some cause or another.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3734596;
    They sure have.

I think it's fine. But, I just get tired of the 'I just want to live my life' thing the Bachelor/Bachelorettes always say. Like they want to admit that they want to milk the show for anything or not want attention for some cause or another.
    Then please give an example of what they SHOULD say to the public?!? How do you know that they want to milk the show for anything. WIth sooo many things out of their control when it comes to the after-life - it is next to impossible to escape some putlic scrutiny - no matter what........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

I don't have any problem with any of these folks making money off of TB experience. Why not? Get it any way you can! (legally and that won't hurt others, I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3734629;
    I don't have any problem with any of these folks making money off of TB experience. Why not? Get it any way you can! (legally and that won't hurt others, I mean)
    I agree TWO - it's not like any of them are un-employed - reaping the benefits is ok - to a degree IMHO
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3734615;
    Then please give an example of what they SHOULD say to the public?!? How do you know that they want to milk the show for anything. WIth sooo many things out of their control when it comes to the after-life - it is next to impossible to escape some putlic scrutiny - no matter what........
    As I stated, they want to not have the scrutiny and have the benefits from being on the show.

Lets see, we have Andy Baldwin who used his 'fame' from the show to promote causes he believes in, we had Helene and Gwen write a book about their dating experiences, Jason started Jason's Place for single parents, etc...there's so many to post!

I believe the Bachelor or the person chosen on The Bachelorette to buy their own ring. But, other than that I am really ok with those that were part of the show using it to gain anything they want from it. Of course those going on the show who use it to advance anything is using the show aka milking it. Just as the show did to them for ratings.

Congratulations, Jason and Molly! It is a beautiful ring. Sounds like you both had a gorgeous time in New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3734630;
    I agree TWO - it's not like any of them are un-employed - reaping the benefits is ok - to a degree IMHO
    I agree too.
    Anyway, the only thing that matters is they look so happy together; I truly don't care who's paid for the ring and if Jason has a job or not.
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3734665;
    .....I believe the Bachelor or the person chosen on The Bachelorette to buy their own ring. But, other than that I am really ok with those that were part of the show using it to gain anything they want from it. Of course those going on the show who use it to advance anything is using the show aka milking it. Just as the show did to them for ratings.

The ring is just part of the compensation for being on the show. These people have walked away from their jobs and in some cases had to resign in order to be on the show. They are entitled to at least "union scale" although it is rumored they make a lot more.

The fact that the value of the rings is a bit "over the top" sometimes stems from the publicity sought by the jewelers. The mark-up on jewelry is astronomical. A $60K ring on the retail market is worth probably less than a third of that. Been in the business, done that.

Most of the rings have been returned. Only Trista and Mary have theirs. There is some evidence Shayne may have returned hers, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Columbia, MD;3734777;
    The ring is just part of the compensation for being on the show. These people have walked away from their jobs and in some cases had to resign in order to be on the show. They are entitled to at least "union scale" although it is rumored they make a lot more.

The fact that the value of the rings is a bit "over the top" sometimes stems from the publicity sought by the jewelers. The mark-up on jewelry is astronomical. A $60K ring on the retail market is worth probably less than a third of that. Been in the business, done that.

Most of the rings have been returned. Only Trista and Mary have theirs. There is some evidence Shayne may have returned hers, too.
    I don't recall reading that Shayne has returned hers.

+ Reply to Thread