+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

FORT Fan

Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY;3380980;
    yeah, me too...If anyone can show confirmation of that second communication between Jason & Molly it would be appreciated.

Don't know exactly how to bring this over, but if you go to the Access Hollywood site, then click on Dish of Salt Blogs (Laura Saltman), then Archives (Feb '09), she has several write-ups on when she first knew something was funky this season.

There was also a video on this site at one point where she talked about knowing for a fact there was phone contact from Molly to Jason other than the one call; I watched it a few weeks ago, but don't see it now.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie;3381010;
    Don't know exactly how to bring this over, but if you go to the Access Hollywood site, then click on Dish of Salt Blogs (Laura Saltman), then Archives (Feb '09), she has several write-ups on when she first knew something was funky this season.

There was also a video on this site at one point where she talked about knowing for a fact there was phone contact from Molly to Jason other than the one call; I watched it a few weeks ago, but don't see it now.
    Thank you so much for posting this!

I guess I'm looking more for a confirmation vs. a reporter(Laura)/blogger(RS)making a claim that they know something.

All parties from the Bach have stated that there was only one point of communication.

Boca Raton News - News, Real Estate, Classifieds, Events from Boca Raton, FL - Boca Raton teacher dates on reality show The Bachelor

Boca Raton seventh grade teacher tries her hand at reality dating on the TV show The Bachelor

The Bachelor reality dating show made history this season with the first single father trying to find love among 25 single women- one being Boca Raton middle school teacher Lauren Wanger.

Wanger, however, soon found out that reality dating may not always lead to love. The local teacher was not among the last two women vying for Bachelor Jason Mesnick’s heart, in what may have been the most dramatic final rose ceremony yet. Mesnick proposed to one woman, Melissa, at the ceremony. Six weeks later, he had a change of heart and asked the one he rejected, Molly, to give him a second chance.

Despite the dramatic season and not being chosen by the Bachelor, Wanger says appearing on the show was an experience unlike any other.

“It was a great experience, and I don’t regret it at all,” said Wanger, a seventh grade teacher at Don Estridge High Tech Middle School

Wanger auditioned for the reality dating show for a new adventure and the possibility of falling in love.

“I’ve always been a fan of the show, ever since the first season. When I became single and heard that they were casting, I thought why not try it out and see who I could meet. I knew it would be a win-win situation,” said Wanger.

While on the show, the Boca teacher said the cameras and living with 24 other women vying for one man was a challenging task.

The Cameras

“It took a couple of days to adjust to the unfamiliar setting with the cameras; but after awhile, I started opening up and forgot about the cameras,” said Wanger, adding, “All the ladies in the house got along pretty well. However, it was hard competing for attention. I don’t usually do that; I find a man that’s available. If I meet someone that is interested in someone else, I find someone else that is only interested in me. Jason had 25 women that he was kind of interested in and that was the hardest part of the show.”

But the show wasn’t only about competing for Jason’s heart, Wanger says she bonded with some of the other girls and also enjoyed going on dates with Jason. Some of the dates included shopping and appearing on the set of General Hospital.

However, Wanger didn’t receive a rose on the fourth rose ceremony. She attributes it to not having enough one-on-one time with Jason.

“I had no individual time with him, I had two group dates. I really didn’t get to know him and he didn’t get to really know me,” she said, adding, “I was surprised about not getting a rose, but at the same time was relieved. I was getting home sick.”

When she returned to Boca Raton and Don Estridge, her students and colleagues, who didn’t know the results of the show, were rooting for Wanger to become the next Mrs. Mesnick.

“I think the whole school was watching. Teachers would ask me what happened, and I would say, ‘I might be engaged; I might not.’ I kept them on the edge of their seat,” said Wanger.

Now Know

However, the school community and viewers now know that Wanger was not chosen, and Wanger says she is not bitter about the outcome of the show.

“I wouldn’t want to stay if there wasn’t anything between us, and there wasn’t,” she said.

Wanger, however, adds that she was disappointed in the shocking finale.

“I had a feeling that Jason would do this, as rumors were flying during the Women Tell All reunion show. I have to say I was really disappointed in Jason for doing that and agreeing to break up with Melissa on national television. As for a future with Molly and Jason, I am unsure. With a small success rate of lasting love on this show, the odds are against them. Also, I don’t think they really started on the right foot with all the controversy surrounding them after the final episode,” said Wanger, adding, “I have less faith in the entire process now. I feel very badly for Melissa, and I don’t believe Jason is as ‘nice’ as he appears to be. But I am still glad I went on the show because I got to meet 24 great ladies that I know I will remain in touch with.”

As for finding love, Wanger says she has met someone since the show and is very happy with her love live.

“I tried dating on a reality show,” said Wanger. “However, it turns out that I found love the traditional way.”

http://www.mercurynews.com/tv/ci_118...nclick_check=1

Barney: Former 'Bachelor' contestant defends Mesnick's change of heart

Ever since "The Bachelor" ended with a jaw-dropping shocker, hordes of outraged fans have gone off on the show's leading man, Jason Mesnick. But he's getting at least a modicum of support from a former East Bay contestant.

"I give him the benefit of the doubt," says Sheena Stewart, a Walnut Creek native who made it to the final four in ABC's romantic rose bowl two years ago.

That might come as a surprise, considering Stewart experienced her own brand of made-for-TV anguish at the hands of Season 11 harem-keeper Brad Womack. After he cut her loose, the Northgate High grad was last seen being whisked away via limo and tearfully admitting, "My heart feels like it got ripped in half."

So why isn't Stewart ticked off at Mesnick, who first proposed to Melissa Rycroft and then rudely ditched her in favor of Molly Malaney? Because she knows reality TV makes people do strange things.

"You really do get caught up in the show and in the moment," she says. "There's pressure. You're secluded from the outside world. The producers are pushing you to make a decision. You're tugged in different directions. And viewers see only part of what's going on. ...

"I think Jason made both, a genuine mistake, and a genuine decision. And I give him props for ultimately doing what he believed was right for him."

On the other hand, the show's controversial finale made Stewart look back at her own experience and thank
    Advertisement
    her lucky stars over the way it turned out.

"I'm so glad that I didn't fall really, really hard for someone, only to get rejected at the end," she says. "I'm glad I didn't have to get humiliated and crushed and face all that public scrutiny."

Actually, Sheena got over Brad very soon after "returning to reality." She has since relocated to Tucson, Ariz., where she is the public relations manager for the local chapter of the Humane Society. She is also happily living with a man she has dated for two years.

"And we didn't even need a TV show to hook us up," she proudly claims. "It makes it that much more real."

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3381028;
    Thanks for that article - I cannot remember Sheena at all. Anyone know how to access photos from previous Bach episodes?

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3381045;
    Thanks for that article - I cannot remember Sheena at all. Anyone know how to access photos from previous Bach episodes?

Sheena was Brad's f4. She had the Cinderella date. Chad also liked her alot. Her mom was weird on the HTD.

Here's Sheena.
    Last edited by proudnewf; 02-03-2010 at 09:43 PM.

FORT Fanatic

I find all this hysterical. He betrayed Melissa, he is two timing etc. etc. If out of all this he really did find love with Molly, then good for him. I am actually surprised more bachelors or bacherlorette's have not gone back to the runner up. It is a fact that it mostly never works out with the one they chose, so he went with his heart in the end. Good for him, considering how rediculous people are acting. Melissa will be just fine. Heck now she is on another reality tv show. She will be just fine. I wish Jason and Molly all the best. I hope for once it does work out. He should have picked Molly in the first place. But the producers had nothing to do with that.......bull!

FORT Fogey

“I had a feeling that Jason would do this, as rumors were flying during the Women Tell All reunion show. I have to say I was really disappointed in Jason for doing that and agreeing to break up with Melissa on national television. As for a future with Molly and Jason, I am unsure. With a small success rate of lasting love on this show, the odds are against them. Also, I don’t think they really started on the right foot with all the controversy surrounding them after the final episode,” said Wanger, adding, “I have less faith in the entire process now. I feel very badly for Melissa, and I don’t believe Jason is as ‘nice’ as he appears to be. But I am still glad I went on the show because I got to meet 24 great ladies that I know I will remain in touch with.”

It's always interesting for us to get insight from former contestants that we believe is given w/o a handler looking over their shoulder.
    Lauren, of course, was edited poorly as shallow, self-absorbed, and selfish.
    Jason's edit wasn't long in losing the warm, sincerely, upright, gentlemanly father looking for the right combination for himself and his son to complete his family.

Goodness knows, the edit is unfair frequently enough, and we all know that.

However, sometimes we can view the edit in retrospect and see that the editors and producers who were there behind the scenes and saw everything are trying to tell us some things by what they deliberately leave in the edit.

It will be interesting in the days and weeks to come to read the comments made by other contestants from this season.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

I liked Erika and Megan much more off the show than on it. I thought Erika came across very well spoken and reasonable on ATR2. Didn't care much for Lauren on show but I'm sure she's a nice person off of it. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders. Only one I really didn't care for was Natalie and I even felt a little sorry for her when CH just kept pushing on WTA when the point had long since been made.

+ Reply to Thread