+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 56 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

FORT Regular

Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3371250;
    Maybe Molly grew a brain. She's not moving to Seattle after all.

No doubt she and Jason will do their round of public appearances (Ellen is tomorrow), but I'm expecting a break-up a few weeks later. Maybe she realized he's not the kind of guy she should be with (I like how the reporter asked her if she "trusted" Jason.)
    I agree with this. I really want it to work for them after everything they went through, but when I watched on Ellen I already see their body language and such changing. Within a matter of days she went from moving to Seattle to eventually moving to Seattle. That is very telling to me....I think things were probably great until they had to go public and with all the nastiness going around about them (which I think is unfair) and all the things being said and all the pressure of having to answer horrible questions it is taking a toll on them....so it will be hard for it to last!

FORT Fanatic

I have a feeling after this season most of the people that are saying Jillian is going to be so "fun and exciting". I hope she proves me wrong, but she really bores the bejeebers out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3374310;
    I have a feeling after this season most of the people that are saying Jillian is going to be so "fun and exciting". I hope she proves me wrong, but she really bores the bejeebers out of me.
    Not only that but most of the people that appear on this show go from being put up on a pedestal to being hated. If one could put these shows on a graph they would all have the same curve. If this makes sense!

I think that Jillian is aware of that phenomenon. She appealed, in a fashion, on the ATFR2 and later in print to her current fans to keep the faith, no matter what goes down. It is sad but true. Before the season even those jaded by the previous season sense hope with the new faces - and they are faces, not people. As the season goes on, faces grow personalities and favorites are born. By the end of the season, even the personalities (through edit) have been downgraded in some eyes and upgraded in other eyes. Because the Lead bears the burden of moving the show along, it is easier for viewers to slice and dice his/her personality until it shows either black or white. Marble statues on pedestals are white, but when they are toppled, their dust mingles with the dirt and turns dark.

How does one avoid placing the Lead on a pedestal? By not building one in the first place.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Melissa Rycroft Accepts Bachelor's Apology

In case it wasn't obvious on Dancing With the Stars, Melissa Rycroft has moved on.

The jilted Bachelor fiancée says she accepts Jason Mesnick's apology and wants to focus on the future.

"I accept the apology. Forgive, forget," the insta-celebrity told Extra. "I'm moving on. And I'm away from that situation, in a new relationship and a new life, really."

That life includes replacing Nancy O'Dell on Dancing, where she scored a 23 in her very first performance after just hours of rehearsals.

Mesnick told the former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader that he wanted to pursue a relationship with Bachelor runner-up Molly Malaney on After the Final Rose, which aired last Monday. He spent last week expressing his regret over the public display of rejection.

Rycroft said last week that she is focused on a new relationship with a man named Ty she has known for two years and dated off-and-on. He shares a first name not only with Mesnick's son but also Dancing contestant Ty Murray.

Is Melissa more suited to Dancing than dating shows?

Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

ABC's `The Bachelor' brings the women

Nothing like a broken engagement to goose the TV ratings: ABC milked three prime-time hours out of Jason Resnick's rejection of Melissa Rycroft on "The Bachelor," and all of them made Nielsen Media Research's top 20.

The "After the Final Rose" special, when Resnick had some explaining to do, was the most-watched recap ever in the 13 editions of "The Bachelor." Sensing the result would make for water-cooler conversation, ABC decided a few weeks ago to prepare a second "After the Final Rose" special a day later, a decision that paid off handsomely in the ratings.

Among women aged 18 to 34, that first "After the Final Rose" special was more popular than any show except the Tuesday edition of "American Idol," Nielsen said.

For anyone who didn't follow it -- or any men -- Resnick dumped Rycroft after realizing he still had feelings for Molly Malaney, the woman who came in second during the matchmaking series.

ABC had twice as many female viewers as men last week: 68 percent to 32 percent, female to male, Nielsen said.

Link

The Bachelor 13 TV Ratings

The Bachelor finale was #6 last week (behind three AI shows & Taylor Swift guest starring on CSI). After The Final Rose 1 was #5. That's the best performance by an ATFR ever! ATFR2 was #20. Desperate Housewives was the only other ABC show in the top 20. So three out of four top 20 shows on ABC last week were The Bachelor! The Bachelor was the biggest reality show on TV last week. (AI is really a competition show, because it doesn't follow the contestants around with cameras like reality shows do, such as Survivor and Big Brother.)

Melissa Rycroft is on Dancing With The Stars this season (that's her third reality/competition TV show! (Her first was Making The Team, which was about being on the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader Squad.) Is she making a career of this?). She scored an excellent 23 last night, despite only being selected as a late replacement for the injured Access Hollywood host Nancy O'Dell. (Melissa had only two days to practice!) That Bachelor related show had it's best premiere ever, getting 22.5 million viewers.

I'm curious, for how long do bachelor couples have to do media blurbs for ABC? Is it three months?
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3378821;
    I'm curious, for how long do bachelor couples have to do media blurbs for ABC? Is it three months?
    I don't know but I just hope the commitment expired yesterday. Jason and Molly just keep changing their stories and it's beyond annoying and old.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

According to the contract at the smoking gun website, participants are under contract for one year after the air date of the finale. So Jasson, Melissa and Molly get their freedom from Fleiss March 2, 2010. Non-finale bachelorettes may already be released. sdl claims to have a newer contract that includes many more clauses, such as televising the wedding, if any. But that one hasn't been given to us ... yet.

+ Reply to Thread