+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Reading the full transcript for Megans teleconference was a hoot! Make sure to take a few min and read it!

Aww Megan and Melissa. <333

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3250013;
    My whole "BLEH" reaction to Jason's initial selection is playing out all over the place. The "complete his family" theme is a REALLY unappealing plot choice by the producers to me, personally. (Though I'm aware that many, many couples and families in our country debate these sorts of step family issues, therefore potentially giving the plot choice sufficient Nielsen appeal)

I find it tedious and repetitive to speculate through a GOOGLE's worth of cycles (only a tiny fraction of which have played out on this board alone, so far) about whether this was or wasn't good for Ty, whether a girl will or won't be ready or suitable for family life right off the bat, blah blah blah.

I hope eventually that someone opens a couple of threads like "IS JASON A GOOD DAD" and "IS [so and so] READY OR GOOD ENOUGH TO BE TY'S MOM" and then I can avoid them like the plague (speaking metaphorically).

Thanks Luvnit for posting that People article scan. I hadn't picked it up, and I always think it's so nice when posters make that effort for the masses, so all can see. Thanks!!! The PR decision is obviously to get him out there WAY ahead of the programming in the hope of deflecting some of the blowback, so the pre-season talking points are:
    --it was not a selfish lark; it ended with a PROPOSAL OF MARRIAGE!
    --there were no prolonged absences longer than a week
    --he checked with experts (medical and psych)
    --the ex wife is fine with it, and is the MOTHER (so the show can be about Jason's true love, not Ty's)
    --he is over Dee and she is not his fiance (I"m telling you guys, she is there to promote her Lifetime role.

All by way of saying, the network has some concern about blowback on his choice to do this (stupid) show.
    Pulling forward this old post of mine in light of recent speculation about Ty playing some decisive or controversial role in the Finale episode.

I smelled network spin machine all over these interviews, intending to blunt criticism of single dad and his kid being featured on a competitive dating show (see above).

These media talking points were professionally crafted within a couple weeks of wrapping up of filming.

Seems to correlate with the notion that America may not vote Jason Dad of the Year after the Finale episode airs.

As a Mom, seeing Ty on that last episode made me squirm. It confirmed the wisdom of the producers for the last 12 iterations of this franchise to avoid using children ... or dogs. They not only steal focus but also can be harmed in filming unless the Humane Society watches your production like a hawk.

Looks like Monday's show will be interrupted...

President Barack Obama To Hold Prime-Time News Conference On Monday - wcbstv.com

Do you think they'll play The Bachelor in its entirety afterwards?
    Ain't Love Grand!

It will for me, thank goodness. It comes on later here than the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3306702;

President Barack Obama To Hold Prime-Time News Conference On Monday - wcbstv.com

Better show all of it, in Utah!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3306702;

I'm hoping that my new DVR is smart enough to figure out that it is not The Bachelor and waits until TB is on the tube. Wonder if the news conference will be broadcast on the HD channels, as well, or if I can watch TB there. I really don't care what President Obama has to say about executive compensation, no matter what time of day it is broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3308259;
    I'm hoping that my new DVR is smart enough to figure out that it is not The Bachelor and waits until TB is on the tube. Wonder if the news conference will be broadcast on the HD channels, as well, or if I can watch TB there. I really don't care what President Obama has to say about executive compensation, no matter what time of day it is broadcast.
    Can you take your DVR of automatic record for the one episode? If so, once it does start, you can press the record button for manual operation.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yahoo TV article on Stephanie Hogan
    Stephanie Hogan Dishes on Her 'Bachelor' Experience - Yahoo! TV Blog
    Despite the title of the article, she doesn't "dish", in a negative way, about the show. She tells more in depth how she got on the show and how she's ready to date again (in the real world).

TV Ratings for The Bachelor 13 episode 6

The Home Town Dates

10.88 million viewers and 4.0/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to episode 5
    10.99 million viewers and 4.1/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to episode 4
    10.58 million viewers and 4.0/9 in adults 18-49.
    (based on averaging fast affiliate half-hour rating.)

Comparison to episode 3
    9.9 million viewers and 3.5/9 in adults 18-49.
    (based on averaging overnight half-hour ratings)

Comparison to episode 2
    9.06 million viewers and 3.2/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to Premiere Episode
    8.74 million viewers and 3.1/8 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 12 ep. 6
    7.66 million viewers and 2.7/7 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 11 ep. 6
    10.59 million viewers and 3.9/10 in adults 18-49.

Comparison to The Bachelor 10 ep. 6
    10.73 million viewers and 3.8/10 in adults 18-49.

An unusual night due to the press conference, all shows were down from the previous week. However The Bachelor was barely down. It peaked in the second half-hour at 11.93 million viewers, slightly down from last week's peak viewership of 12.19. The demo peaked at 4.3, down from 4.6.

The Bachelor 13 is up three million viewers from Matt's Bachelor 12.

The Bachelor was #2, behind the CBS comedies, beating 24 by a hair & trouncing Heroes by nearly four million viewers. It beat both in the demo too.

The Bachelor is now a top 20 show. That hasn't happened since Jesse's Bachelor 5 in 2004. (Last week it even beat Lost!)
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

+ Reply to Thread