+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 13-Jason MEDIA / PRESS

Quote Originally Posted by sharon51;3251878;
    Hi there,

I am new to this and just wanted to know where Jason's teleconference will be on or at?

Sharon
    Wednesday at 1:30. But only approved members of the media are allowed into the conference call.
    Articles and interviews with quotes from the teleconference should start popping up on various sites later that afternoon, though. And the full transcript should be available on ABC Medianet the next day or a couple days after.

WHO: Jason Mesnick, 32, hopes the "third time is the charm," as the "Bachelor's" first-ever single dad begins his own bid for true love, searching for the one woman who will complete his family as wife and stepmother to his adorable son, Tyler.

Jason still believes in destiny and that he can find love through "The Bachelor," as he discovered when he fell for DeAnna Pappas on "The Bachelorette." His heart-warming story as a handsome single father from Seattle with a three-year-old son, Ty - the apple of his eye - resonated with many women. Jason would like to start another family, himself the middle son in a family of three boys. His older brother, Sean, is married with children. Jason currently lives with his younger brother, Larry, and with Ty.

WHAT: An opportunity to interview Jason Mesnick - the first-ever single dad "Bachelor" -- in support of "The Bachelor," premiering with a two-hour special, MONDAY, JANUARY 5 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

WHEN: WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 17, 1:30 p.m., ET/ 12:30 p.m., CT/10:30 a.m., PT

CALL INFO: IT IS NECESSARY TO RSVP TO RECEIVE THE CONFERENCE TELEPHONE NUMBER AND CONFERENCE CODE!

Title: ABC Conference Call: "The Bachelor"
    Please plan to dial in 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled start time.

PLEASE R.S.V.P. TO
    ABC Media Relations: Lisa Scalzo, Lisa.R.Scalzo@abc.com , 212.456.7109

FORT Fogey

Someone on BLF e-mailed ABC and got a reply that the girls WILL be announced this week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3251930;
    Someone on BLF e-mailed ABC and got a reply that the girls WILL be announced this week.
    Whoo-hoo!! We were just coasting before.... once we get names,we will begin truly building up speed, and once we get some screencaps, we will be in full sprint!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3251941;
    Whoo-hoo!! We were just coasting before.... once we get names,we will begin truly building up speed, and once we get some screencaps, we will be in full sprint!
    Yep. The day after Deanna's guys were announced, we started getting commercials with Deanna kissing Graham and Jeremy and things like that.

Oh Good Grief. Of all the sappy, disgusting programming choices for the week of The Bach premiere (from ABC medianet daily press bundle):

December 15, 2008

“SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE,” STARRING TOM HANKS AND MEG RYAN,
    AIRS AS THE “ABC SATURDAY MOVIE OF THE WEEK,” JANUARY 3

What if someone you never met, someone you never saw,
    someone you never knew was the only someone for you?

“Sleepless in Seattle,” the 1993 romantic comedy starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, airs as the “ABC Saturday Movie of the Week,” JANUARY 3 (8:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. The film, nominated for two Academy Awards and three Golden Globe Awards, will air in HDTV format with 5.1-channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP.

After losing his wife to cancer, a devastated Sam Baldwin (Hanks) moves with young son Jonah to Seattle to start over. On Christmas Eve, Jonah calls into a national radio program and persuades his father to talk about his loneliness and lost wife. While thousands of women across the country who heard the show flood Sam’s mailbox with letters, one letter in particular from Annie Reed (Ryan), a journalist from Baltimore, touches Jonah enough that he concocts a plan to have Annie and his father meet in New York City. When Sam refuses to go to New York, Jonah has to figure out a way to get his father to the top of the Empire State Building -- as in the Cary Grant / Deborah Kerr classic, “An Affair to Remember,” which is referenced throughout the film – to give this improbable romance a chance.

“Sleepless in Seattle” stars Tom Hanks as Sam Baldwin, Meg Ryan as Annie Reed, Bill Pullman as Walter, Rosie O’Donnell as Becky, Victor Garber (ABC’s “Eli Stone”) as Greg, Rita Wilson as Suzy, Ross Malinger as Jonah Baldwin, Gaby Hoffman as Jessica, Barbara Garrick as Victoria, Carey Lowell as Maggie Baldwin, David Hyde Pierce as Dennis Reed, Dana Ivey as Claire and Rob Reiner as Jay.

“Sleepless in Seattle” is written by Nora Ephron and based on a story from Jeff Arch. It was directed by Nora Ephron, and produced by Gary Foster and TriStar Pictures. (CLOSED-CAPTIONED) (Broadcast in stereo where available)

“SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE” IN HDTV:
    The ABC Television Network’s HDTV broadcast of “Sleepless in Seattle” will air in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound and Spanish audio via SAP.
    A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

ABC Media Relations: Hope Hartman (818) 460-6360
    ABC Photography: Media Web site: www.abcmedianet.com or (818) 460-6611

-- ABC --

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Which means they want to tag this Bachelor as The Bachelor: Sleepless in Seattle. It isn't as if that tag didn't followed Jason all through Deanna's show. Bleh!

P.S. I love the movie - but I'll watch it when I need to watch it and not have it forced on me by ABC.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3251967;
    Which means they want to tag this Bachelor as The Bachelor: Sleepless in Seattle. It isn't as if that tag didn't followed Jason all through Deanna's show. Bleh!

P.S. I love the movie - but I'll watch it when I need to watch it and not have it forced on me by ABC.
    That movie is far too saccharin to "hate", but it is a remake that did not need to be made. Incredibly shallow and contrived. A good romantic comedy needs some spice or salt to go with the gallons of corn syrup. The movie is among the worst of the genre that uses soundtrack to create emotion, rather than dialogue and plot and character.

Sleepless in Seattle does suit the Bachelor TV series to a Tee in the following sense, however. When Sam and Annie finally have their big Moment on the Empire State Building, the movie stops "on a dime," as the NYT once wrote.

Nothing could be more profoundly true of Bachelor TV Show-mances, eh? Before the FRC flowers can wilt under the bright kiieg lights, the fantasy ends.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3251976;
    That movie is far too saccharin to "hate", but it is a remake that did not need to be made. Incredibly shallow and contrived. A good romantic comedy needs some spice or salt to go with the gallons of corn syrup. The movie is among the worst of the genre that uses soundtrack to create emotion, rather than dialogue and plot and character.

Sleepless in Seattle does suit the Bachelor TV series to a Tee in the following sense, however. When Sam and Annie finally have their big Moment on the Empire State Building, the movie stops "on a dime," as the NYT once wrote.

Nothing could be more profoundly true of Bachelor TV Show-mances, eh? Before the FRC flowers can wilt under the bright kiieg lights, the fantasy ends.
    Ahhh, but as they turn toward the camera before the elevator door closes, they gaze with wonder into each other's eyes and the music swells...the End. Maybe they should UP the music soundtrack on The Bachelor. Say good-bye to romantic guitars and hello to swelling strings.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3251982;
    Ahhh, but as they turn toward the camera before the elevator door closes, they gaze with wonder into each other's eyes and the music swells...the End. Maybe they should UP the music soundtrack on The Bachelor. Say good-bye to romantic guitars and hello to swelling strings.
    And this after only 4 retakes.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

ABC's Bachelor page has gotten a makeover. New background, all of Matt's stuff has been taken off and the 3 previews we've seen have been added.
    It didn't all change at once. I've kept an eye on it the past couple hours as they changed things little by little. I don't think they're done. Matt's pictures are still there if you click on 'Photos' and Jason's bio isn't up yet.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the girls are added today or tomorrow. Definitely by Wednesday though!

LINK
    Last edited by ky-la; 12-15-2008 at 03:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread