+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jen Schefft is Engaged

Re: Jen Schefft is Engaged

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3207085;
    It was her behavior at the ATFR. She seemed to revel at hurting all 3 guys. It was very clear that at that point, Andrew was still in love with her. She hurt Jerry and also JP was extremely hurt. She had this look of pure glee on her face at one point. She was absolutely LOVING all of it and so I kept thinking that she must have been hurt by a man at some point or something. Also, my Dad, who was completely silent but watched intently the whole season asked at the end of the ATFR show, "I wonder what has happened to her in her life that makes her hate men so much". He's the one that pointed out the gleeful expression so I ran it back and sure enough, it was there. My Dad has a masters in psychology so he's pretty good at reading people behavior and body language.
    Appparently we watched a different show...I did see a girl who was crass in her dismissal but didn't see a person that was a man hater. My take on the ending was a girl who had gotten a taste of the high life and she didn't find anyone out of the group of men that could give her at that time what she wanted. She like all of us deserves happiness and I wish her the best. I would venture to say that all 3 of these men have looked back and knew that she was not their future wife.

FORT Fan

I never understood the animosity towards Jen. I really liked her. Thought her engagement with Andrew was real. Now there was someone who could afford to give her lots of stuff but she didn't stay because he was interested in more of a jet set life, she didn't want that. I agree he was in love with her too and hurt when she left. But she saw that they had different needs. And I don't think there was a fit for her on the Bachelorette. I got the impression that she and Jerry had talked about it not working out for them before the ATFR and then he backed down on live TV and she was left hanging. I don't think JOhn Paul was ever a fit but she had to keep someone till the end. I hope she is happy.

While I have no idea what the true reasons were for Jen's breakup with Andrew, I cant help but feel that he really dodged a bullet there. She was edited as being pretty critical and mean during her show (Thailand, Thailand, Thailand comes to mind.) When it became clear that she went into her stint on the Bachelorette while already dating her boss, her actions on the show made a lot more sense. I simply dont have respect for her. I dont particularly wish her well or ill with this engagement. She just leaves me feeling indifferent at this point.

Congratulations Jen, your husband to be is very nice looking. Best of Life to both of you!

i'll believe it when i see it in terms of a marriage happening, lots of people, especially people on the bachelor are "engaged" and never make it down the isle

he's okay looking, she's had better catches ie. jerry and andrew!

Quote Originally Posted by tz192;3208138;
    I never understood the animosity towards Jen. I really liked her. Thought her engagement with Andrew was real. Now there was someone who could afford to give her lots of stuff but she didn't stay because he was interested in more of a jet set life, she didn't want that. I agree he was in love with her too and hurt when she left. But she saw that they had different needs. And I don't think there was a fit for her on the Bachelorette. I got the impression that she and Jerry had talked about it not working out for them before the ATFR and then he backed down on live TV and she was left hanging. I don't think JOhn Paul was ever a fit but she had to keep someone till the end. I hope she is happy.
    I'm with you on this - I have always been a big fan of Jen's. Her engagement & love of Andrew was very real... but unfortunatley.... sometimes love is NOT enough - I have been there myself .

While I loved Jerry, too - & frankly never really understood what happened @the end of that series - I think her fiance Joe is smokin' hot & wish them both lots of love & happiness!!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 4mrbachfanaddit;3209590;
    I'm with you on this - I have always been a big fan of Jen's. Her engagement & love of Andrew was very real... but unfortunatley.... sometimes love is NOT enough - I have been there myself .

While I loved Jerry, too - & frankly never really understood what happened @the end of that series - I think her fiance Joe is smokin' hot & wish them both lots of love & happiness!!!!
    I think she said that when they had time alone after the show was over, she realized they had little in common other than the show. She inferred that they both agreed on this and then he "pretended" to be blindsided by her declaration that they were not a couple.

[QUOTE=nennie;3206151;]What did she do or say that would make you believe she was a man hater? I didn't like how it ended for Jerry,thought he got a raw deal, but her being a man hater.

As they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.[/QUOTE]

You're right, cause I don't see anything hot about him either...but that's just me, I don't have to live with him, she does. More power to her.

FORT Newbie

as long as she is happy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12