Closed Thread
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Is it true that he was dating a divorcee with two kids when he went on "The Bachelorette" and told her he was going on a business trip?
    Wait a second, is the reporter serious? That seems like a really big thing to joke about, and there's no hint that it's just a joke. I admit I didn't pay much attention to Jason stuff during the B4 season, but I hadn't heard even a peep about this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marstokyo;3178912;
    Wait a second, is the reporter serious? That seems like a really big thing to joke about, and there's no hint that it's just a joke. I admit I didn't pay much attention to Jason stuff during the B4 season, but I hadn't heard even a peep about this.
    I don't remember this story either, but it sounds very much like the rumors about Jesse. Could be the reporter got her bachelors mixed up.

Candidly? I fail to see the relevance of the prior girlfriend thing, even for Jesse. There is no litmus test for going on this show, apart from not being in a genuinely committed relationship. People who pile on criticism for having dating relationship prior to filming are naively expecting this to be a show about finding a lifetime mate. Please.

The fact is they choose to go on the show, and aren't allowed to tell though many probably do. If it wasn't a committed relationship, then they are free to follow their dreams of TV time and adventure and sometimes experience -- by psychological design -- intense feelings of romantic attraction and sense of long term attachment develop in the closed manipulative filming environment.

P.S. It seems clearly to be a Seattle-based, personal knowledge statement about a woman with two children. Not Jesse's Ex Girl. Don't care if it's true or not, is all I'm saying.

Jason will be the next Bachelor? I'm pumped!!! Can't wait to see him on tv again...miss the guys face!! Does anyone know when they start shooting?

I have no doubt a lot of the guys there were in dating relationships when they went on the show -- some more serious than others, probably a lot of casual stuff going on. Look at someone like Sean, I bet he has a book full of numbers he can call for a guaranteed date, he just strikes me as that kind of guy.

I also think this is insider knowledge the reporter heard going around the Seattle grapevine, she mentions having a friend of a friend connection to Jason. Personally I think it makes Jason seem a lot more human, and I am not a Jason fan (though I like the guy) so I'm not trying to rationalize or excuse it. Though I do have to wonder if he made a phone call to break up with her before he kissed DeAnna.

Regarding the article previously posted by sweetpea, I chuck it up to typical male behavior. (I don't don't mean that as an offense! Guys, don't get mad at me please!) I mean seriously, who hasn't in their dating life given their phone number to a guy and he hasn't called back? It's not exactly "uncommon" behavior... It's happened to me! And it works in reverse too, I have given many bogus phone numbers to guys so they can leave me alone! (terrible to admit, I know!) Anyways, my point is that this shouldn't be held against anyone.

I agree with other posters, that it doesn't surprise me that any of the Bachelors have had breakups prior to going on the show. Dating someone doesn't mean that you are in an "exclusive" relationship and I am guessing that Jason wouldn't have gone on the Bachelorette if he thought that relationship was going anywhere. I don't know him and I am CERTAIN that he is not perfect! So who knows. I didn't really believe Jesse's story about the girlfried last season either. That sounded more like a jilted/jealous girlfriend to me.

Just my two cents. Is it January yet? It seems so FAR AWAY! LOL

FORT Newbie

I'm so glad Jason is the next Bachelor. I hope he gets some sincere women that really want to be a wife to him and Mother to Ty.

FORT Newbie

It is my understanding from all that I have read that once you sign up for the bachelorette show you can't say you are going on the show until ABC announces the list of 25 (which is after the filming has started). So, you have to tell friends something (even ones you are dating) why you won't be available for several weeks. Since Jason often travels for his job - telling people you are going on a business trip makes perfect since.

Jason will be the best bachelor ever.

Besides, what is wrong with casual dating someone anyway

FORT Fanatic

What's with the "bald" comment? Has he had a hair transplant??

Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3180934;
    What's with the "bald" comment? Has he had a hair transplant??
    I think it refers to hair shaved off, but some have suggested no, it was more looking like Twilley's. I didn't see it to judge though.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Closed Thread