Closed Thread
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3175571;
    I don't think there is anything wrong with changing your mind as DeAnna did, because ultimately it was about her finding the best partner for HER. No it really wasn't for those viewers living vicariously through her and hoping she would select Jason just because Jason is the guy they would have picked for themselves.

This point gets brought up a lot but DeAnna still wants to have kids, psst she just doesn't want to have them with Jason! I know a lot of people bring on that point as if to say DeAnna is this selfish evil woman who didn't want to become Ty's step mommy after a six week reality show, but there is a difference between having your own with the right partner (aka Jesse in DeAnna's case) and being thrust into a step mother role right away.

Anyway, this really is a catch 22 for me! I really don't find Jason appealing at all, I certainly wouldn't go on some reality show to fight for him but the subsequent snark that I will partake in because he is on will force me to watch this upcoming season. : I haven't watched a full season of the show in years (i watched a couple of episodes of matt's season and got hooked on the bachelorette but am not a regular viewer of the bachelor).

Its also true that the only reason he's getting his own show is because of the Ty factor and he is certainly doing this season because he wants his ego stroked and for the money of course. Which is fine I guess, but just because he got a perfect edit doesn't mean his intentions are any better than the rest who have done the show! If it was about finding a life partner he could certainly do so in Seattle without going on television again.
    I don't think that Ty has anything to do with him getting the show. I believe that he got the show because of the type of person that he is, and how people feel about him, not Ty. I also don't think he is looking to get his ego stroked, but he really is hoping to find someone who loves him in the way he loves them. I see nothing wrong with his intentions. Matter of fact I see his intentions as more real then many of the past bachelors who were going on there for exposure and their 15 minutes. Yes he probably could find someone for him in Seattle, but he was given this opportunity and it worked out that he did fall for DeAnna and knowing that why not see if it could happen again for him, and hopefully be forever.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by sunny_peach;3178686;
    Great post!

I have to admit that I do have concerns and reservations about Jason being the next bachelor. I think he is a great guy, and a super catch who could find love in Seattle, but was given this opportunity, and he thought why not. He managed to fall pretty hard for DeAnna on the show, so he knows that this process can work. My hope for his show is that he stays true to himself and isn't totally manipulated by TPTB. I believe he is going into this with the intentions of hopefully finding his soulmate. Trista went into the process with the intentions of hopefully finding her soulmate, and look where she is today. I hope for Jason that he too will have things work out as great as they have for Trista. I have been a Jason fan because I think he is a super person with many great qualities. He is genuine, sweet and caring. Does that mean I think he is perfect, or that I place him on a pedastle, absolutely not. DeAnna had many great guys to choose from, and I believe she did indeed walk away with the one who was best suited for her and what she really wanted in the end. I wish Jason success in finding the right woman for him.

Perfect doesn't exist - but pedestals do - but they tend to topple over in the wind when ignored - so there is no way that a pedestal could stand long enough for Jason to balance on top - cuz they only hold perfection
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3178709;
    Perfect doesn't exist - but pedestals do - but they tend to topple over in the wind when ignored - so there is no way that a pedestal could stand long enough for Jason to balance on top - cuz they only hold perfection
    Hahaha love that analysis.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3178709;

Well I think we should duct tape him to the pedastal just to make sure he doesn't fall off!

Quote Originally Posted by thethreej's;3178722;
    Well I think we should duct tape him to the pedastal just to make sure he doesn't fall off!

But then we would have to use the WD40 under the darned thing - so it would kinda slide over...............

Very gently of course
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by thethreej's;3178722;
    Maybe we should try super glue first, and then use the duct tape. Doesn't hurt to be extra secure, less chance of his falling.

Well, this is pretty snark-worthy! Not sure if I should just laugh or groan.
    Looks like the notoriety is going to his head after all!

TV Addict: I got jilted by new ‘Bachelor' Jason Mesnick - Today in History | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

TV Addict: I got jilted by new ‘Bachelor' Jason Mesnick
    By PAMELA SITT

Sure, he plays a nice guy on TV, but Jason Mesnick is not above giving a girl his number, saying he'll be in touch and then disappearing. I know this because it happened to me. That's right. I got jilted by ABC's new "Bachelor." TV Addict tells all!

Granted, I wasn't trying to date him. Seattle's a small town, so it's no surprise that I'm one or two degrees of separation from America's most eligible single father. My friend's husband golfs with Mesnick, and I used to run into him at parties six or seven years ago, back when he was dating his now ex-wife. He was also bald at the time.

About a month ago, Mesnick was at a Seattle Mariners game - where he threw out the ceremonial first pitch - and happened to be sitting next to a friend of mine. We got on the phone, traded pleasantries and he texted me his phone number. "I'll get ahold of you tomorrow," he said. He didn't.

Word around town - from people who know someone who knows someone who knows Mesnick, of course - is that he's reveling in all the attention and may be in danger of having his head turned by his newfound fame. So when I found out Mesnick had been selected as the next "Bachelor," I sent him a text: "Dude, seriously?" We exchanged a few messages in which he refused to tell me anything that I wanted to know: Will the show be filmed in Seattle? What about his son Ty? Is it true that he was dating a divorcee with two kids when he went on "The Bachelorette" and told her he was going on a business trip? America wants to know!

"Bachelor" host Chris Harrison was a bit more forthcoming when I cornered him at an ABC party in July. He told me that Mesnick was on his "short list" to be the next "Bachelor," and if it happened, Ty would have to take center stage. He hinted that the show might film in Seattle, and even offered to baby-sit: "We have two kids. Ty would fit right in!"

Unfortunately, America will have to wait until closer to January, when the 13th season of "The Bachelor" is slated to premiere on ABC, for more details. On the plus side, Mesnick will surely represent Seattle - technically he's from Seattle suburb Kirkland - better than Blayne Walsh, whose tanorexia and obnoxious catchphrases grated from day one on "Project Runway."

Grain of salt - over the left shoulder................ doesn't mean a darn thing - Jason couldn't talk to her anyways - cuz ABC now owns him.

Gee several of those comments sure sound like the interview that CH had with what's her name LOL............ Gee - is that the same gal
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Oh definitely the same gal. Small world, ain't it?!
    Like I said, I don't know whether to laugh or groan.
    Hope he's got thick skin cause I think it could easily turn on him.

Here's my problem with the whole engagement expectation with this show and how it's different with Jason as the bachelor. I wouldn't be able to accept an engagement from a divorced man without meeting the mother of his child and talking to her privately and extensively, woman to woman. I'd want to hear her side of the story, see how it matches up with my boyfriend's version. I wouldn't take everything she said as gospel, because people can lie or distort the truth, but it'd be enlightening. I'd also need to be sure we get along, because we'd be sharing custody of a child. I couldn't make the leap to engagement without knowing these things.

Maybe he'll be smart enough to save the proposal for the ATFR show (if it's appropriate at that point).

I'd also be worried about living with his brother, that's a pretty big deal IMO. I noticed they put that info in the press release, were they warning women interested in applying that the brother was part of the deal, he's not going anywhere?

Closed Thread