Closed Thread
Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Well - just maybe - we will all be in for a pleasant surprise
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Premium Member

Jason will be a great Bachelor, I really think he is there for the right reasons, maybe we will finally get a Bachelor that will pick someone that they will have a lasting relationship with. I know Byron and Mary are still together, but no marriage yet (and I really am not too sure about them).

i can't wait it came on so i can watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3176225;
    I love the "recycled ones" because I feel more connected from the very beginning.
    Drink?

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3177616;
    Drink?
    This has always been the most fun show to snark on, I'm glad to see some of that is still out there. It might even make me watch. Bring on the processed cheese-fest.

Speaking of snark, kind of a funny article:

TV Addict: I Got Jilted By New Bachelor Jason Mesnick - Film.com

TV Addict: I Got Jilted By New Bachelor Jason Mesnick

Sure, he plays a nice guy on TV, but Jason Mesnick is not above giving a girl his number, saying he'll be in touch and then disappearing. I know this because it happened to me. That's right. I got jilted by ABC's new Bachelor. TV Addict tells all!

Granted, I wasn't trying to date him. Seattle's a small town, so it's no surprise that I'm one or two degrees of separation from America's most eligible single father. My friend's husband golfs with Mesnick, and I used to run into him at parties six or seven years ago, back when he was dating his now ex-wife. He was also bald at the time.

About a month ago, Mesnick was at a Seattle Mariners game -- where he threw out the ceremonial first pitch -- and happened to be sitting next to a friend of mine. We got on the phone, traded pleasantries and he texted me his phone number. "I'll get ahold of you tomorrow," he said. He didn't.

Word around town -- from people who know someone who knows someone who knows Mesnick, of course -- is that he's reveling in all the attention and may be in danger of having his head turned by his newfound fame. So when I found out Mesnick had been selected as the next Bachelor, I sent him a text: "Dude, seriously?" We exchanged a few messages in which he refused to tell me anything that I wanted to know: Will the show be filmed in Seattle? What about his son Ty? Is it true that he was dating a divorcee with two kids when he went on The Bachelorette and told her he was going on a business trip? America wants to know!

Bachelor host Chris Harrison was a bit more forthcoming when I cornered him at an ABC party in July. He told me that Mesnick was on his "short list" to be the next Bachelor, and if it happened, Ty would have to take center stage. He hinted that the show might film in Seattle, and even offered to baby-sit: "We have two kids. Ty would fit right in!"

Unfortunately, America will have to wait until closer to January, when the 13th season of The Bachelor is slated to premiere on ABC, for more details. On the plus side, Mesnick will surely represent Seattle -- technically he's from Seattle suburb Kirkland -- better than Blayne Walsh, whose tanorexia and obnoxious catchphrases grated from day one on Project Runway.

What is the world coming to, first Andy Baldwin and now Jesse Palmer are giving advice to Jason?

Jesse Palmer’s Advice to New Bachelor: ‘Enjoy the Experience’ - PEOPLE TV Watch

Jesse Palmer’s Advice to New Bachelor: ‘Enjoy the Experience’
    August 26, 2008

As newly selected Bachelor Jason Mesnick prepares to choose a wife among 25 women all vying for his love, former Bachelor Jesse Palmer has some words of wisdom to share.

“Just be himself and enjoy the experience,” Palmer, who was the fifth-season Bachelor, told PEOPLE at the U.S. Open Heineken Premium Light players kick-off party in New York Friday. “The biggest thing is to be open minded and enjoy it as best he can and not put too much pressure on himself.”

Though he may not have found the love of his life with final contestant Jessica Bowlin in 2004, Palmer, 29, says he has no regrets doing the show. “I’m really excited and happy that I did it,” Palmer said. “It was a once in a lifetime opportunity so looking back I have great memories and met a lot of good people.”

Palmer is optimistic for Mesnick to find true love despite the show’s unlucky romance record and his failure to develop a lasting romantic relationship with Bowlin beyond the show. “Yes, I’m sure he can. It’s definitely an experience and the odds are on his side.”

As for the former NFL New York Giants quarterback own dating life? “I’m single right now,” he said. “It’s been good.” –Paul Chi

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3177698;
    This has always been the most fun show to snark on, I'm glad to see some of that is still out there. It might even make me watch. Bring on the processed cheese-fest.
    I couldn't agree more! I don't like watching nearly as much when things get heated. Hopefully we'll get some crazies in there who can make us laugh, and we can cheer (or drink!) every time a worn-out and overused bachelor cliche gets spoken with the utmost seriousness and sincerity (ha!). At the very least we can snark on their hairstyle and fashion choices as they get out of the limo. Maybe we'll even get another rotten egg girl or the one who got drunk on the beach.

Good times!

Virgin Daquari anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3175286;
    If you like Jason - or not - I think most of us would have to agree that he is a really nice guy - not a foney baloney type at all - down to earth - and appears to be a very honest fellow and doing all of this for the right reasons - unlike others we have seen in the past - that has to give the guy some points - wether you like him or not.

As far as him being on any pedestal!? - to me - that is up to each and every person - singularly. He seems to be a fantastic guy - and until any of us see otherwise - that is what he is. As far as a pedestal?!? - hey - to each their own on that aspect. To many - he is definitely on the top of the pile of folks that stand out as good guys - maybe there should be more like him................... I will add that there were several guys on the b'ette who stood out - hurray for TPTB for finding and showing the public that they really do exist
    Great post!

I have to admit that I do have concerns and reservations about Jason being the next bachelor. I think he is a great guy, and a super catch who could find love in Seattle, but was given this opportunity, and he thought why not. He managed to fall pretty hard for DeAnna on the show, so he knows that this process can work. My hope for his show is that he stays true to himself and isn't totally manipulated by TPTB. I believe he is going into this with the intentions of hopefully finding his soulmate. Trista went into the process with the intentions of hopefully finding her soulmate, and look where she is today. I hope for Jason that he too will have things work out as great as they have for Trista. I have been a Jason fan because I think he is a super person with many great qualities. He is genuine, sweet and caring. Does that mean I think he is perfect, or that I place him on a pedastle, absolutely not. DeAnna had many great guys to choose from, and I believe she did indeed walk away with the one who was best suited for her and what she really wanted in the end. I wish Jason success in finding the right woman for him.
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

Closed Thread