Closed Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

I am thrilled that Jason is going to be the next Bachelor.

I love the "recycled ones" because I feel more connected from the very beginning.

I wish they would bring Sadie in as one of the Bachelorettes (if she isn't already taken). I just love her and I think many folks did. (I am sure I will hear flack about this)
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3176012;
    If this is truly factual information, would someone please post the documention for me, please?
    Sorry Bloomers, but I cannot post documentation to my opinions. I thought it was generally accepted that anything without a link source is just that, an opinion! My comments are based on my opinion just like the several others who basically said the same thing in one way or another in this and the other thread. I could type off the names but there are so many, if you just scroll through the comments you'll find them, several comments similar to mine.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

SweetPea - you go girl!!! I won't say I will not watch any of this season but I know I will not get into the show - Jason is just too bland. I know I will read lots on this board and enjoy most all of your postings.
    How many times will we be manipulated by TPTB and still expect a different outcome - isn't that the definition of insanity? We will not see a love story, we will not see a long term relatinship and we will not see a wedding again but would it be too much to ask to have a sizzling bachelor that is good eye candy and can make you glad your not watching Monday night Football? This bachelor will be no different than the 12 before him except he may be more boring than some and less likely to change the ending as Brad did. We will all watch some or all and get invested to some degree but in the end we will probably just be irritated by the season as we have been 18 times before or make that 17 since we all loved Trista and Ryan's lovestory.

Jason is a real grown-up. He is a custodial parent and his line of work makes him responsible for the finances of others. He apparently realizes that his actions have an effect on a number of people. He plays golf rather than race motorcycles. He is a good listener, likes to dance and is very easy on the eyes. He likes a broad range of foods, not just meat and potatoes. He interacted beautifully with all three generations of DeAnna's family, showing a level of poise that we don't often see in those circumstances.......sounds like the perfect date to me, but I am of his parent's generation

I like having a central character that I feel sympathetic towards. I feel that I have a good idea already as to the qualities needed in a mate for him. I'd like to see him with a teacher. Someone who understands early childhood development who would have a lot of time off to spend as a family and would feel nurturing toward Ty rather than threatened by the father/son bond.

Call me crazy...but I get no enjoyment in watching where it's just a matter of time before a train-wreck is about to happen (maybe sometimes, but not when a child is involved). I think a Bachelorette can find the love of her life through this process because women are better able to isolate their prey from the herd, but I think men have a much more difficult time in intellectualizing what it is they want. Most men do a better job choosing a car than a mate.

Women are rarely in a situation where they get to choose one man, let alone from a field of 25. This might happen over the course of a lifetime, but she isn't likely to direct the course of the relationship to the point where a proposal is warranted by her timetable. For men these odds are apt to occur any night while out on the town.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

FORT Regular

This is ABC/producers getting lazy. BTW, at first when I saw this thread, I mistook Jason for Jeremy. Jeremy I could have done with, Jason...

I enjoy watching new personalities come on the show to find err.. love..; rather than rejects of previous season. Go find some new people!!

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3176225;

I love the "recycled ones" because I feel more connected from the very beginning.

I wish they would bring Sadie in as one of the Bachelorettes (if she isn't already taken). I just love her and I think many folks did. (I am sure I will hear flack about this)
    I agree with you!

Trista was a "recycled one" and she had the best outcome. I really think Jason will be in that same category. If he's willing to leave his child again, its most definitely becuase he really wants to give this a shot.

I don't care what anyone says, he may like the fame, but he is just as honest about finding that someone special.

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof2poodles;3176225;

No flack from me on this, because Sadie was one of my favorite bachelorettes. She was a sweetheart.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3175952;
    Precisely. He'll agonize about how he's been there himself, he knows how hard it is, but he has to remain true to himself and his search for true love. He'll claim that he's falling in love with more than one woman, and he's torn and can't make a choice. He'll worry about how she will fit in with his life and his son. He'll tell us over and over again that he's here for the right reasons, and he knows his future wife is in the room/limo/hottub. For pity's sake, I feel like I can write the script myself by now! All of this I am ok with, but only because I know going in that it's part of the show. But if Jason hypes his own aww-shucks I'm just a normal guy whose had his heart broken / Tom Hanks Sleepless in Seattle / I'm soooo sincere persona, then I'm going to enjoy snarking on him big time.
    You get a star for the best synopsis of The Bachelor/Bachelorette series. These shows are sooooo over the top smarmy; are guilty of over using such phrases as "she/he is amazing", "she/he completes me", etc. I want to barf; and could win a prize for the worst editing of a reallity show. I especially HATE HATE the cat fighting (I prefer the male bonding of the Bachelorette). Will I watch? Hmmm . . I like Jason, but am a little disappointed in him because he was willing to do this show. I thought he was a sweet natured and seemingly sincere young man with a fair amount of common sense. Now, I am not so sure, especially about the common sense part. I'll probably watch the first few shows then grow bored with the women and the editing, like I have most of the last few Bachelor offerings.

Well, this is B13 so it has to be lucky right
    I do think/hope that TPTB have gotten the message that we do not need a recap of De's season for every one of Jason's episodes. I think Jason is a great guy but have my doubts as to whether he can carry the show without the presence of Ty. Hence my feeling that we will see him once it gets down to the final 4. Another good reason for the projected fast pace suggested in the Bachelorette recruitments.

For what it's worth, I have been wondering if the reason Jesse was not edited as being a serious romantic contender is because there wasn't enough footage to suggest or support that until the very end when he stood out as top dog for celebrity couple status. IMO DeAnna realized toward the end that she loved the glamour life and dropped Jeremy & Jason because they were not on her new track. That left lone showman Jesse to "fall in love with" (ahem) I wonder how long that will last
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Zao

Well, I wasn't planning on watching the season but I'm changing my mind. I love the snarkfest already .

Closed Thread