Closed Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

First of all - I don't want to hear a what Deanna did. Her show is over and she and Jess do not need to reappear on my tv for any reason re: The Bachelor. I hated it everytime that Brad was charged over and over with being the cause of all Deanna's troubles. Enough. Go away. Don't appear this season AT ALL!

Ty himself is not the reason that Jason was chosen, the fact that Jason is a single dad looking for love on reality tv and willing to run through it a second time with the agreement his child can be used as a viewer hook - is why he has been chosen. Huge sympathy vote - and for now all reports say he is indeed a great guy. I hope Jason can force us to look at who he is rather than his single father status. There is nothing unique about being a single father with a cute kid.

Now Jason is being charge with doing the show for the same reasons that Jesse did. Ego, promotion, exposure ... and look how it turned out for Jesse - the girl was fine with all that, knew about it early on, and put a stamp of approval on it. I am betting the woman whom Jason chooses will do the ame. Everyone who is willing to be part of this venue has enough showmanship in them to risk the unknown results and be okay with it. Jason has gotten lots of advice. I think most people go on this show for the same reason they go bungy jumping
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I agree. Let's face it, any red-blooded male would jump at the chance to date 25 beautiful single young women. It's a guaranteed ego boost, sky high in fact. I don't blame Jason for going on the show and having a good time. What guy wouldn't? What I do NOT want to hear, time and time again, is how he's so sincere in his search for true love, and how he's not able to find the right woman, blah blah blah. I know, I know, it's in the script, but it's going to get really old, really fast with me. I also don't want to hear over and over about Deanna or Jesse or Brad (heaven forbid). That's why I really wish they would have picked someone else.

Also, I don't want to see the bum wiggle. Ever. Again.
    Leave that to the puppies, 'mkay Jason??

Now if Fleiss & Co. could show me a strong and sexy guy, who doesn't mention his child every second word and who is a wee bit of a bad boy (see avatar), then I might change my mind about Jason as the new Bachelor. Don't get me wrong, I love kids (have two myself!) but I want to see a bit of smolder, if you get my drift. I could be wrong, he could surprise me, but at this point with this guy and the personality he showed on the Bachelorette.....I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3175618;
    I agree. Let's face it, any red-blooded male would jump at the chance to date 25 beautiful single young women. It's a guaranteed ego boost, sky high in fact. I don't blame Jason for going on the show and having a good time. What guy wouldn't? What I do NOT want to hear, time and time again, is how he's so sincere in his search for true love, and how he's not able to find the right woman, blah blah blah. I know, I know, it's in the script, but it's going to get really old, really fast with me. I also don't want to hear over and over about Deanna or Jesse or Brad (heaven forbid). That's why I really wish they would have picked someone else.

Also, I don't want to see the bum wiggle. Ever. Again.
    Leave that to the puppies, 'mkay Jason??

Now if Fleiss & Co. could show me a strong and sexy guy, who doesn't mention his child every second word and who is a wee bit of a bad boy (see avatar), then I might change my mind about Jason as the new Bachelor. Don't get me wrong, I love kids (have two myself!) but I want to see a bit of smolder, if you get my drift. I could be wrong, he could surprise me, but at this point with this guy and the personality he showed on the Bachelorette.....I doubt it.

Perfect! That was my point as well, his intentions are no better than Brad's, Jesse's, or any other guy that has gone on to do the show. He is not going to bring integrity to the show *giggles* He is going on the show to have his ego stroked, his fifteen minutes, money and to be fawned over by 25 women, cool! Hopefully it works out for him and whoever he picks.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

FORT Newbie

I heard an interview with Jeremy on another site. There was a suggestion to have two Bachelors in the beginning (Jason and Jeremy) and let the girls vote on which one they would like to persue. That would have been an interesting venu IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3175628;
    Perfect! That was my point as well, his intentions are no better than Brad's, Jesse's, or any other guy that has gone on to do the show. He is not going to bring integrity to the show *giggles* He is going on the show to have his ego stroked, his fifteen minutes, money and to be fawned over by 25 women, cool! Hopefully it works out for him and whoever he picks.
    I agree that Jesse is NOT doing this just to find true love, he wants the attention. He's a fame ho' just like all the others, BUT he COULD find his gal. LOTS will watch, thinking he'll emerge looking as perfect as they imagine, but he'll no longer be in depicted in such a sympathetic light. We will surely hear ad nauseum about how Dee broke his heart and how adorable his little boy is. We'll see him wringing his hands, regretting SO much that he has to break someone's heart, but he'll do it none the less, they ALWAYS do it. I can't wait to see the snarks.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by thimble8;3175636;
    I heard an interview with Jeremy on another site. There was a suggestion to have two Bachelors in the beginning (Jason and Jeremy) and let the girls vote on which one they would like to persue. That would have been an interesting venu IMHO
    That's what they did in Byron's season - and I wouldn't mind if they brought that other guy who wasn't chosen back as the Bachelor. Otherwise, I'm sick to death of the boring, predictable recycled contestants. I don't think I'm going to bother watching this time.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3175651;
    We'll see him wringing his hands, regretting SO much that he has to break someone's heart, but he'll do it none the less, they ALWAYS do it. I can't wait to see the snarks.
    Precisely. He'll agonize about how he's been there himself, he knows how hard it is, but he has to remain true to himself and his search for true love. He'll claim that he's falling in love with more than one woman, and he's torn and can't make a choice. He'll worry about how she will fit in with his life and his son. He'll tell us over and over again that he's here for the right reasons, and he knows his future wife is in the room/limo/hottub. For pity's sake, I feel like I can write the script myself by now! All of this I am ok with, but only because I know going in that it's part of the show. But if Jason hypes his own aww-shucks I'm just a normal guy whose had his heart broken / Tom Hanks Sleepless in Seattle / I'm soooo sincere persona, then I'm going to enjoy snarking on him big time.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3175571;
    Its also true that the only reason he's getting his own show is because of the Ty factor and he is certainly doing this season because he wants his ego stroked and for the money of course. Which is fine I guess, but just because he got a perfect edit doesn't mean his intentions are any better than the rest who have done the show! If it was about finding a life partner he could certainly do so in Seattle without going on television again.
    If this is truly factual information, would someone please post the documention for me, please?

I have not seen anything in print yet either from Fleiss and Company or Jason that states that he was selected solely or even primarily because of Ty even though I do believe that people have a tendency to fall in love with cute tv toddlers. I personally think that Ty helped his case, but Jason's empathy for DeAnna, his sensitivity and his ability to help her work through her immediate emotional issues, as well as his consideration for others on the show was going to appeal to a wide base of female fans who simply aren't used to seeing that kind of behavior or to that degree out of the typical male.
    (Although it is neither here nor there, the Psychology degree probably didn't hurt.)

Jason has said he considers himself to be a normal guy ( who happens to have been swamped by thousands upon thousands of fans since he was rejected as F2).

Why does he want to be the Bachelor when he can obviously find someone, especially now, on his own? I suggest that one of the reasons is the same as it is for Jeremy who also wanted to be the Bachelor and can now find hundreds of women on his own.

Brad and Babyface C told Jeremy that if Jeremy was offered the opportunity to be the Bachelor, for sure he needed to do it. They encouraged him very strongly to go for it. Jeremy believed what they told him from what I read, and based on that as well as other factors was ready to accept if offered the position.

In an interview Andy Baldwin stated that he had been talking with Jason, and Andy said he definitely encouraged Jason to embrace the opportunity to be the Bachelor. Andy discussed the conversation at some length that he had with Jason.

When these guys are strongly, very strongly encouraged by former Bachelors to go through the experience, it is not quite so difficult to see why someone who has an adventurous spirit to start with (and everyone who is ever on the show has to have one to some degree) weighs it out and considers it might be worth everything involved.

Not me but them!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3175618;

Now if Fleiss & Co. could show me a strong and sexy guy, who doesn't mention his child every second word and who is a wee bit of a bad boy (see avatar), then I might change my mind about Jason as the new Bachelor. .

A wee bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3176016;
    A wee bit?
    Just a wee bit.

Closed Thread