Closed Thread
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight;3173679;
    Jason is the next Bachelor?
    ...Like Jason, I can’t afford to get my heart broken again by… of all things… the wicked Fleiss manipulation!
    I love this post - all of it. The few comments I can add for those who feel similarly are:

1 - The show was manipulated at the end - but not because of TPTB typical desire for a suspenseful ending - rather because something went very wrong at the end, and it wasn't the fault of TPTB - they just made the best of a bad situation. If Jason stays as true to his goals on B13 as he has to this point, we are likely to see an ending more like Trista and Ryan - Trista was one of the very few who have gone on this show looking for love - she focused on that and refused to lose sight of it - and found it.

2 - Jason will not be away from Ty for 6 weeks as some seem to feel. He was to do B4, but on his own show it will be different because this is Jason's show and TPTB have already talked about how they will accomodate Ty. They haven't explain all of this yet, only suggested that the show may film in Seattle, and that Chris Harrison and his wife may be care givers to Ty (as they are with their own children when the show is filming) so that Ty can be with Jason during the filming. Jason and Ty will likely have more time together during the show filming than during Jason's normal work schedule.

3 - Recycled shows have had a better success rate at creating relationships than those where the goals of the primary were less understood. Too many past shows have featured bachelors who made no bones about the fact that they were looking for an adventure and to have some fun - not looking for a partner or love. Little wonder that they failed to deliver a love story.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3175053;
    *groan*

Sorry, but Jason as the next Bachelor reeks of desperation to me. You can't tell me that there aren't hundreds of women emailing him each and every week since he was dumped by Deanna. I'm also pretty sure that more than a few wonderful women have gone to these "meet Jason" charity events just in the hopes of catching his eye. He works, he has friends, he has hobbies...he has every opportunity to meet interesting women. The fact that he would *choose* again to do this show, after all the angst about putting his son through this, makes me think he is indeed desperate, for more attention and adoration from even more beautiful women.

I smell another Blob season, frankly.

Sorry Jason fans, but I refuse to believe he's doing this for anything other than the opportunity to stroke his ego. Do I blame him for that? No, of course not. Fill your boots. But I can guarantee you we'll be hit with "Poor perfect single Dad Jason, brokenhearted, looking for true love and a mother for his adorable child" each and every single week, and *that* I don't buy for a minute.

So I'll be in this for the snark, big time. And *small voice here* a part of me hopes Perfect Jason gets knocked off his pedestal. It's pretty much happened with every re-tread we've had on this show, and I refuse to believe this time will be any different.
    Love the snarkfest.
    It's what brings me back season after season.

Jason seems like a nice guy but my theory with this show: the higher the pedestal, the bigger the fall.

If fans think Fleiss is going to treat Jason with kid gloves because he has a huge following, they must be referring to a different Michael Fleiss.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fanatic

I think most Jason fans have watched the show long enough to know how manipulative Fleiss can be. Even though Trista and Andrew Firestone got some of the best edits, they still didn't come out of the show completely unscathed. I dont feel that just because his fans feel Jason is a nice guy, that means we put him on a pedastal. I am sure he has faults, just like the rest of us, but I do believe he is going on the show for all the right reasons, and to me that is the most important thing for a successful relationship to come out of one of these shows. So if he finds love out of this show, and has to take a few snarky comments while doing it, I think it will be worth it to him and his fans.

FORT Fanatic

Re: Why Jason Mesnick was picked to be “The Bachelor”

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight;3175149;
    One word comes to mind: CREDIBILITY.

The Powers That Be (TPTB) know that their Bachelor franchise needs to be rescued from ratings demise. Pronto! The Bachelor does not have a track record of success, never resulting in a marriage despite all the marriage proposals, promise rings and live-in arrangements. Even if a few past Bachelors eventually got married, they said their “I do’s” with women they did not pick on the show. Reason? Go figure.

Here comes a regular guy (as Jason describes himself) who is in it for a lifetime commitment. TPTB realized during the Pappas show what a gem of a man just fell into their lap and they were not letting him get back to his quiet Seattle life that fast. Soooo... despite rumors of another Bachelor pick (what’s his name… Paula Abdul’s ex?), all of a sudden Jason became The Bachelor who TPTB hopes will resurrect the show’s lost glory (or a shadow of it).

By picking Jason, TPTB think they have the magic formula for success. Bachelor Jason has an established fan base, a captive audience... people who can't wait to see the single dad back on their TV screen. Most important of all, the guy is marriage material! Jason is determined to fill the void in his post-divorce life. He is (really, truly) looking to fall in love post-DeAnna… and can’t wait to find the woman to share his (and Ty’s) life with. TPTB were willing to take a chance with the single dad even if they have to give him a $5 million wedding (well, maybe). Anything to get a Bachelor wedding on our TV screen! Anything to prove that after several misses, the show concept works! Anything to keep The Bachelor’s popularity from tanking! Picking Jason might be TPTB’s cry for help to save the show. With Jason as The Bachelor, they just might have a winner.

Suggestion to Fleiss & cohorts: Please keep it real. Your editing staff should stay away from the chaotic technique they have pulled in past seasons. It’s become old and annoying! If there’s a love story, SHOW IT! Don't present a mystery type show because The Bachelor is not a murder mystery! We don’t want to ever watch again a version of Cinderella with the Prince picking one of the wicked sisters. It has not been fun getting our intelligence insulted! If you want to keep the fans from straying, don’t promise us a “love story” only to keep it edited out! The editing formula used on Trista’s season worked. Stay with it and you’ll keep the romantic masses happy.

Great post! Show us the love story this time.

Re: Why Jason Mesnick was picked to be “The Bachelor”

Quote Originally Posted by thethreej's;3175269;
    Great post! Show us the love story this time.

I would only edit that to say.......... show us THE REAL love story
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

If you like Jason - or not - I think most of us would have to agree that he is a really nice guy - not a foney baloney type at all - down to earth - and appears to be a very honest fellow and doing all of this for the right reasons - unlike others we have seen in the past - that has to give the guy some points - wether you like him or not.

As far as him being on any pedestal!? - to me - that is up to each and every person - singularly. He seems to be a fantastic guy - and until any of us see otherwise - that is what he is. As far as a pedestal?!? - hey - to each their own on that aspect. To many - he is definitely on the top of the pile of folks that stand out as good guys - maybe there should be more like him................... I will add that there were several guys on the b'ette who stood out - hurray for TPTB for finding and showing the public that they really do exist
    Last edited by Capegal; 08-24-2008 at 10:59 AM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Yep, Capegal, I say give him another whirl. I think he looks sorta goofy at certain angles but I did like the vibe he gave off.....if its for real. People would be surprised how hard it is to find the perfect person for your particular world if you have a kid and you want to make darn sure that perfect person is right for both of you. Too many creeps out in this big scary world.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3175286;
    If you like Jason - or not - I think most of us would have to agree that he is a really nice guy - not a foney baloney type at all - down to earth - and appears to be a very honest fellow and doing all of this for the right reasons - unlike others we have seen in the past - that has to give the guy some points - wether you like him or not.

As far as him being on any pedestal!? - to me - that is up to each and every person - singularly. He seems to be a fantastic guy - and until any of us see otherwise - that is what he is. As far as a pedestal?!? - hey - to each their own on that aspect. To many - he is definitely on the top of the pile of folks that stand out as good guys - maybe there should be more like him................... I will add that there were several guys on the b'ette who stood out - hurray for TPTB for finding and showing the public that they really do exist

ITA! Bachelorette 4 definitely had some great guys on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3175286;

ITA Capegal! The one's who put him on a pedestal are the viewers... NOT Jason! I trully believe that he is doing this because he fell in love the first time, it wasn't reciprocated... but he was going to propose! That says something!

I too want to see the REAL love story... even if they show us two... I don't care! I don't want to be side-swiped anymore! I will be fine with them showing two great connections and him having to truly be torn between two women. Instead of us thinking he is going for one (due to editing) and then going the complete different direction. I'd much rather see a close race, as in Trista's season.

Jason, stay true to what your looking for! Don't go changing your mind half way through... as someone I rather not mention! LOL

I don't think there is anything wrong with changing your mind as DeAnna did, because ultimately it was about her finding the best partner for HER. No it really wasn't for those viewers living vicariously through her and hoping she would select Jason just because Jason is the guy they would have picked for themselves.

This point gets brought up a lot but DeAnna still wants to have kids, psst she just doesn't want to have them with Jason! I know a lot of people bring on that point as if to say DeAnna is this selfish evil woman who didn't want to become Ty's step mommy after a six week reality show, but there is a difference between having your own with the right partner (aka Jesse in DeAnna's case) and being thrust into a step mother role right away.

Anyway, this really is a catch 22 for me! I really don't find Jason appealing at all, I certainly wouldn't go on some reality show to fight for him but the subsequent snark that I will partake in because he is on will force me to watch this upcoming season. : I haven't watched a full season of the show in years (i watched a couple of episodes of matt's season and got hooked on the bachelorette but am not a regular viewer of the bachelor).

Its also true that the only reason he's getting his own show is because of the Ty factor and he is certainly doing this season because he wants his ego stroked and for the money of course. Which is fine I guess, but just because he got a perfect edit doesn't mean his intentions are any better than the rest who have done the show! If it was about finding a life partner he could certainly do so in Seattle without going on television again.
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Closed Thread