Closed Thread
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

I'm enjoying this season more than some. Jason is an attractive, smart guy. With so many formerly married fathers on the dating scene. It's realistic to have one on The Bachelor. If he makes a connection with one of the gals, great. If not, what else is new about this show? I also believe his choices of the girls he's kept on have been excellent ones....IMO

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mdgs;3306463;
    Jason has a BA in Psychology. I remember Bachelor10, Andy Baldwin saying Fleiss & crew told him to tone down his vocabulary and not use big words. Probably thought the viewers at home might not understand him. They're told how to speak, I can imagine they tell them how to do everything, then cut and paste.
    A BA is Psychology is all but useless unless you go on to get an MA and a PhD. He might as well have gotten a History degree. He's no great intellect and he certainly didn't pick up on "body language and non verbals" with DeAnna and Jesse but I certainly did. Twilley did as well. All he picked up on was the sexual energy between DeAnna and Graham and that didn't take a degree in anything.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3308659;
    A BA is Psychology is all but useless unless you go on to get an MA and a PhD. He might as well have gotten a History degree. He's no great intellect and he certainly didn't pick up on "body language and non verbals" with DeAnna and Jesse but I certainly did. Twilley did as well. All he picked up on was the sexual energy between DeAnna and Graham and that didn't take a degree in anything.
    I beg to differ. I have a BS in Psychology. I had a fabulous job out of college and consider myself to be a success. It may be a general area of interest and considered a "flake" for a major, but it doesn't mean it is useless. If you combine the experience of college, past work, your personality, your ability to interview, and how smart you are a degree in anything can get you places. He may be no great intellect--but then again are there many that are. He is probably an average Joe and comfortable with that. I find it completely insulting that you think Psychology and History are so worthless--someone has to pick these subjects for careers--and anyone that gets through college and establishes himself in the world as a success in that he has a job and a home and a child that does well is a success in my eyes!
    Last edited by fluff; 02-07-2009 at 06:23 PM.

sighhhhhhhhhhhh thank God monday is here and we can break from this mindboggling loop of analysis and deliberation!!!!!!!!!

GA (Geek's Anonymous) RealityRoy's Avatar

Anybody know what's happening tonight regarding the broadcast? I believe President Obama's going to be having his first live press interview at 8pm EST. We being pushed back? We gonna miss a chunk of the show?

The show will start an hour later and True Beauty will be on tomorrow.

What?!? An hour later? I guess I better get my coffee ready for in the morning.. as I get up at 4:30 and going to bed at 11... I will be a bear tomorrow!!!!

BTW...My first bachelor post.. been lurking for a long time. Tried to sign up months ago but something went wrong. Oh well..

I personally think Jason has shown himself to be a very compassionate man with a big heart. It appears to be really hard on him to let these girls go because he knows how it feels. I really think it hurts him that he has to hurt another. I am very impressed with Jason. Without tptb, I think most people out there in the viewing audience would see a very loving man. I am totally unimpressed with all the kissing and touching with each and every girl but once again I suspect that is also driven by tptb.

As I read these boards, I am often reminded of a similarity between my previous assistant (a guy Jason's age) and Jason. My assistant was so much like Jason that they seriously could be twins. He was a single dad (a very devoted father), and always trying to please everyone. I noticed after he was with me for a while that he would stretch (or evade) the truth when in a situation where he thought that he would hurt the other person's feelings. I caught him downright lying several times, and talked with him about why he made that choice given the situations. What I learned about him (as a man) was that the pain in dissapointing someone was much greater than the pain of telling the lie. Looking back, I would characterize him as having a kind heart, good intentions, but questionable moral fortitude. Strange as it all may be, I believe that he and I will be friends until I die, because of how well we knew one another--including our faults. My assistant is of the Cancer zodiac, and I wonder if Jason may be of the same sign.
    Other than that, all I have to say is that JASON HAS VERY BRIGHT TEETH!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix2009;3359704;
    Other than that, all I have to say is that JASON HAS VERY BRIGHT TEETH!
    Maybe they did something to touch it up. All the contestants had shiny white teeth - video editing to enhance colors? I can't say, my new LCD TV is just too bright!

Closed Thread