Closed Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne;3173248;
    I agree that Jason could have EASILY found a woman to date without having to be the new Bachelor.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing the last woman whom he has to turn down. I can already hear what she will say -- I am in love with him; I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and Ty; now my heart is broken, and on and on. Of course it will seem that he is "leading her on" so he will say that he never meant to hurt her, and that he knows how it feels because the same thing happened to him -- blah, blah, blah. I imagine I will still watch the entire series though, lol.
    But doesn't this happen on EVERY The Bachelor/ette? (referring to bolded statement above.) What upset me the most last season was that Fleiss made us fall in love with Jason & Jeremy because they got so much air time and Jesse barely got any at all. It wasn't that I didn't like Jesse, it was that we NEVER saw it coming.

People are always going to get hurt on these shows, Jason's season will not be any different. I for one hope he finds someone that is great. I feel that he will put 100% into it and make a choice that he believes will be good for him and Ty. Whether or not it turns into forever, that will remain to be seen, but I would think it won't be because of a lack of effort.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3173080;
    This sounds grim because I am tired of recycling contestants and it would be a better show without the dad angle, for me. Will they find 25 women who were honest when asked if they would relocate to Seattle and into a ready made family? Probably not.

There is no way that Ty will not be mentioned and visited by the final two contenders. I don't have a problem with that either. He is way too young to understand that these two women are anything more than a casual visitor. The problem with dating is that the child gets attached and when you break up they suffer a loss. This TV show will not come close to that dynamic. All will be well with Ty even if Jason mentions him every week. He does not know anything more than Dad is gone for 6 weeks, again. Which, in itself, is not a good senario for a primary parent. But that is a different subject.
    Totally agree with your thoughts. Recycling is boring, why further bring a small child who does not understand the premises into the picture and drag him through the process once again.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar

Jason is the next Bachelor?

Hmmm…

Hmmm…

Hmmm…

Because I was a Jason fan during DeAnna’s season, I should be ecstatic that this guy will have his own show, right? Truth to tell, right now I don’t know if I’m thrilled or scared for him. I could understand why he went on The Bachelorette… he thought that DeAnna would be the one he could spend the rest of his life with. That the woman was worth risking public rejection for. Some people might have asked “Why go to that extent and put his son’s existence into public domain; why not find someone in private?” I don’t pretend to know the exact reason, but if I were a guy who got dumped by the spouse I’ve been with for 10 years, leaving a kid under my care, I would like to know if I could still be marketable. After all, when Ty grows up and moves on, Jason has to deal with again being “abandoned” so why wait for that time to come to look for companionship? Sure, he could date away from the limelight, but being on a TV show could have been his way of dealing with his post-divorce pain… while others would rather go bunjee jumping and risk body parts There is something about getting dumped that can inspire people to do crazy things. And maybe it’s true that he got mesmerized by The Bachelorette (who has similar brunette features as the ex). It was a romantic opportunity that he couldn’t pass up! I still believe that he did fall hard enough to want to be on the show.

When I watched the run of The Bachelorette, I did want to see a love story. (Unfortunately, it ended like a prelude to Bachelor Jason.) DeAnna was so relentless in her statements that she wanted to find love and get married. The weird thing is, as the season unfolded, I found myself wanting this lovely single divorced dad to be happy in the end. Somewhere along the way, in the midst of the Graham and Jeremy drama I forgot about DeAnna’s quest for a love connection! That is probably the reason why when she picked Jesse in the end, my heart was in denial. Call it bizarre channeling or whatever, but I felt HEART-BROKEN! Totally… completely. What was even worse, at a time when I needed to purge my feelings in the FoRT forum, my computers at home and in the office wouldn’t function due to a severe virus! I managed to say a few nasty stuff right after the finale, but there were more things I needed to say to give myself closure. You see, as with Trista’s and Meredith’s seasons, I was emotionally invested! Totally… completely! Surprisingly, instead of throwing my computers out the window, and throwing a month-long tantrum, I looked at the situation from “the-glass-is-half-full” perspective and regarded my technology-challenged situation as my God’s way of telling me to let it go…because it was just a TV show… it was DeAnna’s future, not mine, on the line… so I should just bury the heartache and move on with my life. It actually felt great to be able to say that in my head!

Now comes the news of Jason doing the next Bachelor. What am I to do with myself? Should I watch despite my promise to not get sucked into the phoniness, even fraudulent, premise of this show? Should I revert to my Bachelor/ette habit of running out of the office like a madwoman at 5:00 p.m. (never mind the mountain of work on my desk) and live my life like a hermit on Monday nights, declining dinner appointments, refusing to take telephone calls, and even treating my home PC like the enemy? Will Jason’s season be another Bachelor Bob who, even when he was so popular with the Bachelorette Trista fans, fell off his high horse? Frankly, I haven’t made up my mind because the last Bachelorette season really put a damper on my hopelessly romantic heart. Like Jason, I can’t afford to get my heart broken again by… of all things… the wicked Fleiss manipulation!

What consoles me though is the fact that if Jason agreed to commit himself to another six weeks of this dating show, he must truly be determined to make himself happy. This time, he has the pluses on his side: (1) 25 women who might have gotten to know him on The Bachelorette and, if luck is on his side, might have fallen in love with him already; (2) 25 women who have undergone a battery of tests to prove their dating worthiness; (3) the chance to find a love connection with a woman without having to go through the blind date or matched-by-friends scenario. This time, he is in control and if he really knows what he is looking for in a lifetime partner, he just might find her from this season’s batch. Besides, since he is on the quest, he must have been given a generous hand in the selection process. After all, it is his life, and Ty’s, that will be affected by the show outcome.

We missed out when his proposal to DeAnna was edited out. I can only imagine how beautiful it must have been because Jason is articulate and has a way with words. Every sentence he uttered to DeAnna was well thought-out and distinctly expressed. Some people who find him boring are perhaps looking for wild action. If you ask me, I’d like to see a more serious Bachelor. I’ve had enough of formal, diamond-necklaced dates… kisses on the yacht while the others are sharing the space… and horrible group dates. I’d like to see more down-to-earth, really happening dates. After all, in the real world, unless your suitor has a trust fund, who can afford helicopter rides and moments at the opera? Picnics at the park and spending time watching the sunset would be good enough for me. When all of the Bachelor hoopla is a thing of the past, if this time Jason is blessed to find his spouse potential, he will be spending the rest of his life with the friend/lover/companion that he risked personal privacy and public invasion to find on national TV.

I am still not sure I will watch the show, but one thing is for certain: I have my fingers crossed that Jason Mesnick will find his star. Let’s wish him the best of luck!!!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

FORT Fanatic

I don't think that Jason has enough Pzazz to be a good Bach, he's way too smooth. Perhaps he really needs the money this will bring in and being well compensated (and I don't fault him for it) will make the whole ordeal worth it in the long run. I'd be willing to bet that his agreeing to it has little to do with finding a "soul mate" (gag) and more to do with it paying well. As far as having a child, chances are we won't see a lot of him or at least I hope not. If the child is some how affected by this the responsibility is squarely on Jason's shoulders, not ABC, not the Fleiss master, no one forced him into this choice. JMO.

FORT Newbie

I am a long time lurker and have never posted but am a HUGE Jason fan... and I totally agree with EVERYTHING that Oilerfan just posted. Very well put... Let's wish him luck! I hope that it is fun to watch and that it is a feel good ending for us and a "TRUE" happy ending for Jason Mesnick and his son. Not a Fleiss ending for all!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JKGreen1228;3173740;
    I am a long time lurker and have never posted but am a HUGE Jason fan... and I totally agree with EVERYTHING that Oilerfan just posted. Very well put... Let's wish him luck! I hope that it is fun to watch and that it is a feel good ending for us and a "TRUE" happy ending for Jason Mesnick and his son. Not a Fleiss ending for all!
    just for clarity, although I wish I was this perceptive PrincessRight wrote that super post.

FORT Regular

Love Princess Right's post!

I generally am more fond of 'recycling' seasons then not; I liked when Mary came back and got Byron; I loved the Bob season (although personally I found him repulsive, especially that little laugh!), and loved the Deanna season (although hated the ending!). I feel like I 've had a chance to "get to know" these people, so in the second set of viewing I can focus more on the people being chosen.

I WANT Jason to find true love. Let's hope that Fleiss let's it happen naturally, and maybe cuts it to be REAL as opposed to being fake! I despised how he unfolded the Deanna season, it was unexpected but also the viewers felt totally manipulated. I'd rather watch a love story REALLy happen as opposed to watching a manipulated falsehood.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

First of all, I learned about this when I read a blurb in our local paper read "Ohioan to be Next 'Bachelor'!" I wonder what Jason would think of being called an Ohioan when he probably doesn't even remember living here!

Put me in the camp of people who are happy Jason is our next Bachelor (with some small reservations - I want to continue to like him! Hear us, Fleiss?). I would have been happy if they chose Jeremy, and who knows whether we would have been happy if it was somebody new. They could have chosen another PLo or Jesse Palmer. "Somebody new" isn't always a great choice.

Jason has said he's unsure about how to date again (although a lot of people feel that way and just have to muddle through it). I also listened to the Andy Baldwin radio interview done in St. Louis, and Andy said he thought The Bachelor was a great, if not difficult, experience. He's spoken with other past Bachelors and Bachelorettes, and they all agree. He also said Jason asked his advice on whether or not it was a worthwhile "journey" to take if it was offered. Andy said it definitely was. So we surely can't blame Jason for giving it a shot! And from what I've read, they're going to make arrangements so he won't have to be so far from Ty.

Our lasting impressions depend greatly on how Fleiss & Co. decide to edit this show. If he looks back, he can probably see that the best seasons are the ones where F1 was the one most were hoping for. Give us a HAPPY ending - not a shocking one. Sure, you can put us on the edges of our seats, but make us like F1, please!

*groan*

Sorry, but Jason as the next Bachelor reeks of desperation to me. You can't tell me that there aren't hundreds of women emailing him each and every week since he was dumped by Deanna. I'm also pretty sure that more than a few wonderful women have gone to these "meet Jason" charity events just in the hopes of catching his eye. He works, he has friends, he has hobbies...he has every opportunity to meet interesting women. The fact that he would *choose* again to do this show, after all the angst about putting his son through this, makes me think he is indeed desperate, for more attention and adoration from even more beautiful women.

I smell another Blob season, frankly.

Sorry Jason fans, but I refuse to believe he's doing this for anything other than the opportunity to stroke his ego. Do I blame him for that? No, of course not. Fill your boots. But I can guarantee you we'll be hit with "Poor perfect single Dad Jason, brokenhearted, looking for true love and a mother for his adorable child" each and every single week, and *that* I don't buy for a minute.

So I'll be in this for the snark, big time. And *small voice here* a part of me hopes Perfect Jason gets knocked off his pedestal. It's pretty much happened with every re-tread we've had on this show, and I refuse to believe this time will be any different.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar

Why Jason Mesnick was picked to be “The Bachelor”

One word comes to mind: CREDIBILITY.

The Powers That Be (TPTB) know that their Bachelor franchise needs to be rescued from ratings demise. Pronto! The Bachelor does not have a track record of success, never resulting in a marriage despite all the marriage proposals, promise rings and live-in arrangements. Even if a few past Bachelors eventually got married, they said their “I do’s” with women they did not pick on the show. Reason? Go figure.

Here comes a regular guy (as Jason describes himself) who is in it for a lifetime commitment. TPTB realized during the Pappas show what a gem of a man just fell into their lap and they were not letting him get back to his quiet Seattle life that fast. Soooo... despite rumors of another Bachelor pick (what’s his name… Paula Abdul’s ex?), all of a sudden Jason became The Bachelor who TPTB hopes will resurrect the show’s lost glory (or a shadow of it).

By picking Jason, TPTB think they have the magic formula for success. Bachelor Jason has an established fan base, a captive audience... people who can't wait to see the single dad back on their TV screen. Most important of all, the guy is marriage material! Jason is determined to fill the void in his post-divorce life. He is (really, truly) looking to fall in love post-DeAnna… and can’t wait to find the woman to share his (and Ty’s) life with. TPTB were willing to take a chance with the single dad even if they have to give him a $5 million wedding (well, maybe). Anything to get a Bachelor wedding on our TV screen! Anything to prove that after several misses, the show concept works! Anything to keep The Bachelor’s popularity from tanking! Picking Jason might be TPTB’s cry for help to save the show. With Jason as The Bachelor, they just might have a winner.

Suggestion to Fleiss & cohorts: Please keep it real. Your editing staff should stay away from the chaotic technique they have pulled in past seasons. It’s become old and annoying! If there’s a love story, SHOW IT! Don't present a mystery type show because The Bachelor is not a murder mystery! We don’t want to ever watch again a version of Cinderella with the Prince picking one of the wicked sisters. It has not been fun getting our intelligence insulted! If you want to keep the fans from straying, don’t promise us a “love story” only to keep it edited out! The editing formula used on Trista’s season worked. Stay with it and you’ll keep the romantic masses happy.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Closed Thread