Closed Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3287591;
    He asked Natalie one question to try to "get to know her", but doesn't seem to have a natural curiosity to follow up on an initial question or ask another question to keep the conversation going.
    With Natalie they went from a daylight date into a night time date. There had to be a lot more to their conversations than what was shown to us.

So while we may think he is only asking certain questions or not asking anything at all, I believe he has. They just edit most of everything out and give us a snippet of what they did and what they said. Just enough to make us question everything he does.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall sometimes.

FORT Fan

Jason applied to be the bachelor after his divorce, didn't get a call, tried out for The Bachelorette and played the pity card with his divorce/son story that. So as boring and uncharismatic as he is, he certainly thought that he was hot enough to be the bachelor. Regular guys don't submit their own names. ABC seems to seek out Bachelors/Bachelorettes or other people recommend them so I think it shows a certain level of moxy and possible arrogance. He also gave ABC a new gimmick ... a bachelor father ... and it worked because people fell in love with some line that he was this all but a widower man raising his child alone and got mad when DeAnna didn't do the same. Now we find that the mother is very much in the picture and that he is not looking for an instant mom but a friend and mentor for his son. I don't know if ABC created his tragic character of the abandoned man or if he was spinning that out of spite to his wife but I'm glad he changed his tune because I didn't buy it in the first place.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3287730;
    Jason applied to be the bachelor after his divorce, didn't get a call, tried out for The Bachelorette and played the pity card with his divorce/son story that. So as boring and uncharismatic as he is, he certainly thought that he was hot enough to be the bachelor. Regular guys don't submit their own names. ABC seems to seek out Bachelors/Bachelorettes or other people recommend them so I think it shows a certain level of moxy and possible arrogance. He also gave ABC a new gimmick ... a bachelor father ... and it worked because people fell in love with some line that he was this all but a widower man raising his child alone and got mad when DeAnna didn't do the same. Now we find that the mother is very much in the picture and that he is not looking for an instant mom but a friend and mentor for his son. I don't know if ABC created his tragic character of the abandoned man or if he was spinning that out of spite to his wife but I'm glad he changed his tune because I didn't buy it in the first place.

Regardless of whether he initially signed up, from the ensuing publicity the fans overwhelming bought into his image as the rejected single (divorced) father to the point that ABC made the decision that he should be the next Bachelor. I don't understand the conflict?

As far as the spin....ABC is in charge of that. If you go back and look at DeAnna's situation, you will see the same thing. In Brad's season it was made to appear that her beloved father was there when her beloved mother died from cancer. However, during her season when there needed to be a little doubt cast over the whole stepmother issue and how DeAnna really feels about stepmothers, we found out that her father had divorced her mother with whom DeAnna lived before ( or maybe even while she had cancer ), and it was only after the mother died that DeAnna went to live with her father who at some point remarried.

During DeAnna's season the intimation was that Jason had full custody, but he never came right out and said it. ABC wanted us to think that. However, now Jason wants it known that he is primarily looking for a partner for himself, and a "mentor" ( stepmother) secondarily for his son, so we get a better glimpse into the care situation with the son.

Note: Not that it is any of our business, but you still haven't gotten a clear picture of how much the mom is really, actually there, available in the picture day in and day out for that child. It has been said that she travels, etc. On some internet sites, she has a third name now, and she is holding a new baby while she stands next to TY.

Spin....ABC is in charge of that.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by tmpray;3287701;
    With Natalie they went from a daylight date into a night time date. There had to be a lot more to their conversations than what was shown to us.

So while we may think he is only asking certain questions or not asking anything at all, I believe he has. They just edit most of everything out and give us a snippet of what they did and what they said. Just enough to make us question everything he does.

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall sometimes.

I feel that even with the shows being 2 hours now, I get more commercials than what is going on with the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley2021;3288012;

I feel that even with the shows being 2 hours now, I get more commercials than what is going on with the show.
    This is the first season of The Bachelor where I've had a DVR and it is THE.BEST.INVENTION.EVER!!!

I do believe the 2 hours of air time become about 43 minutes of actual viewing time, as I not only fast forward through the commercials, but the "previously on The Bachelor" and "coming up" segments as well.

For the Matt Grant / Shayne Show Season, I read the recaps on FORT and then watched the episodes on my computer, which was mildly annoying as the video buffered throughout my watching the episode. This year, however, I was prompted to have to load software and sign releases, etc. in order to watch the episodes on ABC. I missed the first episode of this season and wanted to see the 25 beautiful women all wanting to meet Bachelor Jason (actually I wanted to follow along with the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Recap). I was not successful and really don't give a hoot at this point. Maybe in the future, I'll just start watching when there are 4 ladies left standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley2021;3288012;

I record it on my DVR because I'm normally not home at the time it's on. While playing it back, I swear this past Monday I had to keep pushing the fast forward button more and more when the commercials were on.

I love the idea of a 2 hour show, but enough of the commercials already. Show us the conversations, the dates, the fun. I'll even take the drama right now if it means I see more of the show.

Feels a connection w/ you charlie9's Avatar

Jason seems like a really sweet guy and probably more genuine than I had originally thought, but this show has really been a snoozefest. I wondered even initially why they picked him instead of some of the more dynamic and interesting Bachelorette candidates (Jeremy, Graham, even though I didn't like Graham too much) because on the Bachelorette he was basically the same way.

I cringe every time he stares at everyone's breasts. I can't remember seeing any Bachelor do this quite so obviously. Honey, no, you need to learn how to look but not make it obvious you are staring. That's creepy.

Also, I am really over all the screaming when he takes off his shirt. Really? I mean, he's a nice looking guy, but Marky Mark circa 1991 he ain't. He looks like any dude you might see in the dog park. Now, put Jeremy on the show doing that and you have my full attention.

Then with the General Hospital cheesefest this week, I was really pretty embarrassed on behalf of everyone involved. Having said all this, of course, I will continue to watch.
    Perfection is just fine by me!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by charlie9;3291704;
    Jason seems like a really sweet guy and probably more genuine than I had originally thought, but this show has really been a snoozefest. I wondered even initially why they picked him instead of some of the more dynamic and interesting Bachelorette candidates (Jeremy, Graham, even though I didn't like Graham too much) because on the Bachelorette he was basically the same way.

I cringe every time he stares at everyone's breasts. I can't remember seeing any Bachelor do this quite so obviously. Honey, no, you need to learn how to look but not make it obvious you are staring. That's creepy.

Also, I am really over all the screaming when he takes off his shirt. Really? I mean, he's a nice looking guy, but Marky Mark circa 1991 he ain't. He looks like any dude you might see in the dog park. Now, put Jeremy on the show doing that and you have my full attention.

Then with the General Hospital cheesefest this week, I was really pretty embarrassed on behalf of everyone involved. Having said all this, of course, I will continue to watch.

LOL! Oh the memory of those Calvin Klein ads.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, something is just not clicking.....I don't necessarily think it's Jason though. I think it's the women they've hooked him up with.

I have a zero-tolerance policy for bimbettes on this show, but I think the girls this season are all too "domestic" (for lack of a better word) or too "serous" for what Jason is looking for.

Jason strikes me as someone who likes women somewhere in between.

Hot in bed, hot in life, and free-spirited - yet still a good mother.

I agree that this season is a bit boring as well.
    Did you notice how many times Jason said "like, like, like" last week.
    At first I thought it was only the women but when I looked closely
    he said it as much or more than most the women.

Closed Thread