Closed Thread
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

why the hell does he have to kiss almost every girl? that was the most awkward moment with him and nikki. the dude must not have gotten any action since deanna.

Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;3275025;
    Totally AGREE! How much do you want to bet he's going to end up working for ABC when this is over - marriage or not?
    That wouldn't surprise me, but if he does I hope it's behind the camera because he's not exactly coming across as dynamic to me.
    I can't imagine watching a show I didn't already watch in order to see him and might stop watching a show I already do watch if he was on.

why the hell does he have to kiss almost every girl? that was the most awkward moment with him and nikki. the dude must not have gotten any action since deanna.
    IMO he's the epitome of the average guy. I strongly doubt he's had women lining up for a crack at him before just as strongly as I doubt a lasting relationship will develop from this show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3284695;
    That wouldn't surprise me, but if he does I hope it's behind the camera because he's not exactly coming across as dynamic to me.
    I can't imagine watching a show I didn't already watch in order to see him and might stop watching a show I already do watch if he was on.

IMO he's the epitome of the average guy. I strongly doubt he's had women lining up for a crack at him before just as strongly as I doubt a lasting relationship will develop from this show.
    I couldn't agree more, fluff.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Who is John Galt?

Yeah, Jason is not Mr. Dynamic at all! Why he was chosen I have no idea. He is cute, in a boy-next-door sort of way, but no hunk who would attract the kind of oos and ahs that have been emanating from this group of girls. It got so gooey and phony on the 2nd episode, I stopped watching (after I stopped gagging). I'll watch again when it gets down to the finals . . maybe.

I don't think he would have been picked had he not been on Deanna's season and rejected at the final two stage.
    He certainly isn't your usual Bachelor, not that that is necessarily a bad thing.
    He just comes off as a little desperate to me, applying to be the Bachelor once before, going on Deanna's season and now finally getting a season of his own.
    Assuming he proposes on the finale (which in itself is ridiculous, imo) he would have proposed to two different women after only knowing both for a matter of a few weeks.

This show, to me, is set up to produce a winner, a proposal is a bonus, but ultimately all it is ever likely to provide is a short-term high with a crash-landing when they all stop living in a mansion, going on extravagant dates and exotic getaways. The fact that one of the couples married, have started a family and are still together, says far more about their determination to make their relationship work than the effectiveness of the show that brought them together.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-20-2009 at 09:09 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Who is John Galt?

Fluff: That was very well said and reflects my thoughts exactly. If Jason is "in love" as he professes to be, it would seem that he falls easily and often whenever some pretty little girl comes onto him. It does seem a little desperate to me too. Although, some men (and women too) need to be with someone. My boss is like that. He can't be alone and has to have a girlfriend, preferably living with him, to feel complete. Jason may be this type of guy. If so, he could get really clingy and needy with the young lady and lose her in the process. I wish him luck, but I doubt the relationship will last much longer than a few months.

This season just seems so dull. This is the first season I haven't had a favorite or two. A few seem nice, but no one really stands out, and I haven't really gotten behind any of the girls. Oddly enough, there is no one I dislike much either. Erica bugged, Megan seems a bit full of herself and Nikki is waaayyy too serious, but overall there isn't anyone who generates much emotion in me at all. And you guys have said it, Jason is nice but very unexciting. Doesn't help that the shows are two hours either -- for the life of me I can't figure out why!
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

The minute I heard Jason was going to do this the second time, I was puzzled. I just don't know why he would put himself through this (and Ty, as well)...when he could even more easily find someone to date right there in his hometown.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Both my Mom & I agree that he is a nice guy, but not much else. He is, like you have already posted, quite boring. Let's just hope the show gets better.

I guess whichever girl he dumps at the end will be the next Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3274891;
    I think Jason is just as big a fame whore as people have accused Deanna of being.
    He seems to have been pretty determined to get a crack at this show, whether as The Bachelor or as a suitor.
    This show really represents a ridiculous way of trying to find a partner. He'd stand a better chance with computer dating and he wouldn't have to leave or limit his time with his son for weeks on end either.He seems like a nice enough guy, but I find him a little dull and not particularly attractive.

ITA. Perhaps he isn't doing eHarmony.com or match.com because - according to two of my single friends who have joined - you actually have to fill out really involved questionnaires that expect you to honestly respond about who you are at the core of your being. There aren't any nice dates set up and paid for if you use an online dating service.

He's enjoying his celebrity because he clearly hasn't had this much attention bestowed on him just for being himself. He has made the most of his looks which are so-so and he knows he'll never have this many attractive young hotties enamored with him again.

While there may be some footage or private conversations we don't get to see, I don't think he does a very good job of making the most of his limited time with the women. He asked Natalie one question to try to "get to know her", but doesn't seem to have a natural curiosity to follow up on an initial question or ask another question to keep the conversation going.

Closed Thread