Closed Thread
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by snooky;3264061;
    I started out reading the spoilers thread, a month or two ago, but life intervenes, so now I'm so behind I'm going to watch it "clean" and unspoiled. I can't believe it's already here.

I'm trying to withhold judgment on whether Jason and his pick will last. Andy thought he was head over heels during publicity for his season, too. We'll see. I do hope they wait awhile to make sure they work in the real world, since a kid's involved. That complicates everything.
    Hi snooky, I agree with you about withholding judgment as to whether Jason and his pick will last or not. I think, we are all on our best behavior when we first meet someone. It's when the contestents are facing difficulty in the real world that they really get to know each other and see each others little quirks. This is when the true test begins. Most don't survive.

With respect to Andy and Tessa I think they both really cared for each other to begin with and I think they both really tried in the beginning. But, eventually they had to simply be themselves. They had very different basic personalities. Tess came from a broken home and was very cautious. She begin to see parts of Andy's personality she was unable to live with. I also think Andy would take Tess back at the drop of a hat if she would agree. Theirs was the first season I watched and I felt as I watched they were both very sincere. To me, it was The Love Story we all hoped for.

Jason appears to be a very sincere person...maybe just maybe, we'll get that beautiful Love Story again.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 01-04-2009 at 09:35 PM.

FORT Newbie

Good Morning American just interviewed Jason this morning at their NYC studio. He sure looked good and happy. He donated two coats to the GNA "warm project", one of the coats was from Jason and one was from Ty.

The interviewer asked if the single moms had a leg up. Paraphasing Jason's answer he said he thinks of himself as much more than just a single dad and the same for the ladies. The single moms have a lot of depth but just thought of all 25 women as regular people.

Can't wait for the premier tonight.

Me, either.
    Theirs was the first season I watched and I felt as I watched they were both very sincere. To me, it was The Love Story we all hoped for.
    I agree, rileymeboy. I think way too much is made over whether the couples actually make it to the altar. I'm happy if they make a connection that lasts beyond the show, at least for a time. As far as I'm concerned, if they end up with a real relationship, I consider it a success, whether it lasts four months or they actually marry.

What's success anyway? I mean, if the couple married but then divorced in a year, would people say it wasn't a "success"? How about getting divorced after 10 years? Or, if they stay together and don't get married (Byron and Mary), isn't that also a success? I don't think this sort of thing should be held to hard and fast standards. I'm just happy if they actually fall in love, whether or not it leads to a lasting, permanent relationship.

It's the guys who go on never really intending to find "the one" that peeve me to no end. Jessie Palmer? Alex? Urgh!

Of the Bachelor shows I did watch (missed Andrew and Aaron's season) I hoped that Andy and Tess was a success story and of the Bachelorette shows that I watched I had hoped that Meredith and Ian would turn out to be the love storyl. I can't believe I wasted my time with the girlwhosenamewillnotbementione d.
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

FORT Newbie

Newbie here and already posted something in the wrong place! I am looking for a link to the extended version of Jasons proposal to DeAnna that I keep hearing about.Can anyone help me out?
    TYIA

Quote Originally Posted by jesmecub;3274722;
    Newbie here and already posted something in the wrong place! I am looking for a link to the extended version of Jasons proposal to DeAnna that I keep hearing about.Can anyone help me out?
    TYIA
    It's on Utube. Just search for Jason Mesnick, proposal and you'll come up with a few choices -- different length of videos.

I think Jason is just as big a fame whore as people have accused Deanna of being.
    He seems to have been pretty determined to get a crack at this show, whether as The Bachelor or as a suitor.
    This show really represents a ridiculous way of trying to find a partner. He'd stand a better chance with computer dating and he wouldn't have to leave or limit his time with his son for weeks on end either.
    He seems like a nice enough guy, but I find him a little dull and not particularly attractive.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3274891;
    I think Jason is just as big a fame whore as people have accused Deanna of being.
    He seems to have been pretty determined to get a crack at this show, whether as The Bachelor or as a suitor.
    This show really represents a ridiculous way of trying to find a partner. He'd stand a better chance with computer dating and he wouldn't have to leave or limit his time with his son for weeks on end either.
    He seems like a nice enough guy, but I find him a little dull and not particularly attractive.
    Totally AGREE! How much do you want to bet he's going to end up working for ABC when this is over - marriage or not?

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Well sure, anyone willing to go on TV to find love isn't there just to date. You can do that at home...of course. But Jason is (for me) the most likeable Bachelor yet. And I think he's adorable!!!!

Why, oh why, did he not get rid of Lauren last night? She seems like the type who'd throw her own mother under the bus. Hopefully, she'll be gone next week.

Closed Thread