Closed Thread
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3256399;
    I agree. We can count on one hand the number who have actually lived together: Trista/Ryan, Andrew/Jen, Byron/Mary, Ian/Meredith, Charlie/his Fl (didn't see it). Did I miss any? This is out of 13 Bachelors, and 4 Bachelorettes. Only five (that I can count), have made it to co-habitating. That is 5 out of 17. Not good odds, but actually pretty close to real life. So the show doesn't really do any better than private dating at large. The engagements are absolutely stupid given the short duration of contact between the Bachelor/Bachelorette and F1 and the show's push toward an engagement is ludicrous IMO. However, having said that - there is the possiblity however slim that Jason will end up with the love of his life, get married, and have more cute this kids - with the girl he picks from the Bachelor.
    I agree with you. Even with a proposal/engagement, the odds are against a long lasting relationship. I believe that Jason believes he is in love. But I just wonder if the couple just gets swept away by the romance of it all. I wish him the best, but time will tell if a relationship will last. I am going to look at this season as entertainment, and hope for the best, but not expect much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3256430;
    I agree with you. Even with a proposal/engagement, the odds are against a long lasting relationship. I believe that Jason believes he is in love. But I just wonder if the couple just gets swept away by the romance of it all. I wish him the best, but time will tell if a relationship will last. I am going to look at this season as entertainment, and hope for the best, but not expect much.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

I think we have to look at this show as entertainment, and IF a true relationship does come out of it that would be fantastic, but we all know the odds are against it.

GOOD LUCK JASON...
    you're going to need it

Wow, are people still watching this show in hopes of a happily ever after? I thought the whole point was to sit back and laugh at the desperation and idiocy of the contestants?
    It's easy to be miserable. Being happy is tougher - and cooler.
    thom yorke

Quote Originally Posted by blue valentine;3257624;
    Wow, are people still watching this show in hopes of a happily ever after? I thought the whole point was to sit back and laugh at the desperation and idiocy of the contestants?
    Yes, some of us are still on board with your whole point.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3256399;
    I agree. We can count on one hand the number who have actually lived together: Trista/Ryan, Andrew/Jen, Byron/Mary, Ian/Meredith, Charlie/his Fl (didn't see it). Did I miss any? This is out of 13 Bachelors, and 4 Bachelorettes. Only five (that I can count), have made it to co-habitating. That is 5 out of 17. Not good odds, but actually pretty close to real life. So the show doesn't really do any better than private dating at large. The engagements are absolutely stupid given the short duration of contact between the Bachelor/Bachelorette and F1 and the show's push toward an engagement is ludicrous IMO. However, having said that - there is the possiblity however slim that Jason will end up with the love of his life, get married, and have more cute this kids - with the girl he picks from the Bachelor.
    Yeah, but I don't think the guys that weren't actually there to find love should count. It's not really a failure if that wasn't the point. I would include Alex, Aaron, Jesse, Lorenzo and Matt in that group for sure.

To me, there are 2 completely different sides of the Bachelor. There are seasons like Jesse's and Lorenzo's, where the point was NEVER to find love. I don't think the Bachelors or the producers ever had hopes of that actually happening. But I think there are others, where they really do expect and want that to happen. Andrew, for example. I can tell the moment the new Bachelor is announced what kind of season it's going to be. Which is why I never watched Lorenzo or Bob or Andy or Charlie (who knew that season would actually produce a long-term relationship?) Why does it have to be so black and white? That they're all in it for love or all in it for fame? I think there are a good bit of both.

If you really are there for the right reasons and want to fall in love, you most likely will. Whether that relationship will last forever or not, who knows. But most relationships don't.

There might be one or two others that were just as sincere, but I don't think there have been any that were more sincere then Jason is in wanting to find love and get married.
    Last edited by ky-la; 12-28-2008 at 05:31 AM.

FORT Regular

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Quote Originally Posted by Larel;3173118;
    Ugh Jason why!!!

There goes alot of respect & admiration I had for him, he doesn't need to do this because IMO it makes him appear desperate to find a woman when he could EASILY find someone the old fashioned way IMO!

It now appears he has been bitten by that infamous "celebrity" bug since it's obvious he wants his 15 minutes of fame to continue & leaving his child again for weeks at a time to find a suitable mama for him while romancing 25 women on national TV does nothing for him but make him look bad IMO!
    I think you must have missed the writeup that said ABC has agreed that Jason will not be away from Ty for more than a week at a time. That doesn't mean Ty will be on TV much, though. And as far as leaving his child, Jason shares caring for his son with his ex-wife. If his ex-wife is not available, Jason's brother who lives with him can help care for his son, or his parents can help...all people Ty is very comfortable with. Jason normally works during the week and cannot be with Ty all the time anyway.

Jason is excited to hopefully find a partner who is the woman of his dreams and would be a nice mother for Ty. I thought Jason's conduct on the previous Bachelorette was very tasteful. The dates he has and places he visits are a "once in a lifetime" opportunity that most people would not turn down. Think how long it would take Jason to meet and get to know 25 different women who might be compatible with him and his son. What a romantic start to a relationship...but a relationship that will have to survive more normal life after the show ends. The publicity might also give Jason a boost in his business for a while.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3186518;
    i don't think the problem will be jason, i think the problem will the be the women! i don't think most of the people who go on the show are really looking for a genuine relationship, first off, most of them are under 25, second of all, i'm gonna bet most won't have kids, and the ones who do have kids, probably will be gone by round 2

i seriously think if he was looking for the real deal, he's better off on eharmony
    Now that the selection of the women has been announced, there are only 6 women under age 25 out of 30 women. Four women are age 24 (one of those has 2 children) and one woman is age 23. That leave 25 women age 25 or older. Four of the 30 women have one or more children.

I personally think the standards will be high this time, but we'll know for sure after all of the shows have aired.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3192455;
    that is what might appear on the surface, but who's to say once he gets bitten by the fame bug he won't start pursuing these things, me thinks he already has crossed over due to him going on this show for a second time

i still stand by the statement, if he was really looking for true love, he would do it away from the spotlight

so i agree with the others he's doing this purely for paycheck, which is not a bad thing, its probably the best move for him financially he's never gonna get another opportunity for something like this

and as for Trista, sure she went on the show for the right reasons, but i think she's very much into the fame aspect of it, her big tv wedding, plastering herself on US magazine, i could see jason going down the same path, especially if by some miracle of all miracles a wedding actually does happen for him

and you know deanna is gonna try to up one on everyone should she actually marry jesse, which is way to early to tell right now if 5/9/09 actually does happen!
    I found it very difficult to work fulltime and still have time to meet and get to know someone you might someday want to marry. I lived in the Houston suburbs for 20 years and divorced after 28 years of marriage. The Houston area has thousands of single men...maybe even hundreds of thousands, but it is not that easy to meet someone who might be compatible with you. I don't do the bar scene. It was the earlier days of matchmaking on internet and I still found it difficult to find someone with somewhat similar interests and lifestyle to even talk with, let alone meet. It took me 6 years of looking and talking and sometimes meeting dozens and dozens of men in order to find someone I was compatible with. My sons had all left home and married, so I had no children at home. When you are working 40 hours a week, there isn't a lot of time to meet people and get to know them. Most of the time after one or two meetings, you realize it isn't someone you would want to spend the rest of your life with.

So if Jason had to search for a mate on his own who would fit into his and Ty's life, it could take him years. He probably would like to add to his family and have someone fairly close to Ty's age. It could take a long time on his own to find that a wife for himself and stepmother for Ty.

So why shouldn't Jason accept the opportunity to have ABC screen applicants and find 30 women who might be compatible with Jason and a good stepmother for Ty? And in addition, let ABC plan memorable exotic dates that Jason wouldn't be able to do on his own either timewise or financially. Even if Jason doesn't find the woman of his dreams, the experiences and memories of his Bachelor series will be something he could never duplicate. But what Jason really hopes for is in addition to the exotic dates and experiences, is that he finds a wonderful wife for himself and stepmother for Ty. Let's hope Jason can realize his dream.

Quote Originally Posted by moondust222;3258629;
    I found it very difficult to work fulltime and still have time to meet and get to know someone you might someday want to marry. I lived in the Houston suburbs for 20 years and divorced after 28 years of marriage. The Houston area has thousands of single men...maybe even hundreds of thousands, but it is not that easy to meet someone who might be compatible with you. I don't do the bar scene. It was the earlier days of matchmaking on internet and I still found it difficult to find someone with somewhat similar interests and lifestyle to even talk with, let alone meet. It took me 6 years of looking and talking and sometimes meeting dozens and dozens of men in order to find someone I was compatible with. My sons had all left home and married, so I had no children at home. When you are working 40 hours a week, there isn't a lot of time to meet people and get to know them. Most of the time after one or two meetings, you realize it isn't someone you would want to spend the rest of your life with.

So if Jason had to search for a mate on his own who would fit into his and Ty's life, it could take him years. He probably would like to add to his family and have someone fairly close to Ty's age. It could take a long time on his own to find that a wife for himself and stepmother for Ty.

So why shouldn't Jason accept the opportunity to have ABC screen applicants and find 30 women who might be compatible with Jason and a good stepmother for Ty? And in addition, let ABC plan memorable exotic dates that Jason wouldn't be able to do on his own either timewise or financially. Even if Jason doesn't find the woman of his dreams, the experiences and memories of his Bachelor series will be something he could never duplicate. But what Jason really hopes for is in addition to the exotic dates and experiences, is that he finds a wonderful wife for himself and stepmother for Ty. Let's hope Jason can realize his dream.
    Exactly. It's hard dating and being a single parent. This is like the ulitimate dating service.

I see no reason for Jason not to do this show because of Ty, but I do think it is a little frivolous to become engaged to someone you met on a reality show after 6 weeks when there is a child involved. I'm not really convinced a couple can get to know each very well given the format of the show, and becoming engaged is kind of a big deal when there are children involved, but Jason is a big boy, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders, so that is his decision to make.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Closed Thread