eh? quoi? c'est vrai? celinealicious's Avatar
    tęte dans les nuages mais les pieds sur terre

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Yaayyy!!!!

i just saw the new Bachelor commercial on ABC w/Jason
    and i yelped

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Well, I just saw the first commercial and it looks like Jason is sucking me back in!

Since there isn't a non-spoiler section, I'll just post this here for now. I'm trying HARD to stay away from the spoilers this season since I never used to get so 'invested' as when I watched the show for pure pleasure...

So, GL to all of you in the Rose Game and to those sleuthers who are trying to figure out F1 before the season starts. I'll be in the basement while the party's going on upstairs.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

casualfan said
    Jason actually applied for the show to be The Bachelor long before DeAnna was selected to be The Bachelorette.
    I never knew that. This really does give me a different perspective on him. I think there is a significant difference between wanting to be the "hero/star" of the show, and wanting to be in the mix. It's interesting that he finally got his wish.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3244534;
    casualfan said I never knew that. This really does give me a different perspective on him. I think there is a significant difference between wanting to be the "hero/star" of the show, and wanting to be in the mix. It's interesting that he finally got his wish.
    Yeah pajamasam, he mentioned it on his post booting conference call for The Bachelorette. :

Well about a year and a half ago I'd seen a friend of mine, Bevin, who was on the show....And I was watching, I had known Bevin for about ten years and I was watching the show and I was thinking, God, I could do something like that. So I mean, it was really just an email that I sent in and never heard anything for well over a year and then casting called me.

It was on a Wednesday I remember, and they left a message and I was thinking it was kind of a joke you know? Iit's like buying a lottery ticket are they really going to call you back? And the very next day, I hadn't seen Bevin in five years, she moved down to California and she was up here for the weekend and I was literally running from one meeting to the next and I literally almost ran into her physically.

And I am like Bevin, oh my gosh, you're never going to believe, I mean I was like totally, you know, as far as fate and destiny I was like I have got to tell you, you know what happened to me yesterday. So, I talked to her briefly and this is right at the time when they announced DeAnna and she said that her and DeAnna had connected because they both had finished, no, yes, and she said that you know they just announced it was DeAnna and you've got to check her out.

So, I went online, did as much research, watched clips of her and that was like the third thing for me, you know, they called me up I ran into Bevin and then it was DeAnna. So I was in.
    Daily News Releases

Too many uses of the word "like" for a supposed professional person (to my liking, anyway). And he's a father.

<<< repeats the mantra: "it's just a fictional TV show, worse than most, better than some"

FORT Regular

Re: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Obviously moving to Seattle will be a major change for the F1 .... but I'm sure this will be a major change for Jason's brother as well since they currently live together. I wonder if Jason and his F1 will move into a new home together when the get married or if she will move in to his house and his brother will move out??? I imagine Jason, F1 and Larry are all preparing for the upcoming changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight6;3254205;
    Obviously moving to Seattle will be a major change for the F1 .... but I'm sure this will be a major change for Jason's brother as well since they currently live together. I wonder if Jason and his F1 will move into a new home together when the get married or if she will move in to his house and his brother will move out??? I imagine Jason, F1 and Larry are all preparing for the upcoming changes...
    If I lived with my brother and he went on "The Bachelor", my first thought would be ... I need to find a new place to live!
    After 2 turns in the ABC spotlight, I think Larry is TV-savvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Starlight6;3254205;
    I think this kind of thinking is jumping the gun a bit. Remember that very few of those that get engaged ever get to the point of marriage or even living together. There have been a few but "A VERY FEW".
    I have begun to get overly skeptical about this show and always have to wonder if they are a REAL couple or not. And usually the answer is NOT!!

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by NewFan22;3256379;
    I think this kind of thinking is jumping the gun a bit. Remember that very few of those that get engaged ever get to the point of marriage or even living together. There have been a few but "A VERY FEW".
    I have begun to get overly skeptical about this show and always have to wonder if they are a REAL couple or not. And usually the answer is NOT!!
    I agree. We can count on one hand the number who have actually lived together: Trista/Ryan, Andrew/Jen, Byron/Mary, Ian/Meredith, Charlie/his Fl (didn't see it). Did I miss any? This is out of 13 Bachelors, and 4 Bachelorettes. Only five (that I can count), have made it to co-habitating. That is 5 out of 17. Not good odds, but actually pretty close to real life. So the show doesn't really do any better than private dating at large. The engagements are absolutely stupid given the short duration of contact between the Bachelor/Bachelorette and F1 and the show's push toward an engagement is ludicrous IMO. However, having said that - there is the possiblity however slim that Jason will end up with the love of his life, get married, and have more cute this kids - with the girl he picks from the Bachelor.

Good Luck to Jason and his lucky lady that they find happiness forever!

Closed Thread