Closed Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3175252;
    Love the snarkfest.
    It's what brings me back season after season.

Jason seems like a nice guy but my theory with this show: the higher the pedestal, the bigger the fall.

If fans think Fleiss is going to treat Jason with kid gloves because he has a huge following, they must be referring to a different Michael Fleiss.
    Agree. I'm normally not the pesimist that I am about to be - but I see this as yet another trainwreck..but then again, should I be expecting more than that from this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;3206355;
    Filming in LA
    Hi Cailg. Yup. Among other reasons, then the dozens and dozens on the payroll who work on camera, lights, sound, story creation, production, etc. can live their normal lives ... for the first couple of weeks ... expense free to Next/Warner, except for the take out food. Then the smaller mobile crews necessary to film HTDs, exotics, etc. can pack up and travel. They don't all have to be everywhere together anymore, because the number of players (and therefore interactions) has been drastically reduced. Anyway, some of mature folks who run the show are married (including to each other) with kids of their own to send off to preschool, etc. In short, casting, planning, filming the show is a J-O-B.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3206434;
    Hi Cailg. Yup. Among other reasons, then the dozens and dozens on the payroll who work on camera, lights, sound, story creation, production, etc. can live their normal lives ... for the first couple of weeks ... expense free to Next/Warner, except for the take out food. Then the smaller mobile crews necessary to film HTDs, exotics, etc. can pack up and travel. They don't all have to be everywhere together anymore, because the number of players (and therefore interactions) has been drastically reduced. Anyway, some of mature folks who run the show are married (including to each other) with kids of their own to send off to preschool, etc. In short, casting, planning, filming the show is a J-O-B.
    It makes sense. ok... hopefully the timeline will be starting soon!

Filming in LA

Source or proof please?!?
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3206434;
    I have to disagree with alot of this - as crews for shows have to be fairly mobile and flexable and don't depend on who has to get the pre-schooler on the school bus.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3206583;
    I have to disagree with alot of this - as crews for shows have to be fairly mobile and flexable and don't depend on who has to get the pre-schooler on the school bus.
    When FORT installs an emoticon with a tongue in the smiley's cheek I will at last be understood to mean what I intend. In the meantime, I get misunderstood 9 times out of 10. My bad, it was a JOKE. The serious point: the first couple of weeks are filmed in LA, after that they move around as they need to, with only the personnel necessary to produce and record the scenes. And yes, some of the very senior people are married, including to one another, and have little ones...and I'm sure the nanny can get the little ones to school as needed, as with the rest of America in their socioeconomic demographic. They are creating and filming a TV Show, which costs $$, not carrying out some fantasy for Jason, who is at their beck and call, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3206617;
    They are creating and filming a TV Show, which costs $$, not carrying out some fantasy for Jason, who is at their beck and call, not vice versa.

I agree that they are creating and filming a TV show - but.... it can be done anywhere in the world - and the crew working on that show just goes where ever they are sent.

As far as creating any fantasy for anyone - and being at their beck and call - as we have seen in past seasons - especially in recent ones - the main character - bach/ette - seems to have some say in what/where/when/how some things occur - which I have no doubt may also be the case with this coming season.
    Last edited by Capegal; 09-27-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3206582;
    Source or proof please?!?
    Hey, you don't have to believe me. But if I were to publically say my source, I woudn't find out anything else.

This is like someone who writes a column listing spoilers for a soap opera. One really good person comes to mind. She can't say who her sources are for obvious reason.

If that is a problem, mods let me know, and I will glady not say a word again about what I know.

Filming in LA
    Thanks Cailg!

Filming in LA
    Woohoo! Thanks for the info, cailg! Do you know if they are using the same mansion they have in the recent past? I may have to take a little detour when I'm down in Santa Monica in a couple of weeks

Closed Thread