Closed Thread
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Oh Mickey you're so fine fashionista84's Avatar

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Quote Originally Posted by Phibet;3171502;
    Has anyone knowledge of Jeremy's reaction to Jason being the next Bachelor? Heard in an interview with Jeremy that he and Jason are actually friends and talk frequently. Perhaps Jason told him in advance of the public media release. Personally, I don't think that Jeremy will have ANY diificulty finding his sweetheart the old fashioned way. Wish him happiness, too.

According to the blog on Jeremy's MySpace fansite, Jeremy is happy for Jason and looks forward to seeing his season and plans on supporting him throughout Jason's experience as the bachelor!

George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar

Wow!!!! I just heard! That is sooooooooo awesome. Although I was a huge Jeremy fan, I really like Jason. But I agree, I hope they don't focus on the rejection from De. That got so old with her season showing Brad's rejection every time you turned around.

And I just thought of something, I will never get any work done once everything starts kicking into gear. When would they start filming? October? November?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3171450;
    I have mixed feelings on this one. I liked Jason. He was my pick early on for Deanna. But I'm kind of tired of the routine of everytime you come in second, you get to do the show yourself. But I will reserve my biggest judgement until I see how much (if at all) they use Ty in the show. If he's used, or of they focus on him for Jason the way they did Brad for Deanna, they'll lose me fast.
    I agree. I liked Jason, the person..but we need to see more of THAT, and not just the fact that he's a single dad raising a cute kid. I hope Fleiss focuses more on Jason, the man.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey

This sounds grim because I am tired of recycling contestants and it would be a better show without the dad angle, for me. Will they find 25 women who were honest when asked if they would relocate to Seattle and into a ready made family? Probably not.

There is no way that Ty will not be mentioned and visited by the final two contenders. I don't have a problem with that either. He is way too young to understand that these two women are anything more than a casual visitor. The problem with dating is that the child gets attached and when you break up they suffer a loss. This TV show will not come close to that dynamic. All will be well with Ty even if Jason mentions him every week. He does not know anything more than Dad is gone for 6 weeks, again. Which, in itself, is not a good senario for a primary parent. But that is a different subject.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3171562;
    I just hope that the fan love for Jason stands...but it usually happens that no matter how MANY fans a person has...whether it be how they act or the editing they usually end up getting torn to shreads....Deanna and Blob are 2 examples...folks begged for them to have their own shows then when its all said and done...about 80% of the people didn't like who they choose...how they acted or how they were portrayed..etc

Yes, I liked Jason the first time around and this is one thing that gives me pause-- the retreads suffer from overexposure, I think. I also worry about how this will affect Ty. I can't imagine dragging a kid through this process not once but twice.

At least everyone will know going in that he already has a kid, and I would hope (you can't assume with Fleiss) that the women that are selected are a little more... stability-minded, perhaps, than some of the previous candidates.

Ugh Jason why!!!

There goes alot of respect & admiration I had for him, he doesn't need to do this because IMO it makes him appear desperate to find a woman when he could EASILY find someone the old fashioned way IMO!

It now appears he has been bitten by that infamous "celebrity" bug since it's obvious he wants his 15 minutes of fame to continue & leaving his child again for weeks at a time to find a suitable mama for him while romancing 25 women on national TV does nothing for him but make him look bad IMO!

Quote Originally Posted by Larel;3173118;
    Ugh Jason why!!!

There goes alot of respect & admiration I had for him, he doesn't need to do this because IMO it makes him appear desperate to find a woman when he could EASILY find someone the old fashioned way IMO!
    It now appears he has been bitten by that infamous "celebrity" bug since it's obvious he wants his 15 minutes of fame to continue & leaving his child again for weeks at a time to find a suitable mama for him while romancing 25 women on national TV does nothing for him but make him look bad IMO!
    The bolded part is what concerns me....surely there is women in Seattle that wants a man with a child.

FORT Fan

I agree that Jason could have EASILY found a woman to date without having to be the new Bachelor.

I am NOT looking forward to seeing the last woman whom he has to turn down. I can already hear what she will say -- I am in love with him; I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him and Ty; now my heart is broken, and on and on. Of course it will seem that he is "leading her on" so he will say that he never meant to hurt her, and that he knows how it feels because the same thing happened to him -- blah, blah, blah. I imagine I will still watch the entire series though, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Larel;3173118;
    Ugh Jason why!!!

He's desperate alright, but not for a woman to date. As you said, he wants his measly fake-reality-TV-show infamy, however ephemeral that will prove to be, and of course the ABC paycheck. I'm pretty sure he's getting paid for his trouble this time around. With all that time he's putting into churning out the show this year, I don't even expect him to work for free. This is the scripted unreality business, not a charity operation! And ABC is sure getting their money's worth with a two for one special and a built-in storyline so saccharine it might just give us all sugar shock before they even get to the F4. It's probably not even going to be worth watching, but this show has been seemingly banking on the car wreck syndrome for many seasons now and I don't expect it to be any different this time around. Bring on the crash!
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Please, ABC, stop recycling contestants...

I much more enjoy watching someone new, and though I really think Jason is very cute, I'm not sure the Bachelor process is a healthy way for a dad to look for love. I'm sure he could do better the old fashioned way, too.

Anyway, I wish him luck. Does anyone know when the show starts taping?
    ~"Sometimes you have to roll the hard six"~

Closed Thread