Closed Thread
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

i don't know, sounds like wishful thinking to me, like i said, the "genuine" women are few and far between when it comes to this show, and i'll bet most of them will be under 25, not that anyone under 25 is not mature enough to be married, but take on the role of step mom too??? if this was not a reality show i think its possible, but this IS the bachelor, like Ms Froggy said they are all hollywood wannabees

i have a feeling jason will turn out to be the next blob, maybe not quite as bad, but i doubt anything is really going to come of this

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3188326;
    i don't know, sounds like wishful thinking to me,
    The thinking is not all that wishful - it's based on some knowledge of who has already been selected, and some information about some of the contestents. Not all will be 25 - there will be some older, and not all will be Hollywood wannabes - some have done considerable homework, know a lot about Jason and know exactly what they are getting into - step-mom and all.

Do I believe all 25 women will be like this? No way. But there's only one F1.

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3188182;
    Where the hell are they going to find one of those in the typical Bachelor bimbo pool of Hollywood wannabes and deluded primadonas?
    It doesn't really hurt to pray for a miracle, does it?

Seriously, when Jason agreed to be the next Bachelor victim, if he has a good head on his shoulders as I suspect he does, he would have discussed the matter of bachelorette selection early on. Just like an executive negotiating for his promotion, he would have made sure that he was getting the package he is worthy of. Dollar amount, perks and all. I'm sure that the producers got the Mesnick Wish List.

Quote Originally Posted by jr956678;3188182;
    The thinking is not all that wishful - it's based on some knowledge of who has already been selected, and some information about some of the contestents. Not all will be 25 - there will be some older, and not all will be Hollywood wannabes - some have done considerable homework, know a lot about Jason and know exactly what they are getting into - step-mom and all.
    If this is true, Bachelor Jason is a show I would want to watch! Bring on the "Spouseless in Seattle" Bachelor edition 13!
    Last edited by PrincessRight; 09-04-2008 at 09:58 AM.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Quote Originally Posted by jr956678;3188368;

Do I believe all 25 women will be like this? No way. But there's only one F1.
    Sounds like you have some inside information! Care to share?
    I didn't know they had already selected some of the ladies. Are you involved in some way in the selection process? Enquiring minds want to know!!

but here's the thing about all that

people will say anyting to get on tv for their 15 min....sure they might be carefully selecting them, but in the end, they could end up being like deanna or jen, or any of the other countless people that have come and gone on this show, they could say, "sure i'm looking for the real deal"

every season people grasp at straws, and yet nothing changes, maybe deanna will marry jesse, but people have already pegged him as Ian as someone not wanting to get married

but then again, the bachelorette has had way more success than the bachelor, but i know i will hear "jason's different"

eh, not that different, he did agree to go on this trainwreck again, me thinks he's looking for some extra fame

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3188400;
    Sounds like you have some inside information! Care to share?
    I didn't know they had already selected some of the ladies. Are you involved in some way in the selection process? Enquiring minds want to know!!
    This wouldn't be the thread to answer the question. But just imagine that a place on the internet exists where some are deep into monitoring and communicating with the women who expressed or confirmed at Jason's Myspace that they were considered or indeed accepted for the show. A place where people take being a "fan" of the show to the Next Level (!), communicating with or posting about potential or actual cast members weeks before filming even starts. Imagine a few scurry over here from time to time to drive opinion, or maybe just to see if they are missing out on scoopage to be dissected elsewhere on the internet. Not my cup of tea, but it might appeal to some.

Personally, I'm hopeful and confident that a wider net was cast to fill out the roster than 7,700 Jason's Myspace fans (!), though God knows that's a big pool of people and you never know "SHE" may be on the Myspace list. Jason's path to the show (I knew Bevin) is very typical as well ... friends or referrals from former cast or staff.

I really doubt there's anything magical or even unique about this season's casting, apart from the threshold judgments to make about whether to accept divorcees, virgins, single mom's, or very young women who come on not being "ready for" kids, but end up "loving" Ty, and the like.

One of these years, maybe they will have to decide whether to accept Same Sex applicants. What a great Plot Point for the tired old format .. . is The Bachelor 100% confident in his or her orientation! We'll have to wait for MTV to break that ground, I guess.

haha, that would be funny, taking same sex applicants

myspace though? not very reliable :S

that's why when it comes to this show, i take nothing seriously

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3188566;
    One of these years, maybe they will have to decide whether to accept Same Sex applicants. What a great Plot Point for the tired old format .. . is The Bachelor 100% confident in his or her orientation! We'll have to wait for MTV to break that ground, I guess.
    Tila Tequila did just that.

I can't believe Jason would want to do this again.

mynicholle, you took the words right out of my mouth. I really dont understand Jason choosing to do this show. He'll have to leave his young son for a chunk of time (again.) He'll have to introduce his young son to four different women in the span of one week, in front of cameras, no less. And he'll have to break a few hearts. He seems like a truly nice guy. I dont believe that he really thinks he'll find a long term partner during this process. He doesnt seem Hollywood bound. It makes little sense to me.

I guess that there are not many men who would turn down the chance to have a horde of pretty women desperate to date them.

Closed Thread