Closed Thread
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

another recipe for disaster!!!!!

jason was okay, i guess he was better than most of the dudes on Deanna's show but I knew she would never pick him, because of the Ty factor, there was NO WAY she was gonna touch that

and i think the same outcome will hold true this time around with Jason as the bachelor, if they have 25 single childless women on the show, no marriage is happening!!!!!!!

that is for sure

because, the type of women who would be a good step mom and be willing to come second to someone else's kid, would never go on the bachelor

instead famewhores go on it and most of them are not ready for marraige, hence all the 3 week relationships this show produces

will i watch? probably just to snark on it

Quote Originally Posted by snickers;3186419;
    will i watch? probably just to snark on it
    Is there ever any other reason to watch this show anyway?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

to find true love of course!

only in the fiction writing world will you find that on this show

searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar

Perhaps I have been living under a rock or in another planet… but my gut tells me that Bachelor Jason will bring back the (genuine) romance to television. The FRC may not result in a marriage proposal, but there will be a proposal nonetheless to see where the after-show relationship will take him and the lady he picks.

Although I can understand where the “Jason-isn’t-doing-the-show-to-find-a-stepmom-for-Ty” posters are coming from, I don’t see him as a guy who will waste his time on a frivolous relationship just for fame. Right now I am sensing the same skepticism many people had during Trista’s season. But boy, did she prove the naysayers and skeptics wrong! Just like Trista, Jason will take his time getting to know his lady love, even if it takes years. He will not ape DeAnna’s move of planning a mega-million wedding so soon after the FRC. Not when there is a child in the picture.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessRight;3186492;
    Perhaps I have been living under a rock or in another planet… but my gut tells me that Bachelor Jason will bring back the (genuine) romance to television. The FRC may not result in a marriage proposal, but there will be a proposal nonetheless to see where the after-show relationship will take him and the lady he picks.

Although I can understand where the “Jason-isn’t-doing-the-show-to-find-a-stepmom-for-Ty” posters are coming from, I don’t see him as a guy who will waste his time on a frivolous relationship just for fame. Right now I am sensing the same skepticism many people had during Trista’s season. But boy, did she prove the naysayers and skeptics wrong! Just like Trista, Jason will take his time getting to know his lady love, even if it takes years. He will not ape DeAnna’s move of planning a mega-million wedding so soon after the FRC. Not when there is a child in the picture.

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
    I happen to LIKE your story
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

i don't think the problem will be jason, i think the problem will the be the women! i don't think most of the people who go on the show are really looking for a genuine relationship, first off, most of them are under 25, second of all, i'm gonna bet most won't have kids, and the ones who do have kids, probably will be gone by round 2

i seriously think if he was looking for the real deal, he's better off on eharmony

FORT Regular

Hey, I like the sound of EHarmony. That may be his best bet !!!!!!!!!!

Wow, havent been here since the mole started! Its good to be back!

This news got a mixed reaction from me also, however on reflection we are forgetting that Jason has been a been a contestant on the bachelor. He has been sucke din to the glossy romantic world, which, in his mind, can become his in the next few months. He can date personally selected women, as opposed to trying his luck in social situations. Yes, its easy for him to get women but women that are quality? Why not get ABC to do it for you. I think Jason is so desperate to have a lady complete his family he will try anything. Bless his cotton socks...

As for the Ty thing, its not too much of a big deal. Children across the world have corporate/army fathers who are away all the time. Jason has left his son before and Ty was obviously okay about it, so he knows he can trust those around ty to replace him for a while. If I was a child and my dad was trying to look for a new mother that would help him in the long run, looking back I would be happy.

I know Bach has got a bad track record, but its a whole different dating experience, no-one can say they wouldnt take up such an oppurtunity. so 2 in 17 in couples are stitll together, is'nt that dating statistics anyway?

I say on with the show!

Ps I would also like to add my post from many months ago, which has come true..

" Originally Posted by VelvetBex View Post
    My personal feeling on the series is this...and this is based a little on dates of filming too so bear with me...looong post.

The tradition of the Bachelorettes has always been they are rejects from Bachelor shows (and then Bob obv), they are figures the public fell in love with and wanted back. In this selection of men we have quite a few guys who would be perfect for the bachelor. Jeremy,Jason,Graham etc who by looks of it will be rejected. I Imagine when Fliess was picking this cast he had the Bachelor in the back of his mind and he knows the bachelorettes that have been through the contest have been quite successful and more sensitive to the process. Fliess has seen some of his audience come back with the new series, hes realised through Dee he can build a profile of a character for his main brand...the bachelor. Deanna's season then becomes not only 'a fairytale' it creates a character for 'the next fairytale' so Fliess wins all round. Even If Dee chooses Jesse, there is Jason there, ready mady for the next Bachelor. We know There is a new series of the bachelor (search 'bachelor renewed 2009' in google and its the first the article...publised May 13th)

My reason is this, the casting calls are for females, the bachelor form isnt updated (last time i checked anyway) have they already got a bachelor waiting in the wings? This may explain the crazy Deanna cancellations because they didnt want the new bachelor and Dee to be around in the same area. The article was published May 13th and the Bachelor finished filming 4th May? Fliess wanted the Bachelor on again because of his confidence...as was ABC happy enough to renew it.

Tv producers always think of the big picture. not just one series " -Velvetbex (Bachette 4 thoughts and comments thread 1 post 2279 in the Spoilers forum )
    Last edited by VelvetBex; 09-02-2008 at 10:08 PM.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3184916;
    His parents have decided that however Ty is involved will be appropriate, not harmful, and probably fun. As of now, we don't know what is on ABC docket and hopefully Jason will control the situation in the best intrests of his child.

I am ignoring the child issue (Can you imagine a tired, hungry, or sugar filled 3 yr old on a tv set?) right now, as well as the seeming imposibility of some random woman moving to Seattle to establish a lasting relationship with a man & his young child in six weeks. It is too complicated for me to contemplate either reality

When I see how the kid thing plays out, obviolusly it will affect my impression of Jason the man, fairly or unfairly.
    Very well said! As much as I think of Jason and the type of person that I found him to be on B4, I am nervous for him to be the bach. He really seems like a super guy who is genuine. He most certainly could find someone for him in Seattle, but he was given this opportunity and obviously thinks that it is worth trying this way again. That is his choice, and I wish him well. Myself I would rather see him find someone for him not by the Fleiss editing and manipulations, but he chose to go this route and it is his life. I hope that he stays far away from the message boards, as I am sure like other seasons there will be many hurtful things said concerning him, the women and so on.

In the end of his show, I do hope that he walks away with a fantastic woman and that things work out well with the two of them. I also hope that however Ty is shown in this season that it will be tastefully done. I don't believe that Jason is doing this show for fame or for the money. He seems sincere in his quest to find the right woman for him, and who will be great with Ty as well. having said that, GO JASON!!!!!!
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go." ~ Oscar Wilde

SUNNY PEACH.......................DI TTO ditto ditto
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Closed Thread