Closed Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

His parents have decided that however Ty is involved will be appropriate, not harmful, and probably fun. As of now, we don't know what is on ABC docket and hopefully Jason will control the situation in the best intrests of his child.

I am ignoring the child issue (Can you imagine a tired, hungry, or sugar filled 3 yr old on a tv set?) right now, as well as the seeming imposibility of some random woman moving to Seattle to establish a lasting relationship with a man & his young child in six weeks. It is too complicated for me to contemplate either reality

When I see how the kid thing plays out, obviolusly it will affect my impression of Jason the man, fairly or unfairly.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Well said JELLE - I completely agree with you on this one - until we actually see how Ty is worked into the show - who are we to judge. I have no doubt that Ty's presence will be done in good taste - just as it was last season - IMHO tho
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3184976;
    Well said JELLE - I completely agree with you on this one - until we actually see how Ty is worked into the show - who are we to judge. I have no doubt that Ty's presence will be done in good taste - just as it was last season - IMHO tho
    I respect that is your opinion. I don't think it was good taste to show a little boy crying his eyes out as his daddy said goodbye. They didn't have to film it, and they certainly didn't have to air it. I hope Jason was horrified when he saw that and he's insisting on total control over how they use his son on the show in the future. I am not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelle
    I am ignoring the child issue (Can you imagine a tired, hungry, or sugar filled 3 yr old on a tv set?) right now, as well as the seeming imposibility of some random woman moving to Seattle to establish a lasting relationship with a man & his young child in six weeks.
    It says in the press release he lives with his son and his brother, so I think that was a warning: the brother is part of the deal. Jason told DeAnna about his brother living with him, and admitted that he felt like he was babysitting him. Nice! What young woman wouldn't want to jump into that living situation? That is another reason why I hope he has the sense to save the proposal for ATFR (or even later), when they have a better idea of whether or not it will actually work. We shall see!

Little ones cry - that is a reality - and this is a reality show - right??

As far as Jason's brother - I doubt very much that a menage twa is part of the deal.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

The show is about ratings and I really don't expect anything to be done in "good" taste unless Jason was a very good negotiator.

I don't trust TPTB either, and I hated the use of the child as an edit ploy, but I refuse to let my concerns about the real situation, after the final rose, to ruin my enjoyment of either the show or figuring out "who done it."

I am not one who fell in love with a cute 3 yr old, hope I see very little of the child, and instead see some interesting, attractive qualities about the man.

As far as Jason's brother - I doubt very much that a menage twa is part of the deal.
    Okay ... that is funny
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

I agree with Cape. I don't think abc would want to jump into a situation in which the brother of "the bachelor" is part of the deal. It is probably for convenience - helps Jason with taking care of Ty and provides accomodations for the brother who hasn't gotten a place of his own yet. No reason to think at this point that the brother is going to live there permanently. I thought Ty's part in Deanna's show was handled tastefully - he is a big part of Jason's life - and probably the producers had an idea early on (remember Ellen's comment that he should be the next bachelor ?) that he might make a good "Bachelor" - so they were presenting a lot of him to test the waters. Many of of us liked Jason - thoguht he was a warm, sincere, articulate guy - and it would be nice to see a success story on this show. I hope it works out for him - but I also hope and I don't think we will - that we don't get innundated with TY footage.

FORT Newbie

I agree with Cerese. Housing is very expensive in the Kirkland area for both rentals and home ownership (as I investigated on the internet). Jason seems like a practical person so having the brother share housing expenses only makes since. The brother can help watch Ty why Jason goes to the grocery store, run errands, etc. like any normal household would do if it was a married couple. The brother has a girlfriend according to Jason's myspace website so am sure he will make other arrangements if Jason finds a solemate.

Quote Originally Posted by marstokyo;3185138;
    I respect that is your opinion. I don't think it was good taste to show a little boy crying his eyes out as his daddy said goodbye. They didn't have to film it, and they certainly didn't have to air it. I hope Jason was horrified when he saw that and he's insisting on total control over how they use his son on the show in the future. I am not holding my breath.

It says in the press release he lives with his son and his brother, so I think that was a warning: the brother is part of the deal. Jason told DeAnna about his brother living with him, and admitted that he felt like he was babysitting him. Nice! What young woman wouldn't want to jump into that living situation? That is another reason why I hope he has the sense to save the proposal for ATFR (or even later), when they have a better idea of whether or not it will actually work. We shall see!
    Seriously.... are you for real? I am pretty sure that Jason is living with his brother to cut down on living expenses and assist with Ty. I doubt very highly that the day that Jason gets married or moves in with a woman, that his brother will stay living with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3185143;
    Little ones cry - that is a reality - and this is a reality show - right??

Thank you Capegal, Cerese & gvaughn65!

I know we all have different opinions... and that is OK! But that was a little bit of a strech in my opinion.
    Last edited by WickedFan1230; 09-01-2008 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3182948;
    Plus, with Jason as the Bachelor I have no enthusiasm - it is like well, that fantasy can't possibly be fulfilled. There are too many considerations to even attempt a realistic scenario there.

They should have selected Jeremy or someone completely new - what is abc thinking???? Numbers, it is all about the $$$$$ - They see his fanship has continued, so even though we are supportive of him as a single dad and sympathetic of what he has gone through - abc feels "hey, we have numbers $$$$ who cares about the rest!". Well, I do. A single guy or gal finding true love is always a "maybe" but a single dad is beyond likelihood.
    I am disappointed.
    I completely agree ~ with Jason as The Bachelor if would be unrealistic, even irresponsible, to root for a "fantasy"/marriage proposal ending.

Not that a single father isn't as capable or as deserving as anyone else of finding love, rather that it would be irresponsible for him to do so in such a short period of time. How could any man propose to a woman that didn't even know his child!

When I watch the show, I am looking for romance and a fairytale ending (well, that and a goodie bag)......I want to sit on the edge of my seat waiting for a proposal. Now I find myself in a strange situation with Jason as Bachelor 13, as I can't root for a marriage proposal in this short period of time because of a child being involved.

Beyond that, I would actually lose respect for Jason if he DID propose, so, for me, it's going to be a weird season.

Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Jason, I'm just not sure I like him as the next bachelor.

Closed Thread