Closed Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 310

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

  1. #101
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    15,826

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3183584;
    Accepting the proposal at the end is not really getting engaged. It is a yes to continue the relationship.
    Well then, they really need to stop with the ring shopping and handing out the diamond rings, because those big rocks are "engagement" rings, not "yes to continue the relationship" rings.
    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    It is just a set up for the show and not valid in the real world. The is the big unspoken agreement and they all know it. Engagements are easily broken as we see each season.
    You are right, and that was exactly my point. It's all for whatever makes the best TV, and that's why I think it's sad that people get so invested in these so-called "love stories", because they are pretty much all fake relationships put out there purely for entertainment. I'll believe Jesse and DeAnna are real when I actually see the wedding, because May '09 a loooong ways away.

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie
    When you seriously date a divorced man with a child you get to see first hand how they manage the shared custody and how that feels to you. You are slowly introduced into the situation. I am not sure it would be productive or appropriate to sit down and have a talk with the ex about the details of her failed marriage.
    I have seriously dated a divorced man with two children and I did have the opportunity to talk with his ex, and I am very glad I did because it turned out to be a good thing I did not marry him. It obviously works differently for different people depending on the family dynamics, but I stand by what I said, and I don't think any of this is in the best interest of that child. I don't have a lot of respect for Jason for exposing a small child to this a second time.

  2. #102
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,891

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3183808;
    I don't have a lot of respect for Jason for exposing a small child to this a second time.
    Neither do I, frankly. The blogs I've read on the 'Net insist Jason is the most sincere bachelor we've had, that he's truly, truly looking for a wife and (step)mother to his child. I think that's baloney. I think he's looking for his share of reality tv famedom, coupled with the chance to live it up with a bunch of beautiful women and have them all vying for his attention. I stand by my belief that if he truly wanted to find a lovely person he would be able to do so in Seattle, particularly now after he's had his heart broken on national tv. There are literally thousands of women who are ga-ga for this guy. He can't find a date? Puhleeze!

    There are plenty of men out there who would trade places with him in a heartbeat as his life is NOW. Men who would love to be the object of that much adoration. He doesn't need to go on the Bachelor to find his true love. That has about a snowball's chance in you-know-where of actually working. I realize he's spewing the appropriate language to fit the Bachelor story, but I for one am not going to actually believe what he's selling. Nope.

  3. #103
    Reality TV... Here I am! Stuck_on_myTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    305

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Quote Originally Posted by marstokyo;3178912;
    Wait a second, is the reporter serious? That seems like a really big thing to joke about, and there's no hint that it's just a joke. I admit I didn't pay much attention to Jason stuff during the B4 season, but I hadn't heard even a peep about this.

    com'on!!!!

    how long before he joined The Bachelorette must Jason be single????

    All this article smells mean jealousy to me!

    I bet anyone who is now as popular as Jason would be just over excited by the whole thing

    Jason did not call her? BID DEAL!!!!! Wake up girl, this happens a lot in real life!

    If he dated a divorcee before the bachelorette, then I am sure it was over when he joined B4!

    Some people are just too naive and jsut wait the first nasty article to jump on conclusion

    I know someone who know someone who met someone who is golfing

    YEAHHHHH GIVE ME A BREAK!!! lollllll

  4. #104
    Reality TV... Here I am! Stuck_on_myTV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    305

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Funny to read that some people are so against Jason Mesnick and the show in general but yet will be the first people in front of their TV to watch the show!

    For me, I really must enjoy what I see on TV. What's the point to complain about it all the time... before, during and after?

  5. #105
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,891

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Oh of course I'll watch it, for the snark basically. I love the big hairdos and the glitzy prom dresses. I hoot at the ever more bizarre ways the bachelorettes try to get TB's attention on the first night (rotting eggs, anyone?). I roll my eyes at the liberal use of "soul mate" and "process" and "connection" (drink!). I love reading all the posts on the sleuthing boards about hair length, fingernail size and shadows during the FRC. I watch for entertainment and I come to FORT because it makes watching so very much more fun.

    I'm not thrilled with Jason Mesnick because to me he oozed desperation during TB'ette and as I've said before his over-eagerness and his bum wiggle and his jumping up and down like a little kid just struck me as weird and not something I've seen a grown man with a child do. Different strokes for different folks. To some watchers he epitomizes sincerity and goodness. To me he's just another guy excited about dating lots of beautiful women and being the star of the show. Cynical? Probably but I've seen too many before him (I'm looking at you, Blob, Jesse, and Prince What's-his-name) to think Jason is that much different.

    Snarking is the fun part! It's when I get too invested in the outcome (Jen, I'm looking at you this time) that I don't find it fun. So now I've learned to just sit back and enjoy the entertainment.

  6. #106
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    523

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3184184;
    Oh of course I'll watch it, for the snark basically. I love the big hairdos and the glitzy prom dresses. I hoot at the ever more bizarre ways the bachelorettes try to get TB's attention on the first night (rotting eggs, anyone?). I roll my eyes at the liberal use of "soul mate" and "process" and "connection" (drink!). I love reading all the posts on the sleuthing boards about hair length, fingernail size and shadows during the FRC. I watch for entertainment and I come to FORT because it makes watching so very much more fun.

    I'm not thrilled with Jason Mesnick because to me he oozed desperation during TB'ette and as I've said before his over-eagerness and his bum wiggle and his jumping up and down like a little kid just struck me as weird and not something I've seen a grown man with a child do. Different strokes for different folks. To some watchers he epitomizes sincerity and goodness. To me he's just another guy excited about dating lots of beautiful women and being the star of the show. Cynical? Probably but I've seen too many before him (I'm looking at you, Blob, Jesse, and Prince What's-his-name) to think Jason is that much different.

    Snarking is the fun part! It's when I get too invested in the outcome (Jen, I'm looking at you this time) that I don't find it fun. So now I've learned to just sit back and enjoy the entertainment.




    I thought the bum wiggle was cute!!!

  7. #107
    searching for madness PrincessRight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    away from the maddening crowd
    Posts
    139

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    It seems that there are more cons than pros regarding Jason Mesnick’s decision to do B13.

    Let’s go back and trace the steps that brought Bachelor Jason:
    (1) He watched DeAnna’s rejection by Brad in B12.
    (2) After ABC announced Pappas as the new Bachelorette, Jason sent an e-mail to the producer(s) stating why he should be a contender for the Bachelorette’s heart.
    (3) Jason not only got picked as one of 25 bachelors, he survived all the RC’s except the last.
    (4) The Pappas show was edited to make the single dad look like DeAnna’s Choice, but his heart was broken on national TV.
    (5) After an emotionally charged ATFR where Jason confronted Pappas about the down-on-one knee proposal (which, just like the Jesse love story we never got to see... darn those editors!), he was offered to do the next Bachelor show.
    (6) Jason didn’t play hard-to-get because (a) he knows that golden opportunities don’t come knocking twice and he had to seize the moment, or (b) he just can’t say no to ABC’s love offering, or (c) all of the above.

    Is he doing the show for LOVE or MONEY? Many people think that he is doing it for the fame and cash payback. Some think that because he has a son, he should have just faded away in Seattle to mend his broken heart and bruised ego, and dated in private. Many more believe that because he is “recycled”, he will end up falling off the pedestal (no matter how SuperGlued his feet are to the podium), just like Bob, Jen, Meredith and DeAnna.

    Let’s not forget one “recycled” Trista who found her Ryan and who is now living a happy life in Vail. Who is to know that Jason will not find love after DeAnna and have the same happy ending as the original Bachelorette? In a world thriving on alienation of affections, it is so easy to remain skeptical about people’s authentic intentions for doing a show like The Bachelor. But in today’s world, integrity still matters. Jason, whether he wants to believe it or not, has the huge responsibility of not falling from (the fans’) grace because doing so can kill the future of this show.

    I would like to give Jason Mesnick the benefit of the doubt. I believe he is doing the show for love, not money. The way I see it, the man is fighting the fight of his life to be happy. Years from now, after Bachelor Jason is just a memory, he will look back at this time with fondness because it was when he threw caution to the winds to find what has been missing in his life. If he finds her, it was worth all the hate mail. If not… well, at least he tried! I for one would like to hope that Jason Mesnick would break The Bachelor jinx and be known for making 13 a very lucky number.
    "If the only prayer you say in your entire life is Thank You, that would be enough."
    Meister Eckhart
    "God can dream a bigger dream for you than you can ever dream for yourself."
    Oprah Winfrey

  8. #108
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3183808;
    Well then, they really need to stop with the ring shopping and handing out the diamond rings, because those big rocks are "engagement" rings, not "yes to continue the relationship" rings.
    You are right, and that was exactly my point. It's all for whatever makes the best TV, and that's why I think it's sad that people get so invested in these so-called "love stories", because they are pretty much all fake relationships put out there purely for entertainment. I'll believe Jesse and DeAnna are real when I actually see the wedding, because May '09 a loooong ways away.
    For me, it is not the ring but the intent behind it. To me it is just a TV show and I don't get invested. I expect a ring to be given and I expect them to break up. I think those who do get emotionally hooked enjoy doing that.

  9. #109
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3183808;
    I don't have a lot of respect for Jason for exposing a small child to this a second time.

    That is exactly what I have a problem with as well. Why expose this little boy to MORE media garbage when Jason could find someone in Seattle much easier?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  10. #110
    FORT Fanatic Flori da's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    611

    Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

    I, too, had serious reservations about Jason as The Bachelor mainly because of Ty, and I still do to some extent. I don't want to see him portrayed as the wounded party or to see Ty exploited. I think TBTB will be walking a fine line with this one. But I don't doubt Jason's reason for doing the show.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.