Closed Thread
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Mesnick - Bachelor 13- NO Spoilers

FORT Newbie

Re: Jason's the next Bachelor!

Jason reminds me of the kind of guy who may have shaved his head to show support for someone in the family, a friend or co-worker who was going thru chemo. Just one idea since his hair has grown back now.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by marstokyo;3178908;
    Here's my problem with the whole engagement expectation with this show and how it's different with Jason as the bachelor. I wouldn't be able to accept an engagement from a divorced man without meeting the mother of his child and talking to her privately and extensively, woman to woman. I'd want to hear her side of the story, see how it matches up with my boyfriend's version. I wouldn't take everything she said as gospel, because people can lie or distort the truth, but it'd be enlightening. I'd also need to be sure we get along, because we'd be sharing custody of a child. I couldn't make the leap to engagement without knowing these things.
    This is an excellent point, and a big part of the reason why I think Jason is a bad choice for the Bachelor. They really need to stop promoting this as a show where two total strangers will become engaged at the end, and we all need to stop expecting it. There is no way any woman with any brains in her head would accept an engagement from this man without knowing the things that marstokyo said in the above post. It's too important for her own sake and for the welfare of that child.

Which is why I now view the show as pure entertainment, with actors, a script, story lines, etc. Even with Deanna and Jesse I felt this way, and I really liked Jesse and was happy with her choice. I guess it's because most of the dialogue feels like it's fed from the writers and producers, and nothing actually feels real about it. Sure there are moments (Ian and Mer in the hammock comes to mind) but as the seasons go on those moments are fewer and farther between for me. So I'll watch the show but most definitely without any rose-coloured glasses about the validity of the outcome. Yes, Trista got lucky and I'm happy for her, but this show, to me, is about entertainment not about true love.

I think that by now the "regular" followers of the show know that the engagement at the end of the show is just "for show". (Just like on other gameshows, the prize is yours if you can pay the taxes on it! LOL) Engagements on The Bachelor/ette are like pie crust... easily made, easily broken. It's just their way of saying I choose you, let's see if this works in "real" life.

If I were in Jason's shoes, I would shield Ty away from the "engagement" word. I would keep saying that this is "daddy's friend or girlfriend" for a while until he was certain that his F1 is trully going to work out after the filming is over. Heck, I wouldn't tell him that I am getting married until the date is set. Ty is young enough that he really won't understand or, quite frankly, care either way.

We may get a different result this time, but chances are we won't. But I still like to be optimistic... it helps me enjoy the show as it goes on. Then when I read in USWeekly 3 months later that they have broken up, I'll just say "another one bit the dust... When does the next season start?" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gvaughn65;3180966;
    Jason reminds me of the kind of guy who may have shaved his head to show support for someone in the family, a friend or co-worker who was going thru chemo. Just one idea since his hair has grown back now.

Maybe he got his hair cut for the same reason that most youngish guys get their hair cut. It's supposed to be the "cool" thing to do or because it gets hot in the Summer and they don't want to mess with longer hair.

There is no guarantee that they will PR this upcoming Bachelor by dangling an engagement carrot at the end - may change direction on this one - who knows.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3182420;
    This is an excellent point, and a big part of the reason why I think Jason is a bad choice for the Bachelor. They really need to stop promoting this as a show where two total strangers will become engaged at the end, and we all need to stop expecting it. There is no way any woman with any brains in her head would accept an engagement from this man without knowing the things that marstokyo said in the above post. It's too important for her own sake and for the welfare of that child.
    Plus, with Jason as the Bachelor I have no enthusiasm - it is like well, that fantasy can't possibly be fulfilled. There are too many considerations to even attempt a realistic scenario there.

They should have selected Jeremy or someone completely new - what is abc thinking???? Numbers, it is all about the $$$$$ - They see his fanship has continued, so even though we are supportive of him as a single dad and sympathetic of what he has gone through - abc feels "hey, we have numbers $$$$ who cares about the rest!". Well, I do. A single guy or gal finding true love is always a "maybe" but a single dad is beyond likelihood.
    I am disappointed.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3182420;
    Accepting the proposal at the end is not really getting engaged. It is a yes to continue the relationship. It is just a set up for the show and not valid in the real world. The is the big unspoken agreement and they all know it. Engagements are easily broken as we see each season.

When you seriously date a divorced man with a child you get to see first hand how they manage the shared custody and how that feels to you. You are slowly introduced into the situation. I am not sure it would be productive or appropriate to sit down and have a talk with the ex about the details of her failed marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3183584;
    Accepting the proposal at the end is not really getting engaged. It is a yes to continue the relationship. It is just a set up for the show and not valid in the real world. The is the big unspoken agreement and they all know it. Engagements are easily broken as we see each season.

When you seriously date a divorced man with a child you get to see first hand how they manage the shared custody and how that feels to you. You are slowly introduced into the situation. I am not sure it would be productive or appropriate to sit down and have a talk with the ex about the details of her failed marriage.
    I agree, and I speak from expierience... I married a man with a four year old child. Her mother and I are very friendly to each other. We don't hang out, we are not BFF's but we certainly have good communication. I have NEVER spoken to her about my husband and her relationship or why they broke up. That was WAY before me, I had nothing to do with it, it's not my business, so it's a non-issue... as it should be in this case also. Yes as a step-mother you have to respect that the child has a mother and a father, and that you are still an important figure of influence in that childs life. Now today I love my step-daughter dearly (she is a Jr. in High School now!), I have 3 children of my own, and we have a very "normal" family setup and are very happy. It can be done, and it is not hard at all if you really try and want it to work!

If Jason gets a lasting relationship out of this season, it is up to his F1 to ask him about his former relationship and he should tell her. She has a right to ask and know. That F1 should trust what he says and concentrate on her "present" relationship with him. There is no use on dwelling in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFan1230;3183666;
    I agree, and I speak from expierience... I married a man with a four year old child. Her mother and I are very friendly to each other. We don't hang out, we are not BFF's but we certainly have good communication. I have NEVER spoken to her about my husband and her relationship or why they broke up. That was WAY before me, I had nothing to do with it, it's not my business, so it's a non-issue... as it should be in this case also. Yes as a step-mother you have to respect that the child has a mother and a father, and that you are still an important figure of influence in that childs life. Now today I love my step-daughter dearly (she is a Jr. in High School now!), I have 3 children of my own, and we have a very "normal" family setup and are very happy. It can be done, and it is not hard at all if you really try and want it to work!

If Jason gets a lasting relationship out of this season, it is up to his F1 to ask him about his former relationship and he sherhould tell . She has a right to ask and know. That F1 should trust what he says and concentrate on her "present" relationship with him. There is no use on dwelling in the past.
    This is where I hope they bring in some mature ladies that are family oriented. It wouldn't bother me if they had women that had children and make this season real. I didn't want to see Jason be the bachelor but since he is I really do want to see a success story and it will not happen with a bunch of young girls who don't have a concept of what being a mother is...Ty is part of the package and they need to understand that upfront.

Closed Thread