Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

FORT Newbie

Matt and Shayne officially broken up

That was quicker than I thought, although not quick enough. Read it on Yahoo this morning, I'm too new to post a link but you can find it on their main page.

♥Ali♥Gia♥Rozlyn♥ OutsideLookinIn's Avatar

Re: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

Quote Originally Posted by TNTfamily;3144278;
    That was quicker than I thought, although not quick enough. Read it on Yahoo this morning, I'm too new to post a link but you can find it on their main page.
    I read this too on People magazine online ... Guess that it's officially out, these rumors can now be put to rest? Whew! Thank goodness it's over!
    "Unfortunately, I did not get any out of this big sex scandal that supposedly happened. If I had known that I was going to get accused of it, maybe I would have gone for it!" -- ROZLYN (Bachelor 14)
    -----------
    BRAD is still "THE HOTTEST Bachelor" ever!

Here is the article:
    Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

Latest Bachelor Returns to, Well, Bachelorhood
    By Natalie Finn
    Thu Jul 24, 1:46 PM PDT

We...are...shocked!

Former Bachelor Matt Grant and the recipient of his most important rose, actress Shayne Lamas, have broken off their engagement after publicly pretending that they were meant to be for two whole months, People reports.

"We tried hard to make it work but we realized that we were both heading in different directions," the duo said in a statement. "We truly care about each other and will remain close friends."

Just so long as they don't have to spend any time with each other, apparently.

The pair had been plagued by reports of trouble in paradise ever since Grant chose Lamas over Chelsea Wanstrath on the season finale of The Bachelor's 12th season, but each continued to deny that the fact that they were no longer living together or that they were never seen in the same place meant that they weren't still planning to tie the knot.

"This stuff makes us stronger," Grant, 27, said last month.

No word yet on whether Lamas, 22, returned the 2.85-carat sparkler her British beau used to seal the deal in May.

Anyway, that makes 10 out of 11 Bachelors (not including the not-ready-for-a-relationship Brad Womack) who have opted out of the matches they made during their stints on the ABC series.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I may need to be resuscitated.
    Thank goodness for 911.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3144425;
    I may need to be resuscitated.
    Thank goodness for 911.
    Just breathe- I know it was a real shocker. Totally took me for surprise
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I do feel bad for the Mayne supporters, I know some were hoping for a wedding this time around.

Me, I'm not surprised.

FORT Newbie

It seems that Shayne was cheating on Matt. :nono

ExtraTV.com | 'Bachelor' Breakup

FORT Regular

When Matt chose Shayne, it was all about her appearance and her kittylike (monkeylike) way with him. I think he was swept off his feet the way she cuddled up to him, etc..The other gals didn't act that way and he was overwhelmed.

Unfortunately, there wasn't much depth to her and she probably was only interested in tv coverage and she IS an actress. She was happy she "won"..and part of the competition is just that..a competition.

Too bad..He needed a much more mature woman. I'm sure his mother is happy.

Or perhaps it was Matt that was wondering what he had committed himself too and had a wondering eye - let's not put all the blame on Shayne - I suspect there is plenty to go around. Nor should we assume that either considered the engagement one "made-for-tv" only.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Jelle, I've always assumed just that - do you have information to the contrary?

Nor would I fault them for having a "made-for-TV" engagement. I think we're all beyond the point where we expect people to be in this "for the right reasons", aren't we? . Heck, I don't even watch this show for the right reasons - I know we're supposed to be looking for a love story, but cynical me just loves to ridicule all the ridiculous antics and staged drama!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast