Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

Re: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

It really ticks me off that all of us chelsea fans called this ages ago and were attacked for calling shayne and matt fake..and saying it would NEVER last. Looks like we were right...
    I'm totally applying to work for 1-800-ms-cleo immediately.

The thing I found confusing is Matt never went back to his job in banking, now he seems to want an acting career. I just don't think it would have matter who he picked. I think Chelsea was the lucky one

Quote Originally Posted by Myst13;3153710;
    The thing I found confusing is Matt never went back to his job in banking, now he seems to want an acting career. I just don't think it would have matter who he picked. I think Chelsea was the lucky one
    There was speculation from the very beginning that he wanted to explore an acting career. Why else would he leave his beloved Brittain to film a ridiculous Yankee dating show? It is filmed in LA. The land of Hollywood. And he was "awed" by Hollywood and its representatives.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

If he wants to break into acting then IMO he is no better or different than Shayne. At least she is from an established "Gollywood" family. Granted she may be going after stardom the wrong way but maybe all he saw was the Famous Last name and thought instant connection and opening doors. There's always two sides to a story and even I admit to not always seeing or thinking about this.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world

FORT Fogey

Most break up after this show. I don't find this surprising or comtemptable. It is just not a big deal. I will also add that I think a majority of reality show contestants are looking for opportunities in the media or a career boost. Nothing wrong with that either. This is a TV show to entertain viewers. I was entertained!

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3151520;
    I will never believe in monkey love again for as long as I live.
    Me either. For sure.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3158112;
    Most break up after this show. I don't find this surprising or comtemptable. It is just not a big deal. I will also add that I think a majority of reality show contestants are looking for opportunities in the media or a career boost. Nothing wrong with that either. This is a TV show to entertain viewers. I was entertained!

I agree. I just wish that the show wouldn't build the outcome as marriage and never-ending love. It just lets us all down and makes us frustrated. It should be billed as a dating show - no more, no less.

I suppose that is why many of us watch....to see if it really happen....even though we know that odds say it won't.

I think Shayne is getting a bumm rap in this whole deal. You would think she would be better at handling the press, but she is really lousy at it. It is just as plausible that Shayne is the one who believed in this everafter love and that it was Matt who had doubts. Matt is the one who supposedly said all the negative things about Shayne to Chelsea and led her on - that was not Shayne's doing. Was it Matt having doubts after the show? Was it Matt wanting distance? One side is just as easy to believe with this couple as the other. Their both looking for self-promotion. I find it hard to swallow what either of them say - their comments are only for more publicity.

As for the ring, I believe that ABC has a say in what the eventual outcome of the ring is ... probably more than either Shayne or Matt. Althought I don't know how successful they have been retrieving them in the past

Matt was clever on the tv show - his wit showed better than on The Bachelor. Perhaps he wants Chris Harrison's job Good luck with that
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3161034;
    I think Shayne is getting a bumm rap in this whole deal. You would think she would be better at handling the press, but she is really lousy at it. It is just as plausible that Shayne is the one who believed in this everafter love and that it was Matt who had doubts. Matt is the one who supposedly said all the negative things about Shayne to Chelsea and led her on - that was not Shayne's doing. Was it Matt having doubts after the show? Was it Matt wanting distance? One side is just as easy to believe with this couple as the other. Their both looking for self-promotion. I find it hard to swallow what either of them say - their comments are only for more publicity.

As for the ring, I believe that ABC has a say in what the eventual outcome of the ring is ... probably more than either Shayne or Matt. Althought I don't know how successful they have been retrieving them in the past

Matt was clever on the tv show - his wit showed better than on The Bachelor. Perhaps he wants Chris Harrison's job Good luck with that
    I am more positive that Matt came to the show looking for an entre to a TV talk show / hosting gig here or there (and a little Chick Action on the Side) than I am that Michael Phelps will win some more medals in Beijing. Matt told this to lots and lots of people. His agent Steve Zelenka is his new BFF. And by the way, his pal Matt Wells more or less posted the same thing at abc.com back in January, before filming began. It's not a crime, or even a fraud. It's just the reality of who would agree to do such a thing. Though they go casting around for people at bars and such, most of the applicants who meet the strict body type etc qualifications come to the show via the modeling and acting job sites.

I agree with you jllcaz However, Matt seems to come out of this as the good guy. Why? He seems to be the one who did the show as a steppingstone to further entertainment career. Shayne certainly didn't need to, yet she seems to get the blame for the fiasco.

I think both of them are rather goofey and endeering in their own ways, but I am not sure I take what they say with more than the weight of a feather. (Nice image, huh?)
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast