Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

FORT Fan

Re: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

You are exactly right.............more media time would be the ONLY reason she would do it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3149527;
    I'll bet Shayme would go along with it, just for the TV time.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3149648;
    One person's delight is another person's disappointment. I Thought Matt was the wittiest and most articulate of all the Bachelors and could not believe that he intended to marry one so superficial as Shayne. It appeared to me that every interview they gave was a struggle for him to answer the questions according to ABC's script. I am so relieved that I don't have to see them together again. She must be thrilled that now there is nothing keeping her from really being a girl gone wild.

No person in his/her right mind is any where near ready to make a commitment for anything other than maybe dinner and a movie after being on that show.

I hope he gets to host more shows like the one he did on Monday

Primetime in No Time - Yahoo! TV - A Recap of Last Night's TV Shows

He was very amusing. He must feel as though he just had a bad marriage annulled. It will be interesting to see what type of woman he dates when left to his own devices.
    I always liked Matt. I loved his dry sense of humor. I think like Deanna's show this season became about the final guys, on the show (Jason, Graham, Jeremy, etc...) Matt's season became about Shayne, the pro vs. anti Shayne fans, the Meep fans, (she was the Graham of her season), and the Chelsea fans. It became less about Matt. He never developed a true strong fan base. But I always liked him. I liked him with Shayne too. I just think she was younger in maturity and experience, and didn't know what she wanted yet. (even though she convinced herself she did) Except obviously she wants to keep her ring in a little glass box.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3149490;
    Way to back her into a corner Matt! She'll pretty much have to auction it for charity now.
    I wish Matt did not want a career in Hollywood. He's got to be dying to really tell all about his experience on The Bachelor, but he's not going to bite the hand that feeds him. He'll be quiet vis a vis the network, and Fleiss. But I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from him regarding Shayne.

Completely agree. Matt, if you're lurking, that was well played!! Hopefully she hasn't already pawned it, "glass box" and all.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Matt's comments about Shayne and the ring are very funny. I wonder how much more of the truth will emerge? I think Matt's concerns about Shayne early on in the show were actually right on target. Sometimes it is best to listen to your gut! I think Shayne is young and very hollywood. I think Matt is a fine man who was quite taken with her beauty and wanted to believe her feelings were deep and real. They both saw in each other what they wanted to see and it was mostly illusion. I think Shayne saw Matt as a father figure who would always "take care of her" financially and otherwise. In reality, Matt is still starting out in his career and, although he is solid, is just a regular guy, not up to being someone's savior. I think Matt saw Shayne as more giving and innocent than she is and he overlooked her shallow tendencies. Some of Matt's interests (politics, world events, etc.) are just not topics he could have ever covered with Shayne. The basis of the engagement was all about TV. Obviously, reality caught up with them as it tends to do. . . I think they were ill-suited for each other but I wish them both every happiness with future relationships.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3150427;
    Matt's comments about Shayne and the ring are very funny. I wonder how much more of the truth will emerge? I think Matt's concerns about Shayne early on in the show were actually right on target. Sometimes it is best to listen to your gut! I think Shayne is young and very hollywood. I think Matt is a fine man who was quite taken with her beauty and wanted to believe her feelings were deep and real. They both saw in each other what they wanted to see and it was mostly illusion. I think Shayne saw Matt as a father figure who would always "take care of her" financially and otherwise. In reality, Matt is still starting out in his career and, although he is solid, is just a regular guy, not up to being someone's savior. I think Matt saw Shayne as more giving and innocent than she is and he overlooked her shallow tendencies. Some of Matt's interests (politics, world events, etc.) are just not topics he could have ever covered with Shayne. The basis of the engagement was all about TV. Obviously, reality caught up with them as it tends to do. . . I think they were ill-suited for each other but I wish them both every happiness with future relationships.
    If I believed there was any reality to B12, I'd agree with everything you've said. However, I'm of the conspiracy persuasion, and firmly believe shayne was always F1, to ensure better ratings with a proposal and acceptance. However, little miss shayne has bitten the hand (fleiss) that fed her (a 2.5 carat diamond ring) with her antics after the show and now even our boy Matty can't stand her.

BTW, where's Drama101 (her mom) these days?

Quote Originally Posted by smilingmomof3;3150427;
    I think this says it all very well!
    I think because Matt was in a position of power during the show, Shayne was attracted to him all the more; when they were on equal footing - her illusion changed dramatically.
    I have always thought people are usually on their "best behavior" about 3 months into a new relationship, after which their true nature starts to emerge.
    Perhaps if the producers had not coerced him (allegedly) into keeping Shayne after the Las Vegas date, we might had had a different ending and he would/could still be with someone? I've heard rumors that the breakup was hard for him.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

In the print copy of US Weekly there are a few more quotes from Shayne. Basically saying their lives just didn't mesh. Also she says that they have been separated "for a while" and that they remain close friends. There's also a very unflattering small picture of Shayne with the Vegas guy where she appears to be kissing him on the cheek.

They've broken up? I'm devastated, just devastated! I thought their sweet, sweet love would last forever and ever and their happiness was assured by virtue of stars aligning and because both of them were ridiculously stupid equally monkey-like and so well matched!! Sigh. I guess my dream for their eternal happiness must now die a gruesome death. I will never believe in monkey love again for as long as I live.

Yeah, I'm not surprised.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

shayne posted this on her myspace:

My Friends,

The Plain and simple truth is that I will always love Matt Grant. Although I am in the public eye, I do not feel that my feelings and emotions need to be shared publically at this time. I hope that everyone will respect Matt and my feelings at this time. Matt and I are still very close, and that will not change. Comments made to the press, have been twisted and changed.

So, for now, please understand that this is a delicate time for the both of us, and I will not be making any comments or answering any mail about Matt and I.
    "Be kinder than necessary for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

FORT Newbie

Yes, this did last much longer than I expected but honestly I must admit I'm a bit giddy at the whole ordeal.

As for anything out of Shayne's mouth, she's full of more crap than a Christmas Turkey. Matt's not exactly perfect but he dodged a bullet there that's for sure.

And still, after all of this, the hardcore fans are dead set on seeing these two be together. Oi. Let it go already.
    Last edited by unclewallys; 08-02-2008 at 12:10 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast