Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

I always thought F1 got to keep the ring too. But a friend said she thought Sarah Stone had to give hers up. I did some searching, and all I could find was an interview with her from Oct 2006 (in the thread "Where's Travis Now?") where she said the the true ownership of the ring was in question, and she couldn't talk about it until after March 2007.

Whether or not the ring gets to be kept could be changed from season to season. Since I'm a big believer that B12 was a sham, I think it's entirely possible that Shayme was told that if she made it to F1, she could keep the ring as payment for her services.

Looks like Matt and Shayne are speaking out, separately, to People.

Bachelor Matt Grant: It’s Not Cool to Keep My Ring - PEOPLE TV Watch

The Bachelor

Bachelor Matt Grant: It’s Not Cool to Keep My Ring
    July 30, 2008

Despite his ex-fiancée’s public claims, Bachelor Matt Grant is definitely not okay with Shayne Lamas keeping their engagement ring.

“It wasn’t a ‘gift’ so much,” the Birtish-born financier tells PEOPLE. “It’s not a television or a handbag. It’s a symbol of marriage that didn’t happen.”

Lamas, 22, recently told PEOPLE she planned to keep the 2.85-carat Tacori platinum-and-diamond eternity ring “safe and clean and in a glass box — like a glass slipper.” She claimed Grant was fine with that, adding, “He wants to come over and look at it.”

But the star of The Bachelor: London Calling insists that conversation never took place.

“We never discussed this,” he says. “I never said it was cool to just keep it. If she said we spoke about it, she just made it up. Sometimes she thinks she can say anything and I’ll go along with it.”

Almost as soon as the final rose was presented, Grant and Lamas were dogged by rumors of romantic discord. They finally announced their split earlier this month.

Grant, 27, says he doesn’t want the ring back. But he does think Lamas — daughter of TV’s Lorenzo Lamas — should auction off the bauble for charity.

“Let’s have something good come out of this,” he explains. “Why hold onto it? What’s the point?”

Grant’s new proposal: Auction off the ring and have each donate their half of the proceeds to a favorite charity. (Grant’s pet cause is the abolition of puppy mills).

Grant says that the show’s sponsors paid for the engagement ring, which he valued at $65,000. So it’s not his money at stake.

“But at the end of the day, it was mine to give to her,” he argues. “And thus I’m like, ‘C’mon!’ I’m sure Shayne will agree it’s best going to charity.” –Bryan Alexander
    Last edited by casualfan; 07-30-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Interesting article, Casualfan. Thanks for posting it. I like Matt's idea that they auction off the ring and then each gets half to put towards a favorite charity. It sounds like Shayne is being less than truthful if she is saying that Matt is okay w/her keeping the ring when he claims that they never talked about it. I like how he said that she sometimes says things and just thinks he will go along w/it, lol! I am glad that some of this is starting to come out and the true nature of their relationship and Shayne's character are coming to light.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." ~ Elizabeth Stone

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3149209;
    Looks like Matt and Shayne are speaking out, separately, to People.

Bachelor Matt Grant: Itís Not Cool to Keep My Ring - PEOPLE TV Watch
    I think that Judge Judy would agree with Matt on this one.
    When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself. ~Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by grneyedgirl;3149337;
    I think that Judge Judy would agree with Matt on this one.
    OMG could you see this one on Judge Judy, LMAO.

Way to back her into a corner Matt! She'll pretty much have to auction it for charity now.
    I wish Matt did not want a career in Hollywood. He's got to be dying to really tell all about his experience on The Bachelor, but he's not going to bite the hand that feeds him. He'll be quiet vis a vis the network, and Fleiss. But I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from him regarding Shayne.

[QUOTE=casualfan;3149209;]Looks like Matt and Shayne are speaking out, separately, to People.

'Grantís new proposal: Auction off the ring and have each donate their half of the proceeds to a favorite charity. (Grantís pet cause is the abolition of puppy mills).' (QUOTE]

Have to tell you, my opinion of Matt just went way, WAY up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gurlbrit;3149374;
    OMG could you see this one on Judge Judy, LMAO.
    I'll bet Shayme would go along with it, just for the TV time.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3149490;
    Way to back her into a corner Matt! She'll pretty much have to auction it for charity now.
    I wish Matt did not want a career in Hollywood. He's got to be dying to really tell all about his experience on The Bachelor, but he's not going to bite the hand that feeds him. He'll be quiet vis a vis the network, and Fleiss. But I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from him regarding Shayne.
    Very well said pajamasam,

It is sad that their relationship didn't last very long. Yet, the ring situation should be quite simple, since the engagement is broken off, the ring supplied by the show....it should be either given back to ABC, or auctioned for charity. I agree we'll be hearing more from Matt, and maybe Shayne as well in the near future. We all were hoping for a happy ending to Bachelor 12, and now it's hard to grasp all the aftermath of their brief engagement.

I'm hoping ......in my lifetime, that we'll be blessed with a real love connection. That's why I enjoy the show, despite the track record! Let's hope that Shayne & Matt can be civil with each other via the press. I did enjoy the show and look forward to Bachelor 13..

One person's delight is another person's disappointment. I Thought Matt was the wittiest and most articulate of all the Bachelors and could not believe that he intended to marry one so superficial as Shayne. It appeared to me that every interview they gave was a struggle for him to answer the questions according to ABC's script. I am so relieved that I don't have to see them together again. She must be thrilled that now there is nothing keeping her from really being a girl gone wild.

No person in his/her right mind is any where near ready to make a commitment for anything other than maybe dinner and a movie after being on that show.

I hope he gets to host more shows like the one he did on Monday

Primetime in No Time - Yahoo! TV - A Recap of Last Night's TV Shows

He was very amusing. He must feel as though he just had a bad marriage annulled. It will be interesting to see what type of woman he dates when left to his own devices.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast