Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

Re: Matt and Shayne officially broken up

I think I stopped watching the show for "romance" about the time Jesse Palmer aired.
    IDK--maybe it's part cynical and maybe just sick humor in me--but I think the show is funny.
    I also like the sleuthing. Once all the pieces fall into place--I lose interest real quick.
    I wish all the couples happiness, regardless of whether or not they last. Even under the best of conditions, only about 50% of marriages IRL make it, and we all know Fleiss does not equate the best of conditions.

I still keep thinking about the fact that Shayne's father and Fleiss are friends ... and that perhaps there was an "arrangement" wherein Matt and Shayne knew from day one that they would end up together (for rating's sake). I think once Deanna's happy ending aired, the pressure was off and the public farce could finally end. Shayne got her free publicity out of it, so it was a win/win for her. Fleiss got a little ratings boost and probably thinks their "love story" gave a lot of credence to the premise of the show -- for at least 2 months, anyway.

Bachelor Ex-Fiancée Shayne Lamas to Keep Engagement Ring
    July 29, 2008

The engagement has ended, but former Bachelor fiancée Shayne Lamas says she has every intention of keeping the ring.

In the first interview since announcing her split from The Bachelor: London Calling’s Matt Grant, Lamas says she has prepared a permanent home for the 2.85-carat Tacori platinum-and-diamond eternity ring now that it’s off her finger.

“I have it and I am going to keep it forever for the rest of my life,” Lamas tells PEOPLE. “It’s safe and clean and in a glass box like a glass slipper.”

And according to Lamas, Grant has no problem with that arrangement. “Of course (he doesn’t),” she says. “He wants to come over and look at it.”

Fans of the ABC reality show watched Grant get down on bended knee and present the ring to Lamas with the winning rose in the final episode of The Bachelor.

But a month after the episode aired, the two were no longer living together. While dogged with persistent Internet reports of discord, Lamas insists the two never had to deal with infidelity.

“I did not cheat on Matt,” insists Lamas. “I would never, ever cheat on Matt. He was my fiancé.”

The break-up came on the heels of reports that Lamas was spotted partying in Vegas with a local businessman. But according to Lamas, the two had already split by then.

“I want to clear this up 100 percent. That [Vegas trip] had nothing to do with our break-up,” says Lamas. “I was in Vegas with friends. Matt and I had already broken up. So I was a single 22-year-old woman having fun.”

Upon her return from Vegas, Lamas says the couple announced their split to the public. Though they are no longer an item, Lamas insists she and Grant are still amicable and talk “daily.”

“If I find the man, I’ll do it,” says Lamas, who plans on being “single for a while,” but is not counting out marriage in the future. “But I’m going to give this the two-year test. And then marry him. I think I’ve learned that two months is a little too short.” –Bryan Alexander
    link

Good grief. Shayne's response sounds ridiculous...keeping it in a little glass box, and that Matt wants to come over and look at it. Stoopid.

Still, why not keep the ring. Matt didn't actually pay for it. He wouldn't give the same ring to another girl. I think the show should have a stipulation that they get the ring back in the event the couple splits within the first year. Waste of money IMO.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3148079;
    Good grief. Shayne's response sounds ridiculous...keeping it in a little glass box, and that Matt wants to come over and look at it. Stoopid.

Still, why not keep the ring. Matt didn't actually pay for it. He wouldn't give the same ring to another girl. I think the show should have a stipulation that they get the ring back in the event the couple splits within the first year. Waste of money IMO.
    Actually, if you are the ring recipient, it's not a waste of money at all.
    In fact, it could be a very good investment. I forget what they valued the ring's worth, but I remember it being a nice chunk of change. Puts a whole new spin on the word "winner" when referring to F1. Who needs love when they can have a down payment on a condo or home for making it to F1?
    The network probably doesn't pay for the ring anyway--it's probably given via free advertising from Tacori or whichever jeweler is the sponsor du jour.

I agree that the network probably doesnt have to pay Tacori for the ring. Nevertheless, I had always heard that the bachelorette has to give the ring back to the greedy network unless of course, the Bachelor paid for it himself (Aaron, Firestone, etc.) I guess that Shayne had a special arrangement with ABC that allows her to keep the ring .

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3148384;
    I agree that the network probably doesnt have to pay Tacori for the ring. Nevertheless, I had always heard that the bachelorette has to give the ring back to the greedy network unless of course, the Bachelor paid for it himself (Aaron, Firestone, etc.) I guess that Shayne had a special arrangement with ABC that allows her to keep the ring .
    I had never heard that they had to give the ring back.
    I thought Jen Wilson(PLo) got to keep hers.
    Interesting to hear that. Smart Monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3144657;
    I do feel bad for the Mayne supporters, I know some were hoping for a wedding this time around.

Me, I'm not surprised.
    Not surprised either, but I'm sorry for them nonetheless.
    ~"Sometimes you have to roll the hard six"~

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3148079;
    That one made me laugh too. Sorry, I know a breakup is no laughing matter, but the glass box thing is hilarious. a) I believe both of them should just... move on!, and b) It was a nice ring okay, but not the Hope Diamond and c) she should just return it to him, so he can give it back to ABC in case he didn't pay for it.
    ~"Sometimes you have to roll the hard six"~

wasnt there a liitle hoopla when Andy and his pick (sooo sorry cant remember her name) when they eneded it and ABC said they had to give the ring back since Andy didnt pay for it, they did and in the contracts it said that if you end the engagement the ring goes back to ABC.

so I would think it would be the same for Shayne.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast