+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Andrew Firestone got married

Andrew Firestone got married

LOS OLIVOS, Calif. (AP) -- "The Bachelor" is a bachelor no more. Andrew Firestone, star of the ABC-TV reality show, married Serbian model and actress Ivana Bozilovic Saturday, Firestone's publicist Alisha Mahon told The Associated Press.

"We're so happy right now, we can hardly stand it," the couple said in a statement to Usmagazine.com, which first reported the nuptials.

Firestone and Bozilovic wed at St. Mark's in the Valley Episcopal Church in Los Olivos, the central coast town where Firestone's family winery is based.

Firestone's 2003 proposal to Jen Schefft on the third season of "The Bachelor" was watched by millions and led to months of tabloid chatter afterward until the couple's breakup.

His engagement to Bozilovic was announced in October.

Link
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Re: Andrew Firestone got married

They're such a beautiful couple. Best of luck to them!
    ~"Sometimes you have to roll the hard six"~

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zinnia;3108475;
    LOS OLIVOS, Calif. (AP) -- "The Bachelor" is a bachelor no more. Andrew Firestone, star of the ABC-TV reality show, married Serbian model and actress Ivana Bozilovic Saturday, Firestone's publicist Alisha Mahon told The Associated Press.

"We're so happy right now, we can hardly stand it," the couple said in a statement to Usmagazine.com, which first reported the nuptials.

Firestone and Bozilovic wed at St. Mark's in the Valley Episcopal Church in Los Olivos, the central coast town where Firestone's family winery is based.

Firestone's 2003 proposal to Jen Schefft on the third season of "The Bachelor" was watched by millions and led to months of tabloid chatter afterward until the couple's breakup.

His engagement to Bozilovic was announced in October.

Link
    I am so happy for these two - sometimes the best way to find love is on your own in private without the help of TPTB. . . that's the way most of us do it and it works out great!
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

US Magazine had an article a few weeks ago about Andrew and Ivana. One thing that really impressed me is that they requested that their guests donate to directrelief.org (Andrew's mother is on the board of directors) in lieu of receiving wedding gifts for themselves. What a stark contrast to the report that Mariah Carey registered for very expensive gifts after her quickie engagement and marriage.

Here's a page on Direct Relief International's website that thanks Andrew & Ivana for their generosity in requesting gifts to be sent to the charity.
    Direct Relief International: Bozilovic-Firestone Wedding

Great news! I read even more about this in an article sent to me by a friend, but I can't find the link.

'Bachelor' Star Andrew Firestone Is Expecting A 'Honeymoon Baby!'

'Bachelor' Star Andrew Firestone Is Expecting a 'Honeymoon Baby!'

Former 'Bachelor' star Andrew Firestone is adding to his family! Andrew and wife Ivana are expecting their first child!

"We're just over the moon, we're so happy," 33-year-old Andrew tells Us magazine. "It's possible it's even a honeymoon baby!"

Firestone said goodbye to his bachelor lifestyle this past July when he married Ivana, 30. The couple has been dating since February 2005.

The baby is due in mid-April of next year.

The other information I read in the other article contained the following quotes from Andrew:

"We're just over the moon, we're so happy," the 33-year-old tells Us. "It's possible it's even a honeymoon baby!"

"As soon as we got married we wanted to start [trying] and we were very blessed and God willing, we were able to make it happen soon after the wedding!" Firestone tells Us.

"I was in a state of shock about a month ago when we found out," he recalls.

Ivana "had a feeling in the middle of the night so she got up and she took the pregnancy test and then came and jumped on the bed, screaming and yelling," Firestone says. "We ended up staying up the rest of the night, laughing and talking about it.

"Ivana's just been glowing and beaming," he adds.

"We've decided that we're not going to find out the sex of the baby," Firestone tells Us. "There's very few surprises left and I already wasted a big one on Ivana when I proposed to her. This will be our big life surprise."

Great HAPPY news! Congratulations to Andrew and Ivana!

Awww, that's so great. Andrew was always my favorite bachelor, and I'm so pleased for him and his wife.
    Congratulations Mickey and Pete!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Aw, great news for the newlyweds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3112269;
    US Magazine had an article a few weeks ago about Andrew and Ivana. One thing that really impressed me is that they requested that their guests donate to directrelief.org (Andrew's mother is on the board of directors) in lieu of receiving wedding gifts for themselves. What a stark contrast to the report that Mariah Carey registered for very expensive gifts after her quickie engagement and marriage.
    I am not sure exactly when and where it started, but the newlywed pioneers in the Old West were often given by friends and family in the community what was known as a "Pounding". The idea was that the guests would bring a pound of this or that ( such as flour) or a household staple in order to help the couple set up housekeeping.
    This might well be the forerunner to today's bridal showers and the custom of registering for wedding gifts. It is wonderful when a couple is already established or is financially able to reflect the gifts into another direction.
    At the same time that I recognize that Andrew and his bride do not need help getting started in their new life as a married couple, I applaud them neverthless for their generous effort to aid charity.

+ Reply to Thread