+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 12

Re: Final Thoughts on Bachelor 12

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3000360;
    I actually really enjoyed this season. I enjoyed most of last season until HWSNBN ruined it all. I enjoyed the first part of Andy's season, and then he started to grate on my last nerve. I hated the entire season that was Lorenzo, and the only reason I could make myself watch Travis's season was because I adored Moana.

This season, I really enjoyed. Perhaps because Brad and Andy lowered the standards so much...

But, I really liked Shayne and enjoyed following their story.

Do I honestly think they will last long-term? Not sure. But, I think they have the best potential to sense Charlie and Sara.
    I enjoyed this season so much b/c of the love story i saw between
    Matt and Shayne-I am like bama predicting a wedding in their future.

FORT Fan

Final thought on Bach 12? They should have left the whole season on the cutting room floor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;3002808;
    Final thought on Bach 12? They should have left the whole season on the cutting room floor.
    That is pretty much how I felt after the last few seasons (hmm.. Brad, Andy, Lorenzo, Travis...). At least we got what will hopefully be a great Bachelorette season out of Brad's waste of a season.

However, this season I really enjoyed. I liked Shayne. I thought she was equally as mature of most of the other women in the house despite her being one of the youngest. I know the success rate of this show, but I truly do hope that Matt and Shayne last a long time.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Just Sayin;3002819;
    That is pretty much how I felt after the last few seasons (hmm.. Brad, Andy, Lorenzo, Travis...). At least we got what will hopefully be a great Bachelorette season out of Brad's waste of a season.

However, this season I really enjoyed. I liked Shayne. I thought she was equally as mature of most of the other women in the house despite her being one of the youngest. I know the success rate of this show, but I truly do hope that Matt and Shayne last a long time.

I agree, loved this season. I think Matt and Shayne make an adorable couple and at the end of day if they make each other happy thats all that counts...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR;3001605;
    And a divorce!

Hmmm...final thoughts on this season. Fair warning -- this may be a long post!

I started out the season most interested in trying to sleuth out who was the F1. On first glance, Matt wasn't really my cup of tea. A bit too tall for my tastes and he was a boring English banker. He also didn't cook eggs shirtless in the kitchen So sleuthing it would be for me. I so enjoyed coming to the FORT as some hard at work sleuths figured out the identity of a few of the women, including one Shayne Lamas, daughter of Lorenzo aka Tom from Grease. The skeptic in me automatically decided that this girl must be in it for exposure. In any event, I vowed not to have a favorite as to be able to cut through all of the production mechanisms and edits and figure out the F1 gal!

The evening of the Where are They Now episode we got our first season preview, filled with "the craziest girls yet!" but more importantly our first caps to sleuth! The fun really began and soon after the women's bios were released. A beautiful bunch with some interesting professions, my personal favorite was the "hot dog vendor" (Erin S) and "Former Bush Aide" (Denise). And of course we had our required "Pharaceutical Sales Rep" (Chelsea) as well as those girls looking for exposure, the "singer/songwriter" (Ashley), the "childrens book author" who was no stranger to Hollywood and had dated an American Idol finalist (Holly), and of course the actress (Shayne). Before the airing of the first episode we almost had the first episode cuts nailed with the exception of the elusive Michele who made the first cut. Shayne, Chelsea and Amanda were determined to go very far, but how far wasn't quite determined.

Ahh, the first episode arrived! And wait a second -- wait just a second, this Bachelor is funny. Oh and a short glimpse of him in a rugby shirt with a shaved head had my mind changed pretty quickly on him being attractive. Maybe I'd be into this Bachelor after all? He met his 25 possible lifelong mates and even as craziness ensued with what I called "stupid dating tricks" the audience was introduced to the women who would make it far in the process. Chelsea arm wrestled and won, Amanda with the meeps, and Shayne the Hollywood actress. Chelsea was shown in a PI saying that "she wanted to walk away with this guy in the end", Amanda was shown in a PI saying that she "could really fall for this guy" and Shayne was shown in a PI talking about fighting for Matt's time and all the crazy antics that fight takes on. Matt talked about all 3 ladies as well, saying that Chelsea was fun and she impressed him, that he felt an immediate attraction to Shayne and that Amanda fit his ideal of the perfect woman. He gave Amanda the first impression rose and many Fort-ers had found a favorite. Personally, I liked all 3 even though my skepticism of Shayne was still there, albeit lessened a bit after the first episode, I had vowed no favorites, only sleuthing, so the real fun came with more caps from the season preview at the end of episode 1. With these caps, the fabulous sleuthers figured out practically every cut and with certainty we had a final 3 of Amanda, Chelsea and Shayne.

As the episodes went on, I saw a storyline developing with Matt and Shayne, and to a lesser extent with Matt and Chelsea. We saw little if any interaction between Matt and Amanda, which was a red flag for me in terms of storyline and Amanda's chances of making it into the F2. Each episode Shayne really impressed me, and actually after Vegas I was certain that she was not there for exposure, and she seemed normal to me. Shayne and Matt's date at the winery furthered my thoughts that Shayne must be in the Final 2. Meanwhile Chelsea was shown impressing Matt in Vegas and receiving the date rose and we also see her getting time at the rose ceremony. Still very little of Amanda. Chelsea and Shayne were my F2 after episode 3. Still no favorites, although I found myself really enjoying the "Shayne Show".

It was during the episode 4 rose ceremony that I had to admit to myself that I did have a favorite, and it was Shayne. The tender moment on the couch with she and Matt was unlike anything I saw with the other women at that point in the show, and actually throughout the whole show I never saw that tenderness with anyone else. Also during episode 4 Amanda and Matt had their date at the pier and there was no discussion of substance that we were shown -- furthering my conclusion that Amanda left at F3. Chelsea's storyline became more developed in episode 5 in the snow and while I respected her for speaking her mind in Sun Valley with Marshana, I also saw a more volatile side of her. To be clear, if anyone reads my posts I have only spoken positively about all of the women, when I say volatile I'm not saying it in an accusatory manner, more like not shying away from confrontation.

When it was time to meet the parents all of the families seemed great. Matt seemed to feel the most comfort with Shayne's mother who put a lot of effort into an English dinner. Shayne's interaction with her father brought tears to my eyes, as a "daddys girl" I would feel the same way she did. The fantasy dates arrived and I feared the backlash on the FORT when my suspicions were correct and Amanda was not given a rose. I said it then, and I'll say it again, sometimes two people who want the same things, seem compatible and are "ideal" are just not the right people for us. I had no problem with Amanda speaking her mind to Matt, she was obviously hurt and had expected to continue to develop a relationship with him. At the same time, listening to Matt's discussions with Chelsea and with Shayne there was so much more substance to them. So much more. Even with Chelsea being somewhat standoffish on their date, they discussed matters of substance with their feelings. With Shayne, they always had discussions over matters of substance. Our body language "experts" here seemed to see something different, and I respect their opinion, but that opinion has been off the past 2 seasons. I posted in that thread after the Sun Valley episode my thoughts on the body language with the 3 ladies and lo and behold they held true to the end. I'm not calling myself an "expert", but there are multiple opinions about body language and I hope that everyone gives weight to all of the opinions.

At the point of the airing of the final episode, most screencap evidence pointed to a final rose for Shayne. Yet in watching the episode, I found myself having doubts, just like TPTB want! I did find it interesting that Matt's mother referred to Chelsea as conducting a "sales job" and seemed to question her sincerity. While his mum seemed to really love Shayne and his father as well. Of course his brother seemed to favor Chelsea, but I wasn't sure if that's just because he would have dated her if he were single! The moment in the episode that sealed it for me was the giving of the gifts. Similar to Andy's season, one gift really illicited emotion from The Bachelor. He looked like he appreciated Chelsea's gift, and IMO it fit her personality. A cute gift. When Shayne gave him the ILY in the sand and her sitting in a heart (that was the bottom picture, not the one of her writing the ILY), he looked close to tears and his smile was huge. I believe Matt when he said he didn't know what he was going to do, I think he did feel love for both women, but when Shayne gave him what he was looking for, the love of an amazing woman, and Chelsea gave him a cute gift, it was game, set, match Shayne.

And at last the part I love and hate. I love the joy of the FRC with the final woman, but hate to see the F2 leave broken hearted. When Chelsea's foot stepped out of the limo, my heart already was sad for her. Matt's rejection wasn't the best of all of the rejections (oy, what a concept) but it wasn't the worst either. Chelsea seemed confused, but I was surprised that she didn't cry. I guess that's just me being an emotional person, but I bawled through many a rejection, in this one nothing. When he walked her out and they had their encounter near the cannons I was floored by her comments regarding Shayne, but gave her a pass because I think her heart was broken and instead of tears she seemed to deal with it by lashing out. I thought about past F2's, DeAnna, Jenni, Bevin, Sadie, all of them really left with such grace, I was actually a bit sad for Chelsea that she didn't.

The part I love, the happy couple Shayne was so nervous in the limo and walking up to Matt. Matt watched her make the cannon walk and I thought he was going to jump out of his shoes! I was struck right away by the difference in eye contact, which really had been there all season. Shayne was looking directly into Matt's eyes, kind of searching for reassurance. Chelsea had been looking to the side, kind of making eye contact, but nothing for longer than a brief moment. Watching Matt drop to one knee I started crying (not a shock). For those that think the proposal was scripted, watch again when Shayne's legs give out on her, you can see that they are shaking and then they give a bit. Mine have done the same thing in cases of extreme emotions. When he said "I love you" and she said it back I was nearly in bawl mode. It was just so sweet. Also the smile on his face when they break from their hug and he is about to give her the ring is absolutely awesome. Ahh, love. I love love.

Post show we have seen Chelsea's diary of the departed and we have also had some news on Shayne's front with her posing in GGW magazine. A lot to deal with for a new couple in love I would say. In regards to Chelsea's diary, at first I thought she was telling "her truth". When I say "her truth" I mean how she felt the experience. I'm sure that Matt said some things that he wishes he could take back, I also think she may have twisted what he did say. Only the two of them (and maybe some cameras) know for sure. I just recently learned though that she was directing people from her myspace page to her diary. I can understand spur of the moment comments when you are hurt, but to me by doing this two months after the fact, it just sounds vindictive. Like she maybe is a woman scorned. I don't know. Her post show interview with reality tv world told a bit of a different story and doesn't really mesh with the limo scene, so I don't know what to do think. I don't want to think badly of her as I liked her through most of the show, actually the entire show, but ripping someone else on national television is not good and trying to get more people to listen to it 2 months after taping is finished, while claiming to not be bitter is reprehensible, IMO. This is the one and only negative thing I will say about Chelsea, I'm not going to debate it, because I don't like negativity, but it does bear mentioning in my final thoughts.

Shayne's choice of posing for GGW was probably not the best decision she has made. I think aanjheni brought up yesterday that it's quite possible that she was manipulated by Francis, and I agree. I know that I've made many a mistake in my life. Some of them are so bad that I shudder when I think of what could have happened. My mistakes though are mine to bear and only my family and close friends would know about them. Here's a 22 year old woman who has admitted and aplogized to a bunch of strangers for her mistake. That takes courage. The pictures don't appear to be anything outrageous and there are many successful actresses now that have done much, MUCH worse in terms of showing their um wares.

Will Matt and Shayne make it? I have no idea At this point there are obvious hurdles to overcome, but if they think it's worth it to overcome those hurdles good for them! For me, I got what I wanted out of the season. Which is always to be entertained, and for me I got to see a love story again this season. And I liked it. I liked it a lot.

And to cap off this super, extra, crazy long post I do want to say it's been a joy posting with so many of you this season! simplechef, kashathediva, blondiegal, jelle, soccermama, catn3d, lynn7, aanjheni, cailg among others. Somtimes we agree, sometimes we don't, but I think for the most part we treat each other with respect and I appreciate that in you. I'm sitting out DeAnna's season, but for those of you hard at work on your sleuthing, good luck, have fun, and hopefully make some good friends

Oh and one more thing, please don't quote this entire post, it's way too long! Just pick the part you want to respond to and quote that, I don't want the board and the mods to end up hating me

ETA if you made it all the way to the end of this post I think I owe you a prize of some sort

Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR;3001605;
    Oh I definitely see a wedding. I noticed that she always referred to them as couple even before Matt made his decision; plus, they BOTH have said that they DO NOT want to live apart from each other. Come on wedding bells

I think if there will be a wedding it most certainly will be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;3004069;
    [B]I'm sitting out DeAnna's season, but for those of you hard at work on your sleuthing, good luck, have fun, and hopefully make some good friends[/
    You always have great posts and I will truly miss reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3004285;
    I think if there will be a wedding it most certainly will be televised.
    You wouldn't be thinking of the financial incentive, now would you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast