+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 5/12 'Finale' Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by sketchgrrl;2996367;
    When they walked out onto the Ellen set, Matt looked very serious but as soon as he realized he was on camera, he broke into a smile. When they sat on Ellen's couch, Matt had an open position, but Shayne crossed her legs away from him, towards Ellen. At one point, Matt put his arm on the sofa behind Shayne, but he removed it as soon as he thought their segment was over (but the camera was still on them). They talked about having two children and raising one in London and one in LA. They also talked about how Shayne locked him out on the balcony overnight after they watched the Chelsea final date together.

There was no mention of Girls Gone Wild, and I can't help but wonder how Matt feels about that.

Shayne said that her kissing guys in movies is acting, but Matt's kissing the girls on the show was "real."

I hope they are and will be happy. I continue to root for them. I wish I knew their birth info so I could look at their astrology charts.

Oh, Matt joked that they plan to broadcast all of their most important moments, like when Shayne gives birth to their children and his, Matt's funeral.

Ellen then quipped that by then, TV might indeed be broadcasting funerals.

Matt said in a radio interview that he'll be 28 in July.. I don't know if that helps at all .. but Shayne's birthday is November 9, 1985.

Well Matt might fit right in with her dad.. In a radio interview I listened to today.. the DJ invited him to the Play Boy Mansion, and Matt seemed eager to go.. I've heard that it's just about Lorenzo's second home.. So now the family has totally covered the rounds of smutt.. I just hope Matt enjoys this cause I don't think it's going to last long, unless he can close his eye's to the type of person she is.. I've read where she's cheated on her last two boy friends.. Matt will be no different and him being in London it will make it even easier for her to do it..

GGW is NOT an Upstanding Publication.. They are known for supplying drugs and alcohol to underage girls then lure them into exposing themselves and posing in compromising situations.. Plain and simple it exploits girls and I use the word girls because they for the most part are underage.. Just google girls gone wild and you can find the site for yourself..

Shayne has been around this crowd long enough, she knew full well what she was doing.. She's no better than her father.. She's using Matt, the poor guy thinks that she actually loves him.. He may be in love, but I don't believe for a minute that she is..

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2998021;
    After knowing each other for only a few weeks? If they had been dating exclusively for 6+ months I wouldn't argue this with you.

We were bored to death with him constantly kissing these women. If they had any worthwhile conversation, we would have seen it and we didn't. Shayne is too young and inexperienced at life to have meaninful discussions with a man like Matt. Her favorite things are shopping and Shayne. Matt called her on the dumb blond act and all she did was prove that it wasn't an act.
    She was prepared with that speech to Matt's mom, but it was just BS. Maybe someday she hopes for a strong marriage that lasts a lifetime, but she isn't ready yet and has no frame of reference for one when she does say "I do" to someone very different than Matt.

Time will tell what happens with them, but I'm not holding my breath for a wedding invitation.
    Imo, for two people to be locked up with each for 72 or more straight hours 5 or 6 times in a two month period has to include some very REAL bonding. If Shayne was THAT bad, why would Matt travel from LONDON just to be with her for three or four days and then fly back? That just doesn't make a lot of sense to me, not including why would ABC pay for it if they knew that it wasn't sincere. ETA that Matt also had to spend some time on the balony during some of his visits.
    Last edited by 2observe; 05-17-2008 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2998021;
    After knowing each other for only a few weeks? If they had been dating exclusively for 6+ months I wouldn't argue this with you.

We were bored to death with him constantly kissing these women. If they had any worthwhile conversation, we would have seen it and we didn't. Shayne is too young and inexperienced at life to have meaninful discussions with a man like Matt. Her favorite things are shopping and Shayne. Matt called her on the dumb blond act and all she did was prove that it wasn't an act.

She was prepared with that speech to Matt's mom, but it was just BS. Maybe someday she hopes for a strong marriage that lasts a lifetime, but she isn't ready yet and has no frame of reference for one when she does say "I do" to someone very different than Matt.

Time will tell what happens with them, but I'm not holding my breath for a wedding invitation.
    I happen to agree that she is too young for marriage and hasn't lived long enough to be wiser. However in all fairness, most of us don't live on our own from the time we are 17. There is something to be said for a street smart education. I think her work ethic was well established during the episodes.

Perhaps her frame of reference, is just that, her parents multiple marriages and what it did to her has a child. It is understandable that she wouldn't want to put her own children through that. I could certainly see that as my frame of reference.

Most of us are prepared when meeting a boyfriends family for the first time. As a matter of fact Chelsea said she wanted to convince them that she was the one for Matt. His mom wasn't buying into it, immediately.

If it indeed was an act, they both did a good job. Shaynes was Oscar worthy however and perhaps the producers should take another look at her portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by paborn123;3004059;
    I happen to agree that she is too young for marriage and hasn't lived long enough to be wiser. However in all fairness, most of us don't live on our own from the time we are 17. There is something to be said for a street smart education. I think her work ethic was well established during the episodes.

Perhaps her frame of reference, is just that, her parents multiple marriages and what it did to her has a child. It is understandable that she wouldn't want to put her own children through that. I could certainly see that as my frame of reference.

Most of us are prepared when meeting a boyfriends family for the first time. As a matter of fact Chelsea said she wanted to convince them that she was the one for Matt. His mom wasn't buying into it, immediately.

If it indeed was an act, they both did a good job. Shaynes was Oscar worthy however and perhaps the producers should take another look at her portfolio.
    BUT, I haven't heard anyone give a better description of what to look for in a husband. She feels that the one you want marry is one that you are willing to get through anything with (paraphasing). I really do think that Shayne doesn't see marriage through "rose" colored glasses and that it's because of the multiple divorces in her family. So to be honest about it, I think Shayne has a pretty good feel on what marriage is about. jmo
    Last edited by 2observe; 05-17-2008 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2992796;
    Seriously people, what man with even half a brain would genuinely propose marriage to a woman who:

1. Freely admits to being "high maintenance".
    2. Has more shoes than conversation.
    3. Lives a Hollywood lifestyle
    4. Left a broken home at 17 to live presumably on her own
    5. Comes from parents with multiple marriages
    6. Didn't mind him dating other women on a dating show
    7. Wants people to view her as a dumb blond
    Maybe because Matt sees her as
    1. a woman who would always be there for him
    2. a woman who can look him squarely in the eyes
    3. a woman who is the keystone of her family
    4. a woman who makes a man feel like a man
    5. a woman who has a "s___ load of depth
    6. a woman without a jealous bone in her body
    7. a woman who is so comfortable to be around
    8. a woman who is absolutely beautiful inside and out

Quote Originally Posted by paborn123;3004072;
    Maybe because Matt sees her as
    1. a woman who would always be there for him
    2. a woman who can look him squarely in the eyes
    3. a woman who is the keystone of her family
    4. a woman who makes a man feel like a man
    5. a woman who has a "s___ load of depth
    6. a woman without a jealous bone in her body
    7. a woman who is so comfortable to be around
    8. a woman who is absolutely beautiful inside and out
    Paborn123, YOU ROCK!!! ITA

Quote Originally Posted by lonewriter;2996221;
    yes she did. I just saw the behind the scenes footage on Entertainment Tonight and she was naked. In one photo all she was wearing was a veil. I wonder what Matt thinks of his preciouse "monkey" now that he knows that everyone see her for what she really is and what she will do for publicity. She will leave him for the first producer who offers her a role on the casting couch or for another fool with a bigger wallet.
    I thought ET said it was too awful to show? I've never seen anybody with a shot too disgusting to show. All they have to do is blurr it out and leave the rest to our imagination. Perhaps it wasn't all that and a bag of chips either, or they'd have shown it. No one misses that kind of an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3004066;
    BUT, I haven't heard anyone give a better description of what to look for in a husband. She feels that the one you want marry is one that you are willing to get through anything with (paraphasing). I really do think that Shayne doesn't see marriage through "rose" colored glasses and that it's because of the multiple divorces in her family. So to be honest about it, I think Shayne has a pretty good feel on what marriage is about. jmo
    Oh yeah and that too...the list goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3004075;
    Paborn123, YOU ROCK!!! ITA
    Thank You...

+ Reply to Thread